PDA

View Full Version : For any finance people...

Edaarin
04-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know a good place I can find information on a company's historical S&P credit rating? I need to find out what the bond rating is on a company with a AA- rating in 1995.

GSTamral
04-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Use the EDGAR database to get those numbers. Some sites let you sample it for free. It contains all SEC filed financial data for any given company. If all you want is the bond rating on a company, the best source would be a magazine from that year. Every year, there are financial publications that have that information, and AA- is not an uncommon rating.

HarmNone
04-10-2005, 02:52 PM
S&P has a website, as well. You could try checking there, under "Ratings Inquiries".

http://www2.standardandpoors.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=sp/Page/FixedIncomeMainPg&r=1&l=EN&b=2

Edaarin
04-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I skulked around the S&P website for a bit but I couldn't figure out how to get historical data.

HarmNone
04-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Hmm. They might not have all of that uploaded, but a nicely-worded, pleading email might get you what you want. Otherwise, you could call them at (212) 208-1527. That's the ratings desk, and they should be able to provide you with historical data.

Xandalf
04-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Does anyone know a good place I can find information on a company's historical S&P credit rating? I need to find out what the bond rating is on a company with a AA- rating in 1995.

The Business & Company Research Center is good.

The Business Source Premier is good.

Hoover's online is excellent.

Factivia is pretty good as well.

Unforutnatly, all of these search engines are available through my college network. I'm not sure if they are available to the general public.

If you U2U me with what company you're looking for, I'll look it up and send you all kinds of shit.

HarmNone
04-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Whee! Good ol' networking. That's great, Xandalf! :)