PDA

View Full Version : How many threads will you lock because of X?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-04-2005, 09:02 PM
So... how many threads will you lock as a result of the idiot?

Sean
04-04-2005, 09:03 PM
It would entirely depend on how many threads get derailed and degrade to personal attacks I suppose.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-04-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm just playing the game. He does it in every single thread he posts in . I'll play tag with him going forward :)

SpunGirl
04-04-2005, 09:22 PM
I think it's safe to say we've seen more threads locked because of X in the last three days than anyone else I remember in a single (or even multiple) incarnations on the PC.

When you kill the source of the problem, you kill the problem. Consider.

-K

TheRoseLady
04-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Today was the first time that I have actually cringed at the thought of coming here to wade through the bullshit. The disarray that has resulted from X's indisciminate thread creation and pursuant pissing matches that he's been getting into with all sorts of folks does not bode well. He needs to be seriously reined in and have a padlock put on his mouth for awhile until he stops acting out.

4a6c1
04-04-2005, 09:40 PM
I could have 500 20 minute broken condom relationships ( = 500 babies) in the time it would take X to learn good enough English and realize we are insulting him (and then go away).

Sadly, its bothering the people more who actually know what is being posted. :sniffle:

Hulkein
04-04-2005, 10:06 PM
He did say he'd stop creating threads as a result of the poll.

SpunGirl
04-04-2005, 10:19 PM
The question, Hulkien, is how long that will last. If it's like any of his other pronouncements on how he will behave or what he will/will not do, my guess is not long. Next time he decides to stir some shit for whatever reason, it'll be something else equally as annoying.

-K

FinisWolf
04-05-2005, 02:48 AM
Ok, all the monitors really need to ...

:blndwhip:

... crack the whip. Multiple thread that I was getting information out of were closed thanks to him, and I am really sorry to say, Stay. Stay you are a great guy, but fuck man, let it and him go. I stay pretty much in the GS folders, so if this is affecting others I feel for you!

Finiswolf

Sean
04-05-2005, 02:56 AM
Okay I'll bite ... what threads that you found informative and based on gemstone were closed recently 'thanks to him.'?

[Edited on 4-5-2005 by Tijay]

FinisWolf
04-05-2005, 03:00 AM
One was the wizard that was for sale that Harm closed, then I got her to re-open. They were discussing stats and skills, and level placements for enchanting.

Finiswolf

Drew
04-05-2005, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by JihnasSpirit
in the time it would take X to learn good enough English

"In the time it would take X to learn to speak English well"

"Good enough English" is improper!

:lol:

Sorry, these threads are so pointless that I can be pedantic.

FinisWolf
04-05-2005, 04:46 AM
I answered your question Tijay..., so why did you wish to know, was there a reason to the question? Something that may lead to something that might make myself and others just tickled pink.

Finiswolf

Sean
04-05-2005, 04:51 AM
The point being .. curiousity. Having access to the threads closed/deleted I couldn't find a single informative thread unless you consider jabs at warclaidhm/stray/shn to be informative. And your claim of multiple threads seemed well rather bunk and exaggerated. So far you've claimed 1 thread which was reopened upon examination which still leads to me wonder where the multiple highly informative threads are.

Basically at first I was concerned that it might be a reality that informative threads were being shut down. So I became curious. Looked into a bit. Couldn't find anything that was still informative at it's time of closing. And figured I'd ask.

[Edited on 4-5-2005 by Tijay]

FinisWolf
04-05-2005, 05:23 AM
So basically, only things YOU consider informative are informative. Got it. I only gave one example, because thats all I felt I should have to give. And even then, I didn't have to. And I certainly did not do it to get your pompous attitude, and how threads are not informative. Thanks again. Maybe YOU should work for SIMU. I am sure the two of you would get along great.

Finiswolf

Sean
04-05-2005, 05:44 AM
You want MOD's to 'crack the whip' but yet you don't like us making judgment calls on informative VS non informative? Its part of our job as MODs to make that judgment call, and we do our best to assess the situations on an individual basis. That being said are non informative junk threads allowed? Sure. But not when they devolve to flaming or spiral beyond the point of returning them to ontopicness then that’s when threads get closed. On occasion do threads get closed that should be reopened? Sure, MODs aren't infallible and we take responsibility for our actions. If were wrong I’ve never seen an instance where a thread wasn’t reopened.

As for the rest of your post, your right you didn't have to answer me. But if you want us to improve our ability to serve you well then not answering doesn't really help you any either. If threads that were informative at the time they were closed were still closed and could be revived then we would have an issue and one that would require us as MODs to reevaluate our actions. I gave you the opportunity to supply me with some possibilities for informative threads that were closed and received basically zilch. To me, that’s a good thing. If that comes across as pompous or condescending well I’m sorry but I really do think it’s a good thing if that complaint is one I personally would deem unwarranted because it means we are still on track.

To everyone else, I understand your frustration with a lot of the junk threads lately and trust me I don’t want to read them anymore than you do. But as MODs we are doing the best we can whether it is closing threads, reminding people to try and remain on topic, deleting posts, etc. And yes I know its your right as board members to speak your mind and express how you feel the board would best be served. But I’m not really sure at this point what you want short of banning X. If we close threads were at fault, if we let him run amuck were at fault it’s rather catch 22. That’s all part of the job and we know we can’t please everyone but I don’t think it’s unfair of me to ask that you bear with us and try and work with us rather than against us.

PS: Of course I get along well with SIMU if I didn’t; I wouldn't pay for their product.

theotherjohn
04-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
So... how many threads will you lock as a result of the idiot?

he needs to continue hunting instead of stopping hunting and posting here.

xtc
04-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Here is a thought, don't repsond to the threads, ignore him. I have been guilty of responding to his threads. If we collectively ignore him, until he starts acting like a human again, it should help to improve his behaviour.

Gan
04-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Considering the lack of posts lately, I think the message has been received.