PDA

View Full Version : Dagger's

Edy
04-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Any Real Dagger Rouges out there that make it work? I would love to be a roleplaying dagger useing Rogue. I am a Archer at the moment and would love to hear anything I am Train 6 Atm.

Xcalibur
04-05-2005, 10:04 AM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=13614

StrayRogue
04-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Theres alot of dagger users out there. Glimmin uses them exclusively and I believe he is post Rift age. A dagger is probably statistically the best OHE to ambush with in terms of accuracy and speed.

Asha
04-05-2005, 10:12 AM
My Rogue was pure dagger trained.

I think he used a saber towards the end. Aimed for the eye everytime , and if he didn't crit , the flare usually did.

Parkbandit
04-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Unless you have some special daggers with good weighting, good flares or some other good property.. I would use something that causes more damage.

Xcalibur
04-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Like short swords.

A level 8-9 crits on the eye with a short sword is an automatic death for living monsters, by the way.

Asha
04-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Short sword - dagger - sabre = same thing?

Xcalibur
04-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Do you mean about the kind of crits?

If you're speaking of DF vs speed, I doubt it.

StrayRogue
04-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
Like short swords.

A level 8-9 crits on the eye with a short sword is an automatic death for living monsters, by the way.

Just like it is with any other weapon. :rolleyes:

Xcalibur
04-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Any? no.

With weapons that are pincturing weapon 100% of the time? yes

StrayRogue
04-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Short swords don't puncture 100% of the time though.

Xcalibur
04-05-2005, 10:59 AM
You are right, they changed that, every weapon seems to have another kind of crits.

Then the logical thing to do is to take the cman that give you the chance to choose your crit

StrayRogue
04-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Ugh, then you can't aim.

Xcalibur
04-05-2005, 11:04 AM
with ambush you can aim, you forgot?

Edy
04-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Precision allows you to specify the damage type of a weapon (crushing, slashing, or puncture) when used in combat. Up to 30 weapon types can be specified, and your preference will be stored and automatic, can also be cleared or reset. At one rank, your preference will be used 75% of the time, else the weapon has its normal damage chances. At two ranks, the weapon will always deliver your preferred type of damage. Precision does not function with aimed (ambush) or ranged attacks.

Gan
04-05-2005, 11:06 AM
As an OHE using rogue I've experimented with daggers (and have a locker full as a result) but was disappointed with the eye crits or lack there of. Yes he's fully trained in ambush as well as hiding... etc. I just didnt like to have to strike repeatedly in order to get the kill. Especially when I compared the results to ambushing with a falchion or a waraxe. My biggest complaint was that if I couldnt kill in one shot that left me more exposed to getting hit.

Xcalibur
04-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Just test some weapons and take the one that puncture the most.

I'm guessing daggers and short swords must puncture a lot, still.

StrayRogue
04-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Pwned.

Xcalibur
04-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Totally, use heavier weapon, daggers should be used only against robe/light leathers

StrayRogue
04-05-2005, 11:13 AM
As my initial post said, daggers are probably best suited to ambushing. Better than short swords because they do not do crush crits, are +2 seconds faster and easier to aim.

However, PB had a good point. Flares can be useful for the extra umpth in combat, though when you're accuracy is high you can pretty much rely on death crits constantly without worrying about doing lots of damage. If thats a problem switch out to a falchion or axe.

Oh, and puncture is not the only crit that kills on an 8-9 to the eyes. Each crit type does it.

AnticorRifling
04-05-2005, 12:32 PM
I just use a handaxe to the head.

Parkbandit
04-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Falgrin always used a giant cleaver... if he missed the head or eye.. he would normally hit something else that cause a great deal of pain.

If I were still playing and was rolling up a new character.. I would go with duel wielding edged weapons and use two small weapons that had something in them.. be it crits or flares.

SnatchWrangler
04-05-2005, 01:07 PM
I swore by my longswords in OTF and the Rift. I wanted to use daggers, but never found a good one. Not sure if that has changed in the 6 months or so since I've basically quit GS, but I know it was ridiculously impossible to find one then. (And I doubt there's been an influx of them since).

I think died twice due to hunting, in all of 2004 until I stopped playing in September. Once was from an invasion in the Rift node (thanks Stealth ;) ). Other time was standing around trying to help a corpse and got blasted by a taint in the aqueduct. Izthir, Griffens, and Contructs never got me amazingly enough.

I was using a +21 blessable longsword in OTF, and a x7 lightning critted longsword for the Rift. I'd use ebladed rapiers and daggers when I was only in the aqueduct.

StrayRogue
04-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Why use a blessable longsword in OTF and a none-blessable in the Rift if I might ask?

Trinitis
04-05-2005, 01:19 PM
My rogue is trained in three styles of combat -

Two Daggers.

Dagger and Board.

Throwing (Daggers)

I'm having a blast with him. :)

SnatchWrangler
04-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Why use a blessable longsword in OTF and a none-blessable in the Rift if I might ask?

Blessable was for the lich qynarj that came out at night. Great loot, easy kills, rarely hunted. And I wouldn't need to switch weapons when I'd hunt gremlocks, lesser constructs, or Ithzir either.

The only undead I really hunted much in the rift was n'ecare, which the longsword worked fine for.

The others there are/were puncture-proof, next to impossible to hide against, and you couldn't sweep or ewave them, so I just avoided them. The x7 longsword was enough for me to make contact with the Vvrael, and their robe/leather armor made for easier crits.

I also didn't want to lose the x7 longsword in OTF, so I mainly used ebladed weapons there except for the longsword.

Stealth
04-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Weird my post seemed to barf...

Anyway...

Rank 4 puncture crits kill to the eyes. Rank 6 to the head and neck.

Stealth

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Only reinforces how nice a rapier or dagger can be with ambush now.

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 09:48 AM
What is the DF of daggers and rapier against hard leather, chain and plate?

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Rapier is better than a short sword against anything except full plate.
The dagger has the lowest DF of any OHE. Which is irrelevant considering the low damage needed to get a rank 4 crit.

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 09:56 AM
What is the DF of daggers and rapier against hard leather, chain and plate?

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 09:59 AM
You play GS, its easy to find out. Oh heres a reminder, you can't ambush/aim with Precision running.

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:16 AM
You play GS, its easy to find out. Oh heres a reminder, you can't ambush/aim with Precision running.

I will remember this kind of answer.

Rapier is better than a short sword against anything except full plate.
The dagger has the lowest DF of any OHE. Which is irrelevant considering the low damage needed to get a rank 4 crit.

:duh:

Dagger

So against someone having a plate armor, for every 100 endroll you do a 4 damage.

Since you need 11 damage to do a rank 1, then 22 to do a rank 2, 33 rank 3, 44 rank 4, 55 rank 5, 66 rank 6, 77 rank 7, 88 rank 8 and 99 rank 9... you need an endroll of:

rank 1 crit: 275
rank 2 crit: 550
rank 3 crit: 825
rank 4 crit: 1100

To have 100% rate of success to kill someone on an eye, you need a rank 8 which require a 2200 endroll

So the lowest rank 4 crit to kill someone on his eye, you need an endroll of 1100.

For chain now: DF 0,08, chain got a 9 hitpoint for every crit

rank 1 112,5 (113)
rank 2 225
rank 3 337,5 (338)
rank 4 450

Easier, but 450 is the BARE minimum to kill someone on chain and we didn't take the randomize factor, that level 4 can be a level 3 or level 2.

To have 100% rate of success to kill someone on an eye, you need a rank 8 which require a 900 endroll

For hard leathers:

every 7, df of ,10

rank 1 70 endroll
rank 2 140 endroll
rank 3 210 endroll
rank 4 280 endroll

Yeah, for an automatic death it's a 560 endroll..

Rapier now:

Rapier

So I won'T calculate as rapier ARE WEAKER than dagger against hard leathers, chain mail and plate.

Here goes his speculated proofs again...

[Edited on 6-4-05 by Xcalibur]

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Your DF's are wrong. And I'd like you to name me 5 critters that wear full plate armor.

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh shut up, even if the dagger has a difference as big as ,025 for all armors, it still PLAIN sux.

Dagger sux and you are terribly pwned, speculator.

[Edited on 6-4-05 by Xcalibur]

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:29 AM
The problem is dumbass, I'm not speculating. I have the numbers in front of me. Your's are wrong. Plus I'm also in touch with a great many rogues. Ask on the boards about ambushing. AND considering katar's have the same speed and better DFs across the board, your little "Use short swords" argument means shit. Shortswords have NEVER been the optimum or premium ambush weapons. Not in GS3 and not in GS4.

You still haven't even named me ONE critter that wears plate. Get a clue.

04-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Don't reivers wear plate?

- Arkans

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:32 AM
katar = 2 skills to wield it.

short sword = 1

speculatoring you

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:32 AM
Yep. Theres one more that I can think of as well. I'd like X in his all knowing wisdom to fill us in on these mythical plate wearing monsters.

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:33 AM

short sword = 1

speculatoring you

And you'd be suprised how many rogues use them. But then you don't know the meaning of the word speculation.

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:34 AM
against hard leathers, dagger sux

against chain, they sux too

That leaves what? 15% of monsters after 40 train?

04-06-2005, 10:34 AM
I think maybe harbringers. Honestly though, if you're basing your hunting around two critters than you are a bit more than mildely retarded.

- Arkans

Nakiro
04-06-2005, 10:35 AM
X you're also not including the crit modifier given for ambushing. That'll push it up 2 ranks for someone well trained in ambush.

Xcalibur

short sword = 1

speculatoring you

And you'd be suprised how many rogues use them. But then you don't know the meaning of the word speculation.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMY!!!!!!!! Xcalibur does it again, please tell me what to say!!!!!

You were defeated, accept it, you lost.

StrayRogue
Originally posted by Arkans
I think maybe harbringers. Honestly though, if you're basing your hunting around two critters than you are a bit more than mildely retarded.

- Arkans

We have a winner!

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Nakiro
X you're also not including the crit modifier given for ambushing. That'll push it up 2 ranks for someone well trained in ambush.

Pwned again.

Xcalibur
no such things, it remove ds...

so even if it removes xx%, you still need Y endroll to kill it now.

Gan
I can only think of a few myself...

jantalarians when they were in solhaven
burly reivers (which are now something else) in Lein Buehn (landing)
and I thought spectral warriors but I'm not sure since its been ages since I have seen one.

Anything else will be wearing lesser armor and to a degree lesser armor within a specific armor class therefore a rank crit to the eye will have a greater degree of success (generally speaking because I do not have the literature in front of me to do a line by line calculation and dont want to spend the time arguing that fine line).

I also had inside information that a GM, once upon a time, was doing heavy research with dagger based weapons and ambushing, and that research would affect future training and weapon use/selection of the ambushing rogue... but that was a few years back and I've lost contact with that endeavor.

With that said, I keep daggers on me at all times but my primary ambushing weapon is a waraxe. And... I've still got a small inventory of daggers that are on my project list to enchant as well as flare based ones just in case there is a revival of daggers in the art of roguery.

Stunseed
Arkans wins. Those were two I was thinking of, as well.

Also, Evelith is a katar using ambushing rogue. She is very impressive at it.

Nakiro
04-06-2005, 10:37 AM
against hard leathers, dagger sux

against chain, they sux too

That leaves what? 15% of monsters after 40 train?

Most mobs post 40 wear light(er) armors.

Skull temple is full of light armored mobs. P1, P2, and P5 all light armored mobs in them. Aquaduct is filled with them. Casting Ithzir all wear light armor. Griffins wear studded leather I think.

Not sure on anything over 50. Mostly only see heavily armored mobs in invasions.

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:37 AM

Wrong, ambushing still add's crit ranks.

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:38 AM
You'd be doing specific hunting then... which is good but the pleasure of having a rogue is to be polyvalent, no?

Nakiro
04-06-2005, 10:38 AM

It does both.

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:39 AM
You'd be doing specific hunting then... which is good but the pleasure of having a rogue is to be polyvalent, no?

Poly what?

If a rogue wants to hunt things in plate, he can pull out a handaxe.

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Tip: Ambushing from hiding will reduce or possibly completely negate the increase in defenses that a target gains from stance. The "stance reduction" is based on a comparison of the attacker's Ambushing ranks to the target's level. For example, if an ambusher leaps out and attacks an opponent that is in STANCE DEFENSIVE, the opponent's defenses will be downgraded, possibly even treating the opponent as if he were in STANCE OFFENSIVE, due to the surprising nature of ambushing from hiding.

Guess I will stop readin the official board's main information...

StrayRogue
Perhaps you should read the details on the boards then. Ambushing adds critical ranks too, retard.

Specific hunting? Christ, arguing with you is like arguing with a 3 year old with down syndrome. Then again, maybe to you pseudo French bastards specific hunting is EVERYTHING EXCEPT TWO MONSTERS!

- Arkans

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:41 AM

Poly what?

dagger against soft leather and robe = ok

rest = not ok

the debate is daggers, not handaxes, by the way.

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Just to add, the main change made to ambushing besides the pushdown was the CRIT RANDOMIZATION. Hence why they fluctuate.

If ambushing yields NO crit weighting, how come you can kill someone with a greatsword on a 111 endroll?

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Specific hunting? Christ, arguing with you is like arguing with a 3 year old with down syndrome. Then again, maybe to you pseudo French bastards specific hunting is EVERYTHING EXCEPT TWO MONSTERS!

- Arkans

HUHHHHHHHHHHHH?

% of critters having soft armors after level 50?

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Just to add, the main change made to ambushing besides the pushdown was the CRIT RANDOMIZATION. Hence why they fluctuate.

If ambushing yields NO crit weighting, how come you can kill someone with a greatsword on a 111 endroll?

as vs ds please with armor and weapon's extra

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:43 AM

Poly what?

dagger against soft leather and robe = ok

rest = not ok

the debate is daggers, not handaxes, by the way.

The argument, you fucking cretin, is whether or not daggers are a viable form of combat. Which, as its just been proven by NUMEROUS sources, that it can. Should the person ever go up against one of the TWO plate wearing monsters, they can adapt and use another weapon, or switch to another critter.

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:44 AM

- Arkans

HUHHHHHHHHHHHH?

% of critters having soft armors after level 50?

Most do, yes.

Nakiro
Daggers are viable hunting weapons. That answers the question posed.

No one cares what you think or the fact that you can't just state your opinion without repetitively declaring that you are correct.

Xcalibur
chain and hard leathers too, as I proved.

04-06-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm done arguing. I'd rather not lose more points of IQ. This is ridiculous. I'm just praying he's being thick on purpose.

- Arkans

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:45 AM

You don't need to know the AS vs DS. The endroll was 111. Greatsword vs robes, no crit weighting. Explain this if there is no such thing as Ambush crit weighting.

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:46 AM

Name 5 critters post 50 that wear chain to plate armors.

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Daggers are viable hunting weapons. That answers the question posed.

No one cares what you think or the fact that you can't just state your opinion without repetitively declaring that you are correct.

Fist is too, if you select your critters.

Straycat seems to forget some of his previous posts, yet again.

Daggers are good against no armor or light armors, that's about it.

And later on, low armors = casting critters = ouch for a rogue caught on the open

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:47 AM

You don't need to know the AS vs DS. The endroll was 111. Greatsword vs robes, no crit weighting. Explain this if there is no such thing as Ambush crit weighting.
I need to know the as and ds

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:47 AM

Name 5 critters post 50 that wear chain to plate armors.

and hard leathers

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 10:48 AM
I'm done arguing. I'd rather not lose more points of IQ. This is ridiculous. I'm just praying he's being thick on purpose.

- Arkans

show me where I am wrong.

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Nope, just chain and plate. Name five.

As for the AS vs DS thing, you do not need to know it, as they are incidental if the endroll is 111. It could be 969 versus 1000, the result would still be the same.

[Edited on 6-4-05 by StrayRogue]

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 10:51 AM

- Arkans

show me where I am wrong.

You were wrong about:
The daggers DFs.
The damage type of a short sword.
There being more than five critters unhuntable with a dagger due to armor post 50.
About CMAN precision being aimable.
About the ambushing crit adder.

04-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Owned

- Arkans

Gan
04-06-2005, 10:57 AM
And all 6 of those landed in the 10 ring... Remind me not to debate anything with you half informed Stray...

Hulkein
04-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Stray knows his Gemstone. He's great to ask for advice.

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't say I know as much as some. Nakiro pwns me. Bob is the math God as well. I would admit I know more than a freaky Frenchmen who claim never to have played, though.

SnatchWrangler
04-06-2005, 11:01 AM

- Arkans

We have a winner!

Greater Constructs. And I thought Harbs wore hauberk...but it's been a while.

[Edited on 4-6-2005 by SnatchWrangler]

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Harbs can spawn in either I believe. I'll have to ask Porcell how he deals with Constructs as a bow user, though I think he just ignores them.

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 11:05 AM
>ambush pr neck
You leap from hiding to attack!
You swing a twisted silver longsword at an Arachne priestess!
AS: +128 vs DS: +83 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +27 = +113
... and hit for 21 points of damage!
Neck broken.
The Arachne priestess twitches several times before dying.
The Arachne priestess exhales a final curse and dies.
The opalescent aura fades from around an Arachne priestess.
The deep blue glow leaves an Arachne priestess.
A white glow rushes away from an Arachne priestess.
The brilliant aura fades away from an Arachne priestess.
An Arachne priestess seems slightly different.
A golden aura fades from an Arachne priestess.
An Arachne priestess seems hesitant.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

You swing a twisted silver longsword at an Arachne priestess!
AS: +115 vs DS: +71 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +26 = +111
... and hit for 35 points of damage!
Gruesome slash opens the Arachne priestess's forehead!
Grey matter spills forth!
The Arachne priestess exhales a final curse and dies.
The opalescent aura fades from around an Arachne priestess.
The deep blue glow leaves an Arachne priestess.
A white glow rushes away from an Arachne priestess.
The brilliant aura fades away from an Arachne priestess.
An Arachne priestess seems slightly different.
A subtle light fades from 's eyes.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

That longsword wasn't weighted. Pulled from the boards.

Gan
04-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Doppelganger also is a bow using rogue that hunts OTF. I've not seen him fire at Constructs when I've passed through his area though.

I've seen a bow using wizard use a combination of arrows and voln fu against constructs pretty effectively... but thats not within the realm of this topic.

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 11:07 AM
4/6 I admit being wrong.

3/6 if you consider that I never said precision can be used with ambushing.

My point was: dagger sux against hard leathers, chain mail and plates. And I still think that. You never saw me saying dagger sux against soft or no armor because it would be stupid to pretend the contrary.

Wether there is 5% or 95% of monsters like that is not important.

What is, if you need to hunt monsters that wear soft armors, you expose yourself to more specific conditions such as spell casting monsters and so on.

SnatchWrangler
04-06-2005, 11:08 AM
And later on, low armors = casting critters = ouch for a rogue caught on the open

I stated I died once in over the majority of 2004 outside of invasion critters.

80% of the things I hunted were casters (Vvrael witches, warlocks, csets, Ithzir, and basically everything in the aqueduct minus gremlocks.)

You're just plain wrong.

(Also, if I thought hard enough I could probably come up with 5+ critters in chain or higher post 50, but still...I could crit Ithzir that wore hauberk with a rapier to the eye with pretty decent consistency.)

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 11:09 AM
As my initial post said, daggers are probably best suited to ambushing. Better than short swords because they do not do crush crits, are +2 seconds faster and easier to aim.

Straycat's original posts. Nowhere you see him saying they are best/good against soft armors.

My point: Daggers are great against soft armor.

That's about it.

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 11:09 AM
4/6 I admit being wrong.

I listed five things.

Xcalibur
04-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Oh, I was using Ganalon's pointing.

SnatchWrangler
04-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Harbs can spawn in either I believe. I'll have to ask Porcell how he deals with Constructs as a bow user, though I think he just ignores them.

I'm 99% sure Greater Constructs are in Full Plate...lesser Contructs aren't. They were quite the bitch to crit with a longsword (I'd usually pull out an ebladed falchion or handaxe for them...and it was still tough being a few trains under them.)

AnticorRifling
04-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Here's a shortsword:

You swing an opaque shark etched rolaren wakizashi at an Ithzir janissary!
AS: +470 vs DS: +264 with AvD: +13 + d100 roll: +10 = +229
... and hit for 36 points of damage!
Attack punctures the eye and connects with something really vital!
The Ithzir janissary falls to the ground in a crumpled heap.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

And dagger shots:

You swing a gold-hilted silver-tipped dagger at an Ithzir janissary!
AS: +470 vs DS: +170 with AvD: -2 + d100 roll: +55 = +353
... and hit for 62 points of damage!
Shot destroys eye and the brain behind it!
The Ithzir janissary falls to the ground in a crumpled heap.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

You swing a gold-hilted silver-tipped dagger at an Ithzir adept!
AS: +470 vs DS: +347 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +43 = +188
... and hit for 38 points of damage!
Shot knocks the Ithzir adept's head back by pushing on the inside of the skull!
The Ithzir adept vainly struggles to rise, then goes still.
The Ithzir adept no longer bristles with energy.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding an Ithzir adept suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves an Ithzir adept.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around an Ithzir adept.
An Ithzir adept becomes solid again.
The silvery luminescence fades from around an Ithzir adept.

You swing a gold-hilted silver-tipped dagger at an Ithzir herald!
AS: +470 vs DS: +364 with AvD: +11 + d100 roll: +93 = +210
... and hit for 61 points of damage!
Blast to the Ithzir herald's head destroys right eye!
Brain obliterated!
Disgusting, but painful only for a second.
The Ithzir herald clutches at his wounds as he falls, the life fading from his eyes.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves an Ithzir herald.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around an Ithzir herald.
The silvery luminescence fades from around an Ithzir herald.

It's very doable problem is when you miss it sucks because you do shit for damage where as with a handaxe if I miss my target and hit the chest or whatever I will usually stun them.

AnticorRifling
04-06-2005, 02:24 PM
And yeah greater constructs get a handaxe to the left leg then to the grape. No other way for me to do them.

AnticorRifling
04-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Those dagger shots are on AsG 16, AsG 6, and AsG 11 and the short sword is on AsG 16 as well.

SnatchWrangler
04-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
And yeah greater constructs get a handaxe to the left leg then to the grape. No other way for me to do them.

I ewaved (in hauberk). Good times.

Reminiscing in this thread is making me almost want to play when I get home from work...too bad I'd have to waste 30 minutes scripting back to EN.

Edaarin
04-06-2005, 06:58 PM
I don't remember his AS being that high with a 4x...

AnticorRifling
04-07-2005, 02:26 PM
That's low it's normally 480 with a handaxe. And he's like < 20k til lvl 89 w00t.

StrayRogue
04-07-2005, 02:32 PM
Yeah Anticor. Perhaps the only redeeming feature of a failed dagger ambush is that you're not in any uber RT (although every second does count in OTF).

Edaarin
04-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Why the heck do you kill greater constructs....

Dwarven Empath
04-07-2005, 02:45 PM
He kills them cuz my empath cant

AnticorRifling
04-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Because of what Celember said and I like killing them because most people skip them. It's generally only 2 or 3 swings.

AnticorRifling
04-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Hell a few more magic ranks and I'm rockin a haste imbed then it's go time.

OnexShipshafter
04-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah I've seen some of those swings firsthand. He's a beast now......too bad he cant remember where he keeps his weapons half the time. How many times have you run to the pawnshop cause you nedded something to go hunt?