PDA

View Full Version : a bejeweled low steel longsword

Silvanostar
05-19-2021, 02:46 AM
so i found a thing! It imparts a bonus of +40 more than usual. It appears to weigh about 4 pounds. This low steel longsword inflicts more fearsome wounds when employed against all extraplanar creatures. It is a tricky project (460 difficulty) for an adventurer to modify.

it seems to be bugged though. I can't get the psychic flares to go off, and i thought high steel was the material thats weighted against extraplanar creatures?

anyway curious as to what this would go for. not that i'm selling any time soon.

BriarFox
05-19-2021, 01:21 PM
Legendary find? Regular low steel is 6x with mindwrack flares. Yours is 8x with mindwrack flares and EPB. Low stee isn’t too bad to enchant either. Nice piece.

Skeletor
05-19-2021, 02:09 PM
so i found a thing! It imparts a bonus of +40 more than usual. It appears to weigh about 4 pounds. This low steel longsword inflicts more fearsome wounds when employed against all extraplanar creatures. It is a tricky project (460 difficulty) for an adventurer to modify.

it seems to be bugged though. I can't get the psychic flares to go off, and i thought high steel was the material thats weighted against extraplanar creatures?

anyway curious as to what this would go for. not that i'm selling any time soon.

What does it inspect as?

Also, if it does inspect as high steel you may want to assist and get a GM to change it to low steel (think it's more valuable this way?)

Best case scenario is the GM who created it was going for a low steel weapon that also hits extraplanar creatures (hence the 8x?) and has extraplanar bane.

That would be sick...

Silvanostar
05-19-2021, 03:55 PM
I've got a referral pending. hopefully i can keep the epb AND have it flare mindwrack. i can't analyze it and I cant inspect it. the loresong would only reveal the gem-eater portion.

Alashir
05-19-2021, 03:58 PM
It's a gem eater as well?

Silvanostar
05-19-2021, 04:00 PM
yea. although i can't seem to remove the diamond i attached to it

Alashir
05-19-2021, 04:02 PM
That's awesome

Skeletor
05-19-2021, 04:11 PM
yea. although i can't seem to remove the diamond i attached to it

lol um someone went all-out when designing that long.

You can't hot swap anymore, you gotta swing it till it breaks then pop-in the new one.

Silvanostar
05-19-2021, 04:13 PM
ooh gotcha. any idea how many swings it takes for a gem to decay? its a nifty item for sure; too bad its a longsword.

BriarFox
05-19-2021, 04:14 PM
Wow, that's neat. So, the EBP may be from the diamond you stuck in it, then. In which case, it's an 8x low steel longsword gem-eater.

Silvanostar
05-19-2021, 04:22 PM
no. the ebp was in the base before i put the gem. thats why i'm thinking its bugged.

BriarFox
05-19-2021, 04:30 PM
Hm. The effect of the diamond/gem-eater script could be overwriting the mindwrack flares, I suppose.

Skeletor
05-19-2021, 04:31 PM
no. the ebp was in the base before i put the gem. thats why i'm thinking its bugged.

tell us how it turns out. It would be amazing if it ends up being a 8x low steel gem-eater longsword with extraplanar bane. Best find ever from a critter box?

Idalias
05-19-2021, 04:35 PM
Was it a legendary drop? Or just a normal (albeit amazing!) GM feeder item?

somethief2
05-19-2021, 04:38 PM
Add me to the list of folks who want to know more. Legendary drop, I'm assuming. Pretty good for a capped TWC OHE user!

Alashir
05-19-2021, 05:23 PM
I can't imagine it's not a legendary drop but I'd love to be wrong and have that kinda stuff dropping in regular boxes....

Gelston
05-19-2021, 05:26 PM
Was it a legendary drop? Or just a normal (albeit amazing!) GM feeder item?

GMs are very heavily constrained by what they can create to put in feeders. I highly doubt low steel would be allowed to be a GM creation. You'll normally see nice alters with fairly average 4x/5x stats for something a GM has put in.

The automated system that creates things on its own, however, could theoretically make anything.

The legendary drops didn't exist during my very short time, but wasn't it billed as automated with a higher chance of nice items?

beldannon5
05-19-2021, 05:40 PM
it was a legendary drop.

Alastir
05-19-2021, 05:57 PM
GMs are very heavily constrained by what they can create to put in feeders. I highly doubt low steel would be allowed to be a GM creation. You'll normally see nice alters with fairly average 4x/5x stats for something a GM has put in.

The automated system that creates things on its own, however, could theoretically make anything.

The legendary drops didn't exist during my very short time, but wasn't it billed as automated with a higher chance of nice items?

Not automated. They designed high end items and put them in the legendary hopper.

Nordred
05-19-2021, 06:14 PM
Alright I'm interested.. who do I have to kill to get rid of the line forming?

beldannon5
05-19-2021, 06:56 PM
now nordred you don't have to buy everything sparkly you see

Nordred
05-19-2021, 07:15 PM
It's shiny.. and new! And I don't have one. And I have to get before other people do.

Gelston
05-20-2021, 02:25 PM
Not automated. They designed high end items and put them in the legendary hopper.

Kind of surprised it doesn't have a cool alteration then. Some GMs are very creative on that front though. Like, I sucked at it.

Silvanostar
05-21-2021, 03:30 PM
ok so as i figured, my longsword is bugged. after speaking with wyrom, it was supose to be high steel.

i've got 2 options: keep the gem eater script but convert it to high steel or convert it to low steel and lose the gem eater script. i'd appreciate opinions on this!

Alashir
05-21-2021, 03:46 PM
ok so as i figured, my longsword is bugged. after speaking with wyrom, it was supose to be high steel.

i've got 2 options: keep the gem eater script but convert it to high steel or convert it to low steel and lose the gem eater script. i'd appreciate opinions on this!

Ooo, these are good problems to have. Curious what others say

Alashir
05-21-2021, 03:48 PM
Fwiw my choice would be low steel

fallenSaint
05-21-2021, 04:01 PM
Do you want to keep it? High Steel Gem Eater sounds super fun and unique. If you want to sell it, I think low steel is probably still the more effective mechanically.

Skeletor
05-21-2021, 04:44 PM
Scrip cost wise-

High Steel ~ 150k bs
Low Steel ~ 300k bs

Will you still be getting the EPB on the low steel as well?

One important consideration. The low steel will occupy the Cat B but will leave the Script Category open. The High Steel with the Gem-eater script will occupy both the script and Cat B slots as well as override the holy flares on 1625, the high steel's inherent EPB abilities will also occupy the bane slot.

I personally would go for the low steel seeing how easily (relatively with a lot of money) you can add scripts and banes etc. nowadays.

At the very least you will fetch more silvers with the low steel version and it's already 8x as well so it can at least hit demons and things.

Red
05-21-2021, 04:54 PM
Hard to say. I think Ondreian has a gem eater so I would ask him. If not better they are more rare and I believe they also flare on each hit as well.

Nordred
05-21-2021, 06:53 PM
Keep it as gem eater. That's actually pretty damn unique. You could do some really interesting things with that. Low steel as is is all over the place and really I think the novelty of it is wearing off with as often as I've seen those pieces sold.

neimanz1
05-21-2021, 07:04 PM
Keep it as gem eater. That's actually pretty damn unique. You could do some really interesting things with that. Low steel as is is all over the place and really I think the novelty of it is wearing off with as often as I've seen those pieces sold.

^^^wise^^^

Silvanostar
05-21-2021, 09:39 PM

you say that, but how many actual low steel weapons are there in the game right now? Granted I'm fairly poor, but I haven't seen a lot of low steel weapons getting sold, if any. All I can go by is the possible # of gem eaters according to the wiki and the fact that high steel isn't so great unless you hunt otf.

BriarFox
05-21-2021, 09:44 PM
8x high-steel EPB gem/eater is more unique than 8x EPB low steel, but the latter is upgradeable much more easily. I’d personally prefer the latter as a weapon. But, then, I hate upkeep.

Greng
05-21-2021, 09:48 PM
109% choose gem eater

Skeletor
05-21-2021, 10:07 PM
You could do a (probably) first and auction off either a 8x high steel gem eater or a 8x low steel weapon buyer's choice, heh.

drauz
05-21-2021, 10:23 PM
High steel is pretty underwhelming and only really great against Ithzir but low steel hits everything and gives major RT to them.

I vote low steel all the way.

Velfi
05-21-2021, 10:38 PM
It's worth at least 3 tacos, easy.

lexbubba
05-22-2021, 01:07 AM
how long do gems last in gem eaters? seems like it could be a lot of maintenance if you have to keep adding gems regularly. I prefer low-maintenance things.

Zanatos
05-22-2021, 07:36 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/5aj8zd.gif

m444w
05-22-2021, 09:11 AM
if you do not choose gem eater you will be making a mistake.

Berost
05-22-2021, 12:30 PM
Aren't gem eaters under review and being re-coded.... or did that finish?

m444w
05-22-2021, 04:06 PM
Aren't gem eaters under review and being re-coded.... or did that finish?

That is gem eating armor, specifically because it was released borked, then fixed, which then got borked again, and then now they are being re-fixed or something. Not gem eating weapons, or any of the other gem eating items afaik.

Berost
05-22-2021, 04:31 PM
That is gem eating armor, specifically because it was released borked, then fixed, which then got borked again, and then now they are being re-fixed or something. Not gem eating weapons, or any of the other gem eating items afaik.

Coolio.

Alashir
05-23-2021, 12:55 AM
I've enjoyed this thread. What an awesome problem to have.

Fiend394
05-26-2021, 12:33 AM
Man, when do we find out if he got the gem eater or went with low steel

Silvanostar
05-26-2021, 07:44 AM
Man, when do we find out if he got the gem eater or went with low steel

lol i wasn't trying to make it all dramatic. i went with the gem eating script.

Skeletor
05-26-2021, 07:53 AM
lol i wasn't trying to make it all dramatic. i went with the gem eating script.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BlueIdealisticAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

somethief2
05-26-2021, 08:18 AM
Sorry but can someone recap then what the weapon is? I don't know much about gem-eaters (I think my father was part gem-eater but not sure).

Silvanostar
05-26-2021, 08:50 AM
https://gswiki.play.net/Gem-eating_weapon

low steel with mindwrack flares was tempting for sure

Alashir
05-26-2021, 10:14 AM
https://gswiki.play.net/Gem-eating_weapon

low steel with mindwrack flares was tempting for sure

Lol I was wondering when we'd find out as well. Congrats on your new weapon and piece of history