PDA

View Full Version : Divine Intervention released

Pallon
04-07-2005, 08:20 AM
GM Uliq has released Divine Intervention (1635)!

Mnemonic: DINTERV

Duration: Immediate

Type: Utility/Defense

Divine Intervention calls the patron to the Paladin's aid, assisting in freeing her from her plight. The patron Arkati removes one status effect from the Paladin when she uses the BESEECH command, at a cost of 35 Mana Points (MP), to call for assistance. Such effects include, but are not limited to web, stun, bind, poison, disease, and curse. Because the deity is removing the effect and not the Paladin, there is no spell hindrance. The Paladin cannot be asleep when using this ability.

Note: Using the BESEECH command at any other time will not cost the paladin 35 MPs.

This message was originally posted in Paladins, Paladin Spells. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=30&topic=4&message =1385

Instantly break stun, bind, or web with no chance of failure? What the fuck is 1640, Invulnerability?

Parkbandit
04-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Nice spell.

Kitsun
04-07-2005, 08:42 AM
At 35 mana, they can't exactly pull it off forever. It is an excellent GTFO spell.

04-07-2005, 08:56 AM
The name of this spell needs to change immediately. It sounds like a Catholic charity aimed at saving Emo kids that want to snuff it.

- Arkans

Atlanteax
04-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Kitsun
At 35 mana, they can't exactly pull it off forever. It is an excellent GTFO spell.

True, they can't pull it off forever... but still, in certain circumstances, can be a very powerful spell.

Sean of the Thread
04-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Arkans
The name of this spell needs to change immediately. It sounds like a Catholic charity aimed at saving Emo kids that want to snuff it.

- Arkans

Speaking from experience eh Sprockets? haha

- X

Fallen
04-07-2005, 09:01 AM
I would certainly trade 725 and 730 for it. Awesome spell.

04-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Bah! Go to hell!

Honestly though, the spell isn't that bad. If the Paladin is getting that fucked up by spells in the place he is hunting then he's got a lot more to worry about than just a web or stun.

- Arkans

StrayRogue
04-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Ah they're in line for a nerf.

04-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Truly, I hope not. Maybe Simu will start implementing good powerful stuff into the game again. Y'know, bring back the fun?

- Arkans

StrayRogue
04-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Not the spell, the profession in general.

04-07-2005, 09:16 AM
I wish I could disagree, but you're probably right. I, personally, don't think they need it. It's better to uptweak everyone else then down tweak.

- Arkans

FinisWolf
Bah! Go to hell!

Honestly though, the spell isn't that bad. If the Paladin is getting that fucked up by spells in the place he is hunting then he's got a lot more to worry about than just a web or stun.

- Arkans

Too true. Way too true!

Finis

FinisWolf
Truly, I hope not. Maybe Simu will start implementing good powerful stuff into the game again. Y'know, bring back the fun?

- Arkans

Dreamer...

FinisWolf
04-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I wish I could disagree, but you're probably right. I, personally, don't think they need it. It's better to uptweak everyone else then down tweak.

- Arkans

They won't though, that means too much work.

Finis

StrayRogue
04-07-2005, 09:18 AM

- Arkans

Just more work. An uptweak to everyone means an uptweak to all critters, spells, skills etc.

A paladin swinging at over 300 by his 20's is stupid though.

Still I didn't expect them to get it dead right the first time around.

04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
This is really what happens when you have a broken combat system, unfortunately. Regardless, I think this is a step in the right direction or one that is completely worthless. Seriously, how hard is hunting for anyone?

- Arkans

StrayRogue
04-07-2005, 09:21 AM
How is it broken?

04-07-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm in the camp that is against the redux or super high DS aspect of the game. It creates a system that is afraid to put in real monsters into the game since you need to accomodate all professions in a single system in different ways.

- Arkans

Overlord
04-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Eh? Hunting difficult?. True enough its a nice enough spell...but I doubt I'd use it that often anyway. Only use emergancy I suppose, webbed in a mob.

StrayRogue
04-07-2005, 09:24 AM
I will admit that the crit/attrition system is flawed which leads to your high DS issue. WoW is pretty much totally different where hitting someone isn't the issue, its just all about how quickly and how much damage you can do.

Both systems could be considered flawed, and I doubt theres a perfect solution to either or a system that is perfect in all respects.

04-07-2005, 09:25 AM
That's the point. Hunting is painfully easy due to the redux/high DS model.

- Arkans

StrayRogue
04-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Yeah. And death can come with just one slip up. However you could argue the attrition system of WoW is boring when you're grinding.

StrayRogue
04-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Regardless, both systems are 1 billion times better than UL.

04-07-2005, 09:31 AM
:rofl: For sure they are, Stray.

As far as a combat system I'd like to see? Unfortunately, it involves actual range and an engagement system. You'd have sorcerers using animates as meat shields as well as the other pure professions and the warriors ect. being up close.

This is just the basics, of course, but you *NEED* to have range to have a working combat system, I don't care how you slice it.

- Arkans

Sean of the Thread
04-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by FinisWolf

- Arkans

Dreamer...

Hehe got me thinking about the good ole days of uberness. Ah memories.

Xcalibur
04-07-2005, 10:08 AM
It would be easier to fix, more monsters that got more skills/AI and more spawn of 2-3-4 monsters at the same time, that create a challenge for almost everyone.

AI = they wait a bit instead of swinging and being caught in offensive, they use more defensive stances, they use more adequate CMS, more spells.

And more armors.

p.s. the spell divine intervention is damn strong and they (paladins) are most likely to receive a nerf in their face.

I fear a badder spell hinderance for their armor or a requierement to RP more to have their gods with em.

Warriorbird
04-07-2005, 08:56 PM
DR had a pretty nice system...then they changed weapon combat entirely and capped experience per critter, which was utterly ridiculous in a game where it can take 5 minutes to off a single creature. Then it became much less appealing.