PDA

View Full Version : Lockpick Bracer

hamsquatch
01-26-2021, 10:20 PM
Scrollworked mithril vambrace, fully unlocked gnomish bracer - what's the value these days?

gilchristr
01-27-2021, 12:37 AM
About three fiddy (in Canadian dollars)

Dosselmeyer
01-27-2021, 11:03 AM
Is this the one that holds 20 picks or whatever? Not sure the appraisal but I am interested.

hamsquatch
01-27-2021, 02:13 PM
20 picks and detects traps, etc

Berost
01-27-2021, 05:04 PM
About three fiddy (in Canadian dollars)

You have to pay your own taxes though. Don't need that Canadian IRS coming after yas, or so I am told.

Macillus
01-28-2021, 03:18 AM
If you’re planning to sell, I’d post an auction with an MB of 20m

kutter
01-28-2021, 07:56 AM
As far as the ones that disarm as well, those are pretty damn rare, I am betting they will fetch quite a bit. The regular ones hold 5 off the shelf and I think can be unlocked twice to 10 and 20. I know I have had mine unlocked once and it holds 10.

hamsquatch
01-28-2021, 08:59 AM
As far as the ones that disarm as well, those are pretty damn rare, I am betting they will fetch quite a bit. The regular ones hold 5 off the shelf and I think can be unlocked twice to 10 and 20. I know I have had mine unlocked once and it holds 10.

This holds 20, doesn't disarm but does detect traps without fail at a flat 5 seconds, you then still need to go through the normal disarm process.

Macillus
01-28-2021, 02:32 PM
I don't believe there's an unlock for disarming traps, just detecting them. It should go:
OTS - 5 lockpicks
T1 - 10 lockpicks
T2 - 20 lockpicks, plus trap detect

You analyze your mithril vambrace and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| -=Gnomish Mech Locksmith Bracer=- |
| These items can only be altered within very specific guidelines. |
| No shows or long descriptions. Only the 15/15/15 may be changed. |
| Approved nouns: bracer, vambrace, arm-guard. |
| |
| Only the following can be customized: |
| Gears - Must be a metal |
| Casings - Must be a metal |
| Arms/Banding - Must be a metal |
| Button - May be a color/wood/metal/gemstone |
| Gemstone - Must be a translucent gemstone, nothing opaque. |
| |
| It is completely unlocked and holds 20 lockpicks |
| It can open boxes with custom messaging with PUSH. |
| It can now check to see if a box is trapped via RUB. |
| You can now: WEAR, REMOVE, TURN, TICKLE, SPIN, PUSH, POKE and RUB|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------|

Damn wiki still doesn't have a page for them. I'll make one tonight.

gilchristr
01-29-2021, 12:29 AM
Is the main point of these disarm bracers for people who want to try and use 407 or 125 to open boxes?

I just dont get it, seems like with disarm training I can spot traps without fail in about the same amount of time... hence my though tthat these are for people with inadequate disarm training who are still trying to open some boxes?

Viekn
01-29-2021, 12:39 AM
Is the main point of these disarm bracers for people who want to try and use 407 or 125 to open boxes?

I just dont get it, seems like with disarm training I can spot traps without fail in about the same amount of time... hence my though tthat these are for people with inadequate disarm training who are still trying to open some boxes?

That's essentially it. For a mage (or other non rogue) that likes to open boxes, these provide a fool proof way to detect that a box is trapped/not trapped. And although ;tpick incorporates the use of these bracers, I believe these existed before ;tpick, so they added some automation to disarm/pick before it existed.

Nothing
01-29-2021, 01:17 AM
The pool kinda made them glorified lockpick holders since you have to be holding the box to use them.... but it was nice not having to get/stow my picks every time I picked a box. I only have the OTS version of one though.

Red
01-29-2021, 06:24 AM
I love mine and use it all the time. One of the best QoL items I have. 100% chance to detect traps with short RT while hunting combined with a weightless coin pouch makes it a lot easier to prevent encumbrance, also you will not waste mana on 416 and you can rest assured you did not miss the random scarab. I have owned mine since Larton was the go to and it has paid for itself many times over.

hamsquatch
01-29-2021, 08:42 AM
I love mine and use it all the time. One of the best QoL items I have. 100% chance to detect traps with short RT while hunting combined with a weightless coin pouch makes it a lot easier to prevent encumbrance, also you will not waste mana on 416 and you can rest assured you did not miss the random scarab. I have owned mine since Larton was the go to and it has paid for itself many times over.

I use it on my warrior for bashing, a weightless coin pouch would be a nice addition...

gilchristr
01-29-2021, 02:50 PM
"100% chance to detect traps with short RT while hunting combined with a weightless coin pouch makes it a lot easier to prevent encumbrance"

So if the box is clear (what is that about 15% of boxes?), then you 407 it in the field?

Xanith
01-29-2021, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I think they're mainly for people with inadequate disarm training. I use one of these bracers to see which boxes are bashable versus which need to find a locksmith.

Red
01-29-2021, 06:59 PM
"100% chance to detect traps with short RT while hunting combined with a weightless coin pouch makes it a lot easier to prevent encumbrance"

So if the box is clear (what is that about 15% of boxes?), then you 407 it in the field?

Correct