PDA

View Full Version : Good times in WoW

Parkbandit
05-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Last night was a fucking blast for me.

First:

Nien and I.. who both play rogues of level 25.. were in Stone Talon doing some quests when we came upon this 35 paladin and 21 priest. We end up engaging them both, killing the priest quickly and both dying to the paladin. I run back and Nien gets fucking lost. When I get back, I sap the paladin and kill the priest... then vanish. Paladin raises the priest.. I sap the paladin again and kill the priest. I end up running away.. lose aggro and stealth back up. He's obviously looking all over hell for me, can't find me and then goes to raise the priest again. I miss the sap on him, attack the priest but don't kill him and then sprint out. both are now following.. and I ended up using a fucking sheep and it blows up the priest, killing him (for some retarded reason, he didn't heal herself) and I end up getting tag team aggroed by everything there and dying.

Second:

I came upon the worst hunter ever. He sneaks up on me somehow and starts shooting off concussion shots at me. I quickly sprint off and then hit vanish. Dear Hunter... use the mark and I am fucking toast. Period. He was in his 30's.

I end up somehow surviving that encounter and stealth back. Hello.. he doesn't use stealth track at all. He has a companion of some 25-27 range.. can't remember. They end up getting split up.. I engage the cloth wearer and end up ganking her. She was obviously was talking in party "HURRY UP, THE AMAZING STABBED IS HERE KICKING MY ASS!!!" because as soon as I dropped the cloth guy.. the hunter who is in his mid 30's .. 10 levels above me.. TURNS TAIL AND CHEETAHS THE FUCK OUT SO I WOULDN'T KILL HIM!! Kagg ended up coming out and we chase down this 32 priestess. He was just slowing her down so I could kill her. We must have run the entire north/south map.

Good fucking times.

AnticorRifling
05-24-2005, 04:02 PM
These stories would be so much better without words like aggroed and those other words that don't mean shit to me. Sounds like fun though.

Wezas
05-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
These stories would be so much better without words like aggroed and those other words that don't mean shit to me. Sounds like fun though.

Originally posted by Parkbandit
sap - a rogue skill where the rogue is hidden and "saps" the victim to leave them stunned for 20+ seconds or until someone hits them.

vanish - a rogue skill that allows the rogue to "vanish" into his hidden state even when in combat. 5 minute cooldown.

aggro - aggrovation? Basically when you agro something - you are engaged with them in battle and cannot do many things (including going stealth). Losing agro means they are no longer engaged with you.

I ended up using a fucking sheep and it blows - I assume it's something republicans do. Not sure to be honest.

concussion shots - a ranged attack that Dazes the target, slowing movement speed to 50% of normal for 4 sec.

the mark - The Hunters Mark, a skill that increases the Ranged Attack Power of all attackers against that target by 20

stealth track - A hunter skill that Increases stealth detection and shows hidden units within detection range on the minimap.

companion - The Hunter's pet, or familiar.

ganking - Killing

Littlefang
05-24-2005, 04:18 PM
I had a good time too. I joined up with a 30 hunter in 1k Needles to do bugs. I got swarmed by bugs and die but she got out. All of a sudden shes dead. Turns out there is a 29 mage and 42 paladin there. So I head back to my body get alive and keep out of sight until my fellow hunter returns the paladin is bouncing all over the flats killing things. He gets far enough away from the mage and I send the pet and run right up to him. Good bye mage.

So peeved paladin heads over our way we send both pets I got in close cause I have stomp and she sits out there pegging him with arrows. I did have to heal and bandage myself but I got him with the stomp when he tired to heal. Dead paladin

They got us next round but mage decided to sit and regain health and mana right in front of my body heh. I think at the end of the night we were 8 kills they were 3 so good fun. Never did get the damn bug.

LF

[Edited on 5-24-2005 by Littlefang]

theotherjohn
05-24-2005, 04:35 PM
:grr:

all I see is blah blah blah not playing my capped guild leader to find stuff to give to Toj

Parkbandit
05-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
I ended up using a fucking sheep and it blows - I assume it's something republicans do. Not sure to be honest.

Fucker.

When learning the engineering profession, you can learn to make exploding sheep. They follow you around for 3 minutes until you target someone and then the sheep runs after that PC and blows them the fuck up.

Wezas needs to stop comparing other people to his early days on his uncle's farm.

Wezas
05-24-2005, 04:40 PM
When learning the engineering profession, you can learn to make exploding sheep. They follow you around for 3 minutes until you target someone and then the sheep runs after that PC and blows them the fuck up.

Gotcha. I never got my engineer that far along. Only thing he had similar was a target dummy.

Parkbandit
05-24-2005, 04:40 PM

Maybe if you stick a god damn crowbar in your wallet and buy the fucking graphics card and game already.. YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Cheap bastard. You remind me of Dar.. and it's not meant as a compliment.

05-24-2005, 04:44 PM

Cheap bastard. You remind me of Dar.. and it's not meant as a compliment.

That reminds me. I was fully expecting the repy to Wezas' thread about his network problems to be something like BUY A NEW LAPTOP YOU CHEAP ASS BASTARD!!!

Wezas
05-24-2005, 04:44 PM

Maybe if you stick a god damn crowbar in your wallet and buy the fucking graphics card and game already.. YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I AM TALKING ABOUT.

That's sad because my laptop runs WoW with a 32mb graphics card.

AnticorRifling
05-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Did I mention I snagged a 256MB video card for 100 bucks? It may or may not be a hot item. :cool:

Wezas
05-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Did I mention I snagged a 256MB video card for 100 bucks? It may or may not be a hot item. :cool:

Drop $50 on the game and you're golden.

Parkbandit
05-24-2005, 05:05 PM

w00t. So you will be joining the Horde on the Dunemaul server when?

crazymage
05-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Ganking means more then one person attacking a single person PLEASE USE IT RIGHT!

Apotheosis
05-24-2005, 05:09 PM
you guys are making me want to buy wow and say bye bye to GS

theotherjohn
05-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Yswithe

I was very addicted to GS....

Now I cant believe I even played it

crazymage
05-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Aggro = Aggressive (When a mob becomes aggresive towards you)

Parkbandit
05-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

Same here.

Night and day.

SnatchWrangler
05-24-2005, 11:05 PM

Same here. I can't believe I still pay for a GS account. I keep meaning to clean up my characters and close my account but...I have zero urge to even approach the game again.

SnatchWrangler
05-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Speaking of good times...

Remember a couple nights ago where I mentioned I killed a couple NE rogues up in Azshara...and how they were trying to bait me into attacking like I couldn't see the one stealthed while the other just sat down?

Then, after a few minutes, the one that was 58 went to hearth out, while the 51 rogue hid in the bushes stealthed. So I hit sprint, stealthed to the HS'er, sapped him, then made a b-line for the bushes and took out the other rogue. Then went back and finished off the hearthstoner.

Well, they tried to jump me later while I was fighting a mob, I managed to finish off the mob, blind the younger one, finish off the older one, and vanished cuz I had about 15% left.

Anyways...what made it all sweeter...was I found out the younger rogue was Rangrang's new character. I hate that fucker (level 60 NE Hunter)....that made those kills all the more satisfying.

[Edited on 5-25-2005 by SnatchWrangler]

05-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Comparing GS to WoW is like night to day. I think people are still caught up the WoW glamor and novelty (there *IS* a lot to the game!), but I still find myself missing the RP that I can get in GS that I sure as hell won't get in WoW.

- Arkans

peam
05-25-2005, 02:01 PM
I want to play so fucking bad.

Someone send me a system capable of running WoW... NOW!

Parkbandit
05-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler

Same here. I can't believe I still pay for a GS account. I keep meaning to clean up my characters and close my account but...I have zero urge to even approach the game again.

You're an idiot if you are still paying for it. All you have to do is close your account. Your characters are still going to be there.. if for some fucked up reason you change your mind. Just make sure you have the account and password/security answer known.

Landrion
05-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by crazymage
Ganking means more then one person attacking a single person PLEASE USE IT RIGHT!

Yeah, ganked is short for gang fucked.

SnatchWrangler
05-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Landrion

Originally posted by crazymage

Yeah, ganked is short for gang fucked.

Really? I thought it was a term stolen from gangsta rap music by little suburban white kids that play video games.