PDA

View Full Version : Garrote repair??

Razorfish
04-16-2005, 08:13 AM
i have a nifty garrote wire...has glass shards in it. Broke it on a spider temple priest...(one round away from killin it) can it be repaired? do i need to find a merchant or can i do it? any place to fix it in the landing or near buy towns?:?:

Bobmuhthol
04-16-2005, 08:14 AM
I've never heard of repairing them, and there's no NPC for it.

Parkbandit
04-16-2005, 08:17 AM
What good rogue in their right mind wouldn't get an unbreakable wire to use?

:smug:

Fallen
04-16-2005, 08:26 AM
From the amount of complaining I hear with rogues concerning this skill, I would imagine such an item is quite rare.

StrayRogue
04-16-2005, 08:27 AM
They are not presently repairable, though I hear I the ability to do so is currently in the works.

Parkbandit
04-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Fallen
From the amount of complaining I hear with rogues concerning this skill, I would imagine such an item is quite rare.

The only unbreakable garotte I know of is a wire lockpick from the Dhu I think. SHM got it for me.

I know it's not unbreakable as a lockpick.. but I never used it as a lockpick, only a wire. And if it was breakable that way, Falgrin would have had it break as he used if very often. :)

And because it was a lockpick.. I wonder if it COULD be repaired in that manner.

Gan
04-16-2005, 08:45 AM
I was given a bloody length of rope once, found out it was a garrote but broken. Assisted and a GM fixed because she did not know what the stance was on garrotes yet back when it first came out. Later on I saw them for sale at the Dhu.

From what I've heard, the ability to repair is still not released yet.

StrayRogue
04-16-2005, 08:46 AM
Alot of items can be used as garrotes now, anything with the noun rope, wire, scarf or belt. Probably more too. So its not a big deal if they break.

Razorfish
04-16-2005, 08:54 AM
ooh i'm going to try my nifty belt with the 4 winds buckle out then...

how stupid to have them break and not have them able to be fixed...at the very least with the fix <item> command... for a few times then make them beyond repair...or degrade like lockpicks do when ya have em fixed.... thanks for the info...

StrayRogue
04-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Well thats what they say will be done. But I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

The only unbreakable garotte I know of is a wire lockpick from the Dhu I think. SHM got it for me.

Clearly you need to come back and give me many, many coins, for such an uber item.

Parkbandit
04-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

Originally posted by Parkbandit

Clearly you need to come back and give me many, many coins, for such an uber item.

Clearly you need to come over to WoW, join my guild and become my little bitch there as well.

:D