PDA

View Full Version : Great times you had with Merchants

Trinitis
09-19-2003, 06:22 PM
In following with Ilvane and others desire to add a more happy tone to Players Corner from time to time, I've added this thread as well, to go with my "worst merchant times" thread I made.

Best for me so far? The merchant that added the plasma flares to my falchion..that was by far one of the best looking set of RP and scripts I've ever seen. He does it extreamly well..and does a GREAT job of seeming agelessly old, and extreamly powerful and all knowning.

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Raziras > ALL

Zanagodly
09-19-2003, 06:51 PM
When I used Zanagan to kill Tognus the padder at the Juggernaut a few years back . Then he came after me after he got raised...I tried casting invisibility but I had a spell failure so he killed me with like a 2000 AS. It was good times.

Kurili
09-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Ohh, my! Least favorite is easy. Favorite is real tough.

I like em all, except Chavie. But my special favorites are Lirion, Polto and Piksy. IN no special order.

Acolyte Kurili

Solkern
09-19-2003, 06:56 PM
I had to say this merchant up in icemule, I can't remember his name, but I was sitting there for like hors before he arrived, when he finally arrived, I kept bugging him, to have his dagger pick me and it never did, and I was joking around saying, if it doesn't pick me, your going down buddy!
Finally, I was like that's it the dagger is picking me next (after like 8 or 9 picks already)
and it picked me, everyone was blinking and screaming rig!
Merchant was like hmm that can't be right..I must repick..then he laughed and i got my alter, that was a fun time

Gokkem
09-19-2003, 08:30 PM
Once on Teras, a long long time ago there was a grumpy merchant, can't remember his name. Well he had a sign up that said something to the likes of he'd kill ya if bugged him or something. Well, Angellissa was there and scrolling heal spells, the merchant asked her to stop she didn't so he killed her with like a 2000 cs. He then sancted the room or whatever so Chuckaar couldn't fire back. It was hilarious and my shield was in the merchants hand when he killed the old empath.

Adhara
09-19-2003, 09:10 PM
I know what most of you think of Mahegh but believe it or not, his merchants are the ones I like the most and by far. I don't know why he's so nice to me, serious...

My alters are usually out of the ordinary and instead of quickly dismissing my ideas, he does research on the net to get more information on some of my obscure nouns and discusses it with me. We talk and either he finally agrees to what I want or we come to a compromise. Either way, I always get out of there very satisfied.

The cherry on the sundae was when I had him turn a staff into a crosier. The staff had 2 scripts, lean and tap I think. All I wanted was a show but he said he liked it so much that he added his own scripts. Said crosier now has 8 or 9 scripts. I still don't know if he made them up on the spot or took some that exist on different staves but I have yet to see any like it.

Unique or not, the scripts were an unexpected gift and a moment I will treasure for a long time.

Revalos
09-19-2003, 09:57 PM
Who are Mahegh's merchants if I may ask? Heh...I might be in the same boat hating the GM but liking his merchant characters.

Anyway, my favorite luck related time was at Foehn's Promise when I bid my token for that dwarven warblade, then saw everyone and their mother bid and was like...nah, too many people for me to win this, I want to withdraw my bid...but the withdraw mechanics were buggy and I couldn't.

Then I won it.

Favorite interaction was Dahlgrim when he showed up in Solhaven's North Market. I had no idea he was a merchant until he finally did an act type action without the parentheses. He altered a piece of spidersilk into a doublet and made it pinworn. It was really quiet, with only like four or five people there, and it was so funny to see the scripters come in and rest script with Dahlgrim asking them if they wanted an alteration.

Adhara
09-19-2003, 10:27 PM
Chavie and Scrawll that I know of. If I have delt with others that were his I am not aware of it.

Incidentally, Mahegh also answered my referral once and he RP'ed with me while helping. No other has ever done this with me although in some cases I openly reached out for them in what I thought was an obvious invitation to RP.

I do agree that some of his actions are not RP'ed at events and I have seen him arbitrarily (or it seemed like it) treat some people badly for no apparent reason. Why? I have no idea. But I can only speak for my experiences with him and they were all good.

Betheny
09-20-2003, 06:52 AM
i think a merchant is only as IC as the people they have to work with.

Revalos
09-20-2003, 09:08 AM
Ick, Chavie and Scrawll? Heh...sorry, I definately see the resemblance between the character and the GM there.

Maimara's statement is right on the money. Its up to the audience what the GM does.

I've seen GMs come in roleplaying and actually seen people say basically "shut up and start altering." Of course, I've also seen those people get the smack down from on high.

The recipe for success in my book is for a GM to find a group of folks roleplaying somewhere, and set them up. If they're out hunting, have some small mini-quest to rescue the guy. Then the group finds out that the guy is really a metalsmith. I've seen it happen like that on occasion and that is just a great way to have fun and get something done at the same time.