PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever shown up to work...

Back
04-12-2005, 09:03 AM
With pillow lines on your face? Heh. I did once and was laughed at. It hasen’t happened to me in a long time since. So just today my boss walks in with one. I don’t feel so stupid now!

Have you ever put on two different shoes? Thats dumbass me right here. But funnier yet, no one noticed.

Or probably a little more common, still buzzed from the night before? Done that too. It really sucks.

Mistomeer
04-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Not the pillow lines, but I stayed out late drinking one night and had a meeting with all the management first thing in the morning. I fucking reeked of alcohol.

Parkbandit
04-12-2005, 09:33 AM
I have 2 suits that are very similar in color.. once came to work with the pants of one suit and top of another. Since the color was so close.. it certainly didn't look right.

Thankfully, I noticed before anyone else did (I hope) and was jacketless the rest of the day.

Fallen
04-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Since I have been to work 3 minutes after waking up, I have looked like absolute hell on multiple occasions. Never wore mismatching shoes, however.

Czeska
04-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Dark navy tights with black skirt. After that, the husband dealt with me turning a light on in the morning when I got dressed.

04-12-2005, 09:40 AM
I remember I got piss drunk the night before, woke up after 3 hours, went to work and looked and smelled like walking death. I was like.. HAHAHAHA!

- Arkans

AnticorRifling
04-12-2005, 09:41 AM
I used to keep a spare set of cammies/boots/etc along with a hygeine kit at the office. I've literally come in from the bar and gone straight to work.

Wezas
04-12-2005, 09:46 AM
I've forgotten my work laptop at home at least four times.

Since my boss now gets in at 10 (she works from home from 8am-9am) I've been totally sleeping in. I wake up at 8:30 or so, take a shower, get dressed, sit in traffic, and get in at about 9:25 (I'm supposed to be in at 9:00).

Leetahkin
04-12-2005, 10:31 AM
I often take a nap at work during my break, and always wake up with a waffle type print on the side of my face from my sweater. We're all pretty cool around here, and it's not anyone else will see me. ::mutters secure floor::

Jennaen
04-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Thankfully, on this occasion, I was the only one in the office all day...

Wasn't feeling well, wore the grubbies (i.e. sweats and a t-shirt) to work, as I just went in to get done what absolutely needed to be done. About an hour into shuffling around, I felt something at my ankle. I looked down, and saw a lump at the ankle of my sweats. Was a pair of underwear, courtesy of the dryer. Not mine, mind you, but my (ex)hubby's undies.

I did tell my boss (an old family friend) about it the next day, and we had a good belly laugh over it, but I was glad to have been alone for that charming little discovery.

I've never done the two shoes thing, but I have done the one black sock, one navy blue sock thing before. Oh, and.. the inside out shirt. *whistles*

Tsa`ah
04-12-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm not a morning person. Not being a morning person and being the type that only shaves the neck and trims the face down to stubble ... I have gone to work with a bushy neck more than twice.

I have also forgotten about appointments for customer tours and shown up to work in my "production" clothes ready to have techs walk me through refits and maintenance procedures.

Then there are the random weeks I pick to investigate and observe the happenings and going ons of our night and grave-yard shifts. I have woken up to the sound of a keyboard all pissed off that my forehead was using it as a pillow. The key impressions on one's forehead take longer to fade than pillow marks.

DeV
04-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Happened about two months ago that I went the entire day with my shirt inside out. Thankfully it was from NY&Co. and is a nice quality print inside and out and it wasn't very noticeable except for the white tag sticking out the back of my shirt. I get to class later that evening after working all day and one of the girls is like... the shirt's nice but it'd be even nicer if it weren't on backwards :wink: ...I was truly shocked but then I discretely went to the bathroom and changed it right away.

Edited for grammar

[Edited on 4-12-2005 by DeV]

Latrinsorm
04-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Being old is going to suck. :( How can you not notice what shoes you have on???

Alfster
04-12-2005, 12:36 PM
I can't say that I'm a good employee...

I've done it all and last summer was no exception. I was working at my school in the summertime doing maintenance...we had a crew of 7 students and 8 or 9 full timer's. The full timer's didn't really give a shit what the students did, so long as we showed up.

Every Wednesday night the student employees would go over to someones house and play beer pong, the biggest problem was that we'd start right after work hoping to get to bed early. It never worked because by the time it hit midnight we were usually heading to the bar...2 a.m. bar close and we'd usually all stumble back to my place because I lived the closest to the bars and work.

We'd then get up at 6 a.m. and be at work by 6:15....usually would find an unoccupied room and sleep until first break.

I've also been the one who's worn mismatching shoes, socks...never shaved before work.

I used to go home on lunch break and smoke a bowl, sometimes I'd go back to work, other times I'd take a nap and make it back to work in time to punch out for the day.

Back
04-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Being old is going to suck. :( How can you not notice what shoes you have on???

Watch it, jr! Don’t make me bust out the with the cane.

Anyway, I was in a super rush that morning. The way I noticed was how they felt as I rode the escalator down to the Metro. Thats when I looked down and discovered my wardrobe malfunction.

Only time its ever happened to me, and the only time it ever will.

Kyra
04-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Hmmm...on weekends I would sneak around with just a nightlight to get dressed for work. My shift started at 6 and around 10 I went to the bathroom & realized I had my pants on inside out!!

The one time I broke the "rule" and wore colored underwear to work under my white pants...I bent to get a tray & one of my patients screams out "GOT COLORED UNDERWEAR ON???" in front of a bunch of visitors...nice. :rolleyes:

K.

ElanthianSiren
04-12-2005, 08:07 PM
I do it all the time, but the stocks don't care. They still respond to the whip regardless if I'm a pillowface. :p

When I had a job outside my "house" I came to work covered in ice from a hale storm, totally soaked head to toe. I looked like a drowned gothic rat and was cold all day long. That sucked.

-Melissa

Souzy
04-12-2005, 10:49 PM
I've gone to work completely smelling like Hennessey because of the massive amounts of Incredible Hulks I was drinking the night before. I've gone to work looking completely like shit and red eyes, because of no sleep and moola partying the night before. I've gone to work many times completely torn up. It's not thang to me, I'm getting use to it. When I decide to work O.T. on Sat. here, I come looking like shit. I don't care.

Edaarin
04-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Am I the only one that calls in sick/doesn't go to class when this happens...?

Jorddyn
04-12-2005, 10:55 PM
I had a dinner meeting where I was in charge of entertaining two people from our largest broker. I got a migraine in the afternoon at work and ran home around 4 so I could nap for an hour before getting ready and heading downtown around 6 for dinner.

My alarm didn't go off and I woke up about 10 till 6, and it is a 10 minute drive. Threw on clothes, brushed hair, checked makeup, made the drive, parked in the ramp, and hauled ass across the ped mall to get there only a few minutes late.

I got to the table, removed my coat and sat down. My sweater was - quite obviously - on inside out. I wanted to die.

Jorddyn

Doyle Hargraves
04-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Ever walk into work after a really hard night of drinking and throw up all over everybody?

It rocks. Everyone should experience it at least once in their lifetime.

Souzy
04-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Am I the only one that calls in sick/doesn't go to class when this happens...?
If I could call into work the whole week I would. But, since I'd get bagged if I did, I have no choice but to go in. :(
And I've gone to work and left sick because I threw up...many times. But, that happened only once, thank God.

04-13-2005, 01:01 AM
Have you ever shown up to work...

Unfortunately.

NihilistInc
04-13-2005, 01:01 AM
I can honestly say that I've showed up to work in my boxers.

I used to live at the rink I worked at. I was one of the two operations managers there, and I never trusted the other one to show up to work on time, so I gave my cell phone out to several regular customers to use in case no one was there to open up.

When my phone rings at 5am Saturday morning, when I've only had 2 hours of sleep because I closed the night before, I just don't give a crap.

And since I'm already talking about it...

On a dare from the other Ops manager, I drove our Zamboni naked. When the snow tank started to fill up, and the snow started coming back into my face ... it got rather cold.

Keller
04-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Doyle Hargraves
Ever walk into work after a really hard night of drinking and throw up all over everybody?

It rocks. Everyone should experience it at least once in their lifetime.

Doyle Hargraves, a blue collar David Brent.