PDA

View Full Version : Wavedancer: Sand Elemental (huge freaking spoilers)

Kitsun
04-04-2005, 04:50 PM
I don't know if anyone even cares but since there's already someone asking for one on the boards I figure it might be worthwhile to list the stuff I've found.

Small sand elemental

The Elemental: a small sand elemental swirled with streaks of incarnadine sand
Show:
The elemental is a miniature swirling storm of multi-hued sand, its millions of sparkling granules constantly shifting and spiraling in ever-renewed patterns of ethereal brilliance. Its surface melds and constantly reforms in undulating ripples, while each granule appears to shift through the myriad hues of light and dark in a heartbeat.
The Case: a pale crystal shard

Fun verbs:
Pet
Sniff
Tickle
Turn
Exhale
Toss
Pull
Touch
Roll
Pinch
Poke

Feeding:
Feed elemental – sapphires or smooth stones seem to work
When it shapeshifts

Discipline:
Pour liquid on elemental if it does the following…
Flaying your hand
Causing localized quakes
Runs back to its shard when not put inside
Bashing at you relentlessly

Training:
Stare – On and Off
Nudge – Make it turn into your desired form
Raise – Set desired form
Rub
Tap – different timer than nudge/raise
Push – Different timer.

Fun Verbs Extended:

>pet ele
You brush your hand over the sand elemental, its fluid-grainy surface flows against your hand like serpentine scales as it parts like a cascade of water.
>sniff ele
You sniff the elemental, and then suddenly sneeze violently!

The sand elemental suddenly explodes in a huge puff of sand and twinkles down in a sparkling rain before it swirls into a tight, amorphous ball in your hand once more.
>tickle ele
You writhe your fingers through the sandy surface of the sand elemental and it suddenly explodes upwards in a brilliant cloud of multi-hued sand and then rains back down into your hand.
>turn ele
You turn your sand elemental about, and it responds by spinning about in a whirling, frenzied cyclone of black sand.

exhale ele
You let out a deep breath upon the sand elemental, and it swirls outwards, following the path of air and then taking flight, spiraling about the area with little thought or care to where it drifts.
The sand elemental shimmers briefly and swirls back into your hand.

>toss ele
You toss your sand elemental about, and it stretches into a springy coil of sand, bouncing back and forth between your hands as it shimmers with varying tones.

>pull ele
You sink your hand into the nearly aqueous sands of the elemental and pull a small handful out, letting the silky, shifting sand sift through your fingers to fall back toward the main mass of the sand elemental.

>touch ele
You brush your hand over the sand elemental, its fluid-grainy surface flows against your hand like serpentine scales as it parts like a cascade of water.

>roll ele
You roll your sand elemental about, and the elemental assents to your actions, allowing you to roll it into a tight ball of sand after a bit.
Suddenly, the sand elemental ripples outward and explodes in exuberance, its sandy tendrils flailing about playfully.

>poke ele
You poke your sand elemental and it ripples slightly, extending several writhing tendrils from itself and undulates in a slow, mesmerizing dance.

Training:
You nudge your sand elemental a bit, trying to coax it into changing its shape.
The sand elemental nudges your finger back with a sandy extension of itself.

XXXX raises his sand elemental up a bit in his hand.
The sand elemental shifts and wavers briefly, then explodes in a burst of brilliant hues, and then reforms, apparently freezing its current form for a moment.

>rais ele
You raise your sand elemental up a bit in your hand.
The sand elemental shifts and wavers briefly, then explodes in a burst of brilliant hues, and then reforms, apparently freezing its current form for a moment.

You crook your fingers and pinch the elemental, grabbing a few bits of sand from its swirling interior.
The sand elemental suddenly whips about in a tight spiral, extending a tendril of sand that swiftly snatches back the tiny bits of sand between your fingers!

You move your fingers to give your sand elemental a little tap on its amorphous form.
The sand elemental whirls about in a tight cyclone to avoid your finger, then settles down and narrows itself in annoyance.

You move your hand to give your sand elemental a little push.
The sand elemental forms a concave cavity within its body, and your finger simply passes right through it without ever touching it.

You have not indicated what your favorite form of the sand elemental is. Perhaps you should do that before commanding it to take said form.

>stare my ele
You stare at your sand elemental briefly, and it ripples and flattens out into a perfectly smooth plane, then undulates to form a mirrored version of your face, mimicking your every movement flawlessly. Its eyes close slowly, and its overall hue seems to become a bit duller and its movements more sluggish as it dissipates and reforms into an amorphous ball once more.
Roundtime: 10 secs.
>stare my ele
You stare at your sand elemental briefly, and it ripples and flattens out into a perfectly smooth plane, then undulates to form a mirrored version of your face, mimicking your every movement flawlessly. Its closed eyes suddenly open slowly, and faint swaths of color roll across its surface as it dissolves and then reforms into an amorphous, rippling ball once more.
Roundtime: 10 secs.
Feeding:
>feed ele
You extend the sapphire towards your sand elemental.

The sand elemental opens its form up into a wide funnel, its interior swirling and alighting with faint, tiny orbs of bright flame, and you drop the sapphire into the spinning cyclone, which is immediately ground up into tiny motes of sparkling dusty particles and incorporated into its being. The elemental then reforms into an amorphous, shifting orb, glittering happily with its new meal.

The sand elemental opens its form up into a wide funnel, its interior swirling and alighting with faint, tiny orbs of bright flame, and you drop the sapphire into the spinning cyclone, which is immediately ground up into tiny motes of sparkling dusty particles and incorporated into its being. The elemental then reforms into an amorphous, shifting orb, glittering happily with its new meal.
You get the feeling your sand elemental has learned to morph a bit better due to your encouragement.

Discipline:
You pour the clear-hued liquid from your water onto the swirling surface of your sand elemental, causing it bristle and spike up irritably!
You get the feeling your sand elemental has learned not to misbehave as much due to your discipline.
That was the last drop.
You set the water aside.

You pour your whiskey onto the swirling surface of your sand elemental, causing it bristle and spike up irritably!
You get the feeling your sand elemental has learned not to curl up and hide as much due to your discipline.

Your sand elemental suddenly explodes with waves of blurry energy, causing a very localized quake right in your hand!
You're knocked to the ground!

You pour your whiskey onto the swirling surface of your sand elemental, causing it bristle and spike up irritably!
You get the feeling your sand elemental has learned not to conjure miniature quakes in your hands as much due to your discipline.

Your sand elemental suddenly flares up with angry hues of fiery scarlets and deep blacks, its whirling sands suddenly flaying at your hand with vicious speed!
... 15 points of damage!
Feint to your head!
Quick flick at your weapon hand!
Nasty cut to right hand!
>pour whis on ele
You get the feeling your sand elemental has learned not to flay your hand as much due to your discipline.

Random On Messages:

Your sand elemental suddenly whirls and writhes in a seething vortex, bashing at you relentlessly.

Your sand elemental suddenly explodes outwards, its surface glittering with a multitude of hues as it pulsates with a radiating, fiery glow!
As the glow fades, the elemental appears to have shifted into a small sand elemental!

Your sand elemental changes its hues for a moment, alternating between brilliant crimsons, pale white and deep black in rippling waves.

Your sand elemental suddenly flares up with angry hues of fiery scarlets and deep blacks, its whirling sands suddenly flaying at your hand with vicious speed!
... 30 points of damage!
Rapped your knuckles hard!
Right hand sounds broken.
You are stunned for 3 rounds!

Your sand elemental suddenly explodes outwards, its surface glittering with a multitude of hues as it pulsates with a radiating, fiery glow!
As the glow fades, the elemental appears to have shifted into a small sand elemental overlapped with swirls of varying pure white sand!

As the glow fades, the elemental appears to have shifted into a small sand elemental dotted with highlights of emerald green!

Your sand elemental spirals quickly, its surface rippling with a variety of predominantly dark hues.

As the glow fades, the elemental appears to have shifted into a small sand elemental swept with intertwined spirals of cobalt blue sand!

Your sand elemental sifts about itself, curling into its own formless ripples over and over again.

Your sand elemental swirls about listlessly, its surface sheened with pale granules of jade as it undulates.

As the glow fades, the elemental appears to have shifted into a small sand elemental patterned with alternating waves of dark and inky black hues!
a small sand elemental patterned with alternating waves of dark and inky black hues

Your sand elemental suddenly leaps from your hand and scatters itself thinly in the air, then dives straight into the crystal shard that you're wearing!

As the glow fades, the elemental appears to have shifted into a small sand elemental whorled with circles of incarnadine sand!

RANDOM:

Your sand elemental expands its amorphous form, resembling a swirling cloud of sand.

Your sand elemental writhes about, sending creeping tendrils of dark-hued sand to slither outwards.

Your sand elemental whirls wildly in a spiraling vortex, its surface laced with tiny veins of flame.

Your sand elemental expands and contracts, resembling a beating heart of sand as tiny motes of scarlet light wink into existence around its tiny particles.

Your sand elemental forms itself into a pair of ethereal wings for a moment, fluttering about before returning to normal.

[Edited on 4-27-2005 by Kitsun]

SayGoodbye
04-04-2005, 04:54 PM
You forgot to post that feeding it sapphires or smooth stone encourages your elemental to morph.

Shalla
04-04-2005, 04:57 PM
aww I want one :(

AnticorRifling
04-04-2005, 04:58 PM
I put mine in the well to see if it would fly back to my hand.

FinisWolf
04-04-2005, 05:00 PM
morph?

did it fly back?

Finiswolf

Kitsun
04-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by SayGoodbye
You forgot to post that feeding it sapphires or smooth stone encourages your elemental to morph.

I would have put it if I had known!

What I took down was just from my notes and experiences. I tried to avoid wild speculation or my post would be a billion times longer.

If anyone has any other scripts they found, neat training tricks or whatever. Let me know and I'll tack it on.

SayGoodbye
04-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
As the glow fades, the elemental appears to have shifted into a small sand elemental overlapped with swirls of varying pure white sand!

That's a "morph". When it does that, feed it and it'll learn that morphing is good. When it attacks you, pour liquid on it and it'll learn that chopping off hands is bad. I think when it morphs into something you like, you RAISE your elemental and that "sets" the preferred morph. Then when you've got it trained enough, when you NUDGE your elemental it should transform into the preferred morph.

Kitsun
04-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Oh farking hell, I think I trained mine to sit like a lump.

FinisWolf
04-04-2005, 05:11 PM
:clap:lump on a log:clap:

Alarke
04-05-2005, 01:08 AM
Are those able to be sold or are they attuned only to the owner?

SayGoodbye
04-05-2005, 01:13 AM
They're not attuned.

FinisWolf
04-05-2005, 02:30 AM
:whistle: Nope... Nope... not attuned..., and seemingly very sellable... :whistle:

Finiswolf

Amaron
04-05-2005, 09:21 AM
I haven't had much time to play with mine..

someone got me to try a pearl and it bi my hand off when I tried to feed it.

:(

Have to get more sapphires.

J

Eiderfleur
04-05-2005, 09:46 AM
>nudg ele
You have not indicated what your favorite form of the sand elemental is. Perhaps you should do that before commanding it to take said form.

Le crie!
My elemental doesn't do anything! It sucks!

Latrinsorm
04-05-2005, 12:36 PM
I wonder what oodles big shape Eiderfleur wants hers to take. :whistle:

The Korean
04-05-2005, 12:44 PM
I have to have one now.....someone sell me one.

Eiderfleur
04-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Feh! George does NOT look like a penis! (Even if he is named after my rl fiance (then again all of Eider's little friends are named George)).

Xcalibur
04-05-2005, 07:40 PM
How much does those cost?

Amaron
04-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Eiderfleur

Feh! George does NOT look like a penis! (Even if he is named after my rl fiance (then again all of Eider's little friends are named George)).

I think she is protesting too much

J

Fission
04-08-2005, 03:03 PM
I wonder what oodles big shape Eiderfleur wants hers to take.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other words, she just hasn't figured out how yet.

:grin:

allen
04-18-2005, 08:09 PM
I was told one sold for 10m

allen
04-18-2005, 08:10 PM
Forgot to post that I also sold one sold for 2m, but I can assure the price will be much more than 2m over the next few months. Woman got their kittens, we got our elementals, let's have a duel of the sexes' pets!

Kitsun
04-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Huge update with examples of learning messages and assorted random messaging.

I'll try to make it easier to read when I feel motivated but even my word copy is a mess.

Skirmisher
04-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Jesus thats a lot of messaging.

Kitsun
04-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Tip of the iceberg too. Mine still doesn't listen to me well enough to do the cool stuff.

LordBacl
04-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Can irreparable harm be done to these things? What I mean is can they be so badly trained that certain abilities/scripts will be gone forever, or can they die if you don't feed them?

Kitsun
04-29-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm not sure anyone has owned one or tried to do that yet. They don't seem to require the sapphires to stay alive, I've gone a week or so without feeding it and it seems fine, I'm sure other people have neglected it more.

From what I've seen you CAN train them in the wrong direction. Saw someone teach theirs to curl up and hide more often. I somehow don't think it would be completely destroyed but it'll take a lot longer to work it up to what you want it at.

Razorfish
05-03-2005, 05:27 AM
do ya have to use either whisky or water? i'm usin rum and it dont seem to be workin well
but then this is the first time i've had it out for longer than a minute

**edit**
Absinthe seemed to learn it... flay my hand will ya...

[Edited on 5-3-2005 by Razorfish]

Kitsun
05-03-2005, 09:47 AM
Any kind of liquid should work.

I thought maybe the alcohol would calm it down but mine is an angry drunk...

Razorfish
05-04-2005, 01:52 PM
pour some death rum on it... it will have no choice but to calm down... hehe