PDA

View Full Version : The Science of Gemstone

Drew2
09-19-2003, 02:20 PM
This isn't the first time I've seen something like this...

Khazmodain says, "Anyone ever told you that your name sounds like the section of the brain responsible for spatial reasoning and understanding.."
[Script]>
Khazmodain peers quizzically at you.

Does real world science have a place in Gemstone? I lean towards no. I could be wrong, though.

Edit: And then he pisses me off by going OOC...

Khazmodain whispers, "The pariedal lobe is the section of the brain near the back at the top and is responsible for spatial skills."

Also an edit: My name is not pariedal. It actually looks nothing like that.

[Edited on 9-19-2003 by Tayre]

Solkern
09-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Well if you place a time, for gemstone, that knowledge didn't exsist, science wasn't that developed

[Edited on 9-19-2003 by Solkern]

Xcalibur
09-19-2003, 02:53 PM
50% of words we say shouldn't exist

Geography of Earth shouldn't belong into gs, as the items of the countries it was from..

(Epee, kopesh, gladius, etc etc)

Science, according to my "petit robert" dictionnary appeared in 1080 (meaning to know)

We're in the begining of middle age, or the late one? (if full plate exists, i'd say late, and if full plate exists, i'd say bring Arquebuse!)

my babbling:bouncy:

Bobmuhthol
09-19-2003, 03:28 PM
By banning items from one country, you have to ban every item. This isn't America.

HarmNone
09-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Heh. The young know-it-all needs to learn to spell parietal. If you are going to sling insults, at least sling intelligent insults. :D

HarmNone has no pariedal lobe

Betheny
09-19-2003, 06:38 PM
I would say that with the weapons, you could explain them in an IC manner. "They were created by the dwarves..." or whatever. The name might have RL connotations but not necessarily in Gemstone. Whereas... now, medicine and anatomy... I'm not sure what sort of science they have in Gemstone.

Do elves have parietal lobes?

Drew2
09-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Sure elves have lobes.

Mine's bigger than most.

GS4Gurl
09-20-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Heh. The young know-it-all needs to learn to spell parietal. If you are going to sling insults, at least sling intelligent insults. :D

HarmNone has no pariedal lobe

School's back in. He must have learned something that day and was trying to show off or something. Ask him about it in a week and he'll probably be like huh? wtf are you talking about? heh