PDA

View Full Version : hookt on fonix

hectomaner
04-12-2005, 03:51 PM
so i feel kinda stupid getting so pissed off at petty shit like this. i mean, i'm not so hot at spelling, but only when it comes to certain words that i'm not using a lot. i spend a lot of time in the paladin folder on the play.net boards, and this person has been posting a little while and every time i see his name, it makes me want to scream, because i know what i'll have to deal with. here are a few examples

carneym4 -

hello i was wondering why we have yet to get a responce on this spell? Its what 12 days late? i would just like to know what helps it i do not care how long it takes just as long as i can properly train for it. after all its a mass attack spell so its very emportend that we know what helps and what hurts. Thanks i'm not griping just geting nervis i have 6 days left till my migration stops.

whin i was yung mt teacher sed son i se you going some were in life.
I sed rilly?!
she sed yes detention!

another fine example

carneym4 -

hello i think we should have more combat spells that deel greater damig with the lors.
i think that if we need to train in the lors we should get a spell that can do increest damig with the lors we have

so am i just crazy for letting this bug me? i feel like i'm reading some cryptic form of english sometimes going through these posts. this kind of stuff bug anyone else like it does me?

4a6c1
04-12-2005, 03:54 PM
MAYBE HE HAD TOO MANY SNACKPACK PUDDINGS AND NOW HE IS TYPING HIGH.

hectomaner
04-12-2005, 03:56 PM
mmmmm snackpack

Bobmuhthol
04-12-2005, 03:57 PM
The only thing I can think of is that he's like 8.

Some Rogue
04-12-2005, 04:11 PM
or French

Amaron
04-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Looks like maybe english is a second language.

J

Wezas
04-12-2005, 04:17 PM
My guess is it's someone young. Reading both of those posts and the way they're worded - it doesn't seem to me like it's someone who doesn't know the language.

They know the language, know the words they want to use, just don't know how to spell/punctuate/use apostrophes.

Parkbandit
04-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Dar, Alorg, Sade and myself were grouped with this hunter the other night in WoW and he talked much like that. I swear, if we could attack our own, I would have killed him.

WATE! I C A ROGE!

Bobmuhthol
04-12-2005, 04:23 PM
No Frenchman is going to say
whin i was yung mt teacher sed son i se you going some were in life.
I sed rilly?!
she sed yes detention! ever.

AnticorRifling
04-12-2005, 04:57 PM
It's almost as bad as never using the shift key............ h8r :cool:

Mistomeer
04-12-2005, 05:03 PM
I hate that guy so very much.

hectomaner
04-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
It's almost as bad as never using the shift key............ h8r :cool:

hehe, yeah i RARELY use the shift key ;)

MrFeature
04-12-2005, 06:03 PM
He might be typing that way on purpose. The way he messes up words which sound similar are different.

"increest" and "deel" vs. "teacher". Both have the ē sound yet he typed them differently. He also spelled "Detention" correctly. Following his typing style, he should have spelled it, "detenshun".

From his two posts, his grammar seems to progressively get worse, he is most likely faking it.

Artha
04-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't think anyone can play a text-based game and suck that bad at English.

Warriorbird
04-12-2005, 06:22 PM
If it is who I think it is, he's 2 years older than Bob.

hectomaner
04-12-2005, 06:27 PM
laccon?

DCSL
04-12-2005, 08:00 PM
No, you're not the only one. I usually refrain from saying anything about it to keep from getting into pointless arguments, but I can't stand it. It gives me a tiny twitch at the edge of my left eyelid. If he's doing that on purpose, he should be beaten by the She-Hulk with a Hummer like Captain America.

Drinin
04-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by DCSL
No, you're not the only one. I usually refrain from saying anything about it to keep from getting into pointless arguments, but I can't stand it. It gives me a tiny twitch at the edge of my left eyelid. If he's doing that on purpose, he should be beaten by the She-Hulk with a Hummer like Captain America.

Butchered my own message, I give up.

[Edited on 4-13-2005 by Drinin]

Wezas
04-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Artha
I don't think anyone can play a text-based game and suck that bad at English.

Originally posted by Xcalibur
I left from november 2003 (GS4 got in) and came back this month.

Draacon
06-04-2005, 07:38 PM
He honestly might be dyslexic its possible.

Itachi
06-04-2005, 07:43 PM
He's not jumbling the correct letters though, he's just using the wrong ones. I'm going with MrFeatures theory.