PDA

View Full Version : Illusions

Janarth
04-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Its a royal pain. Neat, but a pain. Does it get any easier, never done guild work before. Speed reps are killing me right now. Anyone have any scripts for it? When can I start disguising my demons? Are there any other benefits to it? Any good strategies for gaining illusions ranks without a lot of hair pulling (I don't want it handed to me on a silver platter, but you can only sit there typing "illusions rose" so many times in a minute only to fail to get six successful ones for ONE of the eight reps you need). Thanks for your help.

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:47 AM
You can use the voids as trashcans. Besides the demon thing, I don't think it has any other benefit. And if its anything like Gambits, it will probably be easier at certain steps, and harder at others.

Gan
04-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Thought I rememberd a thread discussing a script to assist with illusions...

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=6164

Asha
04-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Go Necromancy.

Demons are relatively worthless and your cloak will still fire with just necro lore.

Syberus
04-06-2005, 11:31 AM
It will still fire yes.. but if you use a decently high level spell chances are it will fire at you...

Asha
04-06-2005, 12:00 PM
719 has never fired on me.

I single in demonology till high lord, then used fixskills to change it to Necromancy. The whole timesince the change I have seen NO difference to how CoS works.

Edited to add : I'm sure we're not helping the poster with his question , either way.
Apologies.

[Edited on 4-6-2005 by Drayal]

04-06-2005, 12:08 PM
I .5x in demons and 1x in Necro. I'll be damned if I waste my time on minor demons.

- Arkans

Asha
04-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Agreed. Total waste of spell slot.

04-06-2005, 12:12 PM
If major demons are ever released and are good, I will most likely switch over, but right now I'm having way too much fun with necro, even though it is worthless in my hunting area.

- Arkans

Divinity
04-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Illusions are just like gambits, as Stay mentioned. Roses will be a huge pain in the ass, and it does gradually get easier.

Get a partner and have them help you go through the speed reps. You will have a higher success rate with reps.

I have scripts up to the shadows. Still haven't mastered.

Edited to add, it's a PAIN to get the certain demons they want with younger characters. A HUGE pain.

[Edited on 4-6-2005 by Divinity]

Asha
04-06-2005, 02:20 PM
God , I remember when you were up to shadow , before I even knew there were illusions.
+ I remember looking at you after you'd eaten a rose and thought you had a nice eye alter.

Janarth
04-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Gah, speed reps suck the most, its just impossible :p For a good half hour, never was able to get 5 in sixty seconds, let alone 8 times. Traded, got 9 rep of speed, traded again, 10 reps of speed. I hate gld skills!

Divinity
04-06-2005, 03:56 PM
:( What race is your character and where are they in the game?

Divinity
04-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Drayal
God , I remember when you were up to shadow , before I even knew there were illusions.
+ I remember looking at you after you'd eaten a rose and thought you had a nice eye alter.

:lol: Yeah, the roses do neat things. Plus, I had a guild partner so we tore through them pretty fast. Not as fast as Yact, but pretty fast for how boring it gets after doing them for hours.

Gan
04-06-2005, 04:05 PM
I saw someone create a rose, cast 125 lightning on it, then put it someone elses hands... was funny as hell watching the lightning strike the dooode. I think it was Darwar who made the rose, but I could be mistaken.

Divinity
04-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Haha, I wish I saw that. It's great being able to put something like that in their hands without them knowing it.