PDA

View Full Version : Sahra's Bus Company - Beta 5.0 (Global Travel +Solhaven)

sahra
04-08-2005, 11:12 AM
The Beta 5.0 version of the SBC global travel script for StormFront is now online at www.sahracorp.com (and below, though more current code is made available daily at the site).

This new release incorporates 110 destinations in Solhaven proper, plus random improvements to routing, menus and features (and bug-fixes). All these new destinations are reachable from anywhere on the SBC global network with a single command (the trip from the bank at Wehnimer's Landing to Faeilyth's Fashions in south Solhaven was recently clocked at 18 seconds flat).

SBC now provides any-to-any travel among 507 bus-stops across Elanthia, including every named location (that is: every shop, bank, exchange, public building, inn, tavern, guildhall, gathering-place, warren and tourist-trap) in Ta'Illistim, Sylvarraend, Ta'Vaalor, Zul Logoth, Wehnimer's Landing and Solhaven's dense urban core.

Menu- and command-line modes make SBC easy to use. Frequent destinations (e.g., the bank, the pawnshop, the gemshop, etc.) and regional prefixes (e.g., SH = Solhaven, TI = Ta'Illistim, etc.) have been standardized: type .sbc bank<Enter> at any SBC bus-stop, and you'll be taken to the nearest bank. Type .sbc SHbank<Enter> and you'll be taken to the bank of Vornavis in Solhaven ... whether you start right next-door in Solhaven's North Market (.sbc SHnmarket) or across the world in Ta'Vaalor's Victory Court (.sbc TVvc). (If the latter, please remember to bring 2010 silvers, and spell up first!)

Web-integrated Tsoran maps (popped from within StormFront under a javascript map-reader/scaler front-end, so you can actually read them in a browser) and an online destination-index make it even easier to orient yourself when using SBC. Cute features like announcements, automated searches and pre-programmed actions add to the fun.

Full docs, user-group, blog and .txt executable are at www.sahracorp.com

[Edited on 4-8-2005 by sahra]

Bugfix update to downloadable: 10:33 PM EST April 9

[Edited on 4-10-2005 by sahra]

Yet another bugfix update. Found that problem with the ferry and the rope.

[Edited on 4-11-2005 by sahra]

April 22 bugfix: small problem with menus and fixed Solhaven Spiral.

[Edited on 4-22-2005 by sahra]

April 28 bugfix: Ta'Vaalor ferry

[Edited on 4-29-2005 by sahra]

Mini-Spir
04-09-2005, 12:36 AM
This doesn't work..

Using it to go back to the landing it keeps getting on the ferry...

OVER AND OVER again.

sahra
04-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Which ferry? The Locksmehr River one, or the Ta'Vaalor Ferry?

TheRoseLady
04-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Any chance you will be adding Pinefar and the rift?

sahra
04-10-2005, 12:56 AM
You're absolutely right about that ferry problem, Mini-Spir. Darn. Sorry. Same problem cropped up, re. the rope ladder and the shuffle-rope, because I changed the routing method.

Fixed now, I think. I've updated the downloadable at the top and on the site. Sorry again.

sahra
04-10-2005, 01:34 AM
Pinefar is definitely on the roadmap, RoseLady. And I'd like to do Teras, Four Winds and the Rest. But I'm not sure about all the advanced hunting areas. They're scary. Plus -- don't you think hunting areas should really be coded in Merc's 'UMS' style, where every room is a valid starting point?

TheRoseLady
04-10-2005, 09:20 AM
What I want is the trip to get into the rift. It would unnecessary to do the whole area. I will be more than happy to send you a log of the trip from the Pinefar Greatroom all the way through to the cavern. One of the caveats is at the door squares can use a different method to get in, but I honestly don't know off hand exactly what they do. Perhaps I can get that.

Mini-Spir
04-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Also noticed that the script will not start in the Broken Tower in Solhaven, which is a main resting spot.

gsplayer
04-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Wow, some one puts out an amazing script with a metric fuckton of work and time put into it, and not ONE of you thanks them? You're all ungrateful little shits that don't deserve something like this to be handed to you.

Thank you for the script, Sahra.

TheRoseLady
04-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by gsplayer
Wow, some one puts out an amazing script with a metric fuckton of work and time put into it, and not ONE of you thanks them? You're all ungrateful little shits that don't deserve something like this to be handed to you.

Everyone has to have a job in life, and that's your job. What took you so long?

StrayRogue
04-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by gsplayer

If you come here for praise or an ass-rimming, you're in the wrong fucking place. Go back to the Officials.

Myitkyina
04-10-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm excited about the script too, Sahra, and happy to help with Pinefar and the road to the rift.

sahra
04-10-2005, 10:22 PM
RoseLady: I'd be happy to look at the logs (sahra@sahracorp.com). Has Tsoran mapped this route?

Darn ... I _knew_ I should have added that Broken Tower in Solhaven. It's not like my sister doesn't practically live there, after all, right? All fixed (see downloadable above or at www.sahracorp.com) ... it's destination SHBROKEN (Wait a second ... "broken?" "fixed?" ... )

You're welcome, gsplayer. (grin) ... Can I add that quote to my homepage? It'll be a nice offset to Bobmuthol's "Yer script sux arse!" ( Well ... but it was one metric fuck'n TON of work! ). Cackle.

Laccon
04-16-2005, 10:49 PM
awesome script, but why is wizard only 1.2! and SF is 5.0!!!!!! I think wizard needs a major update :) <3

sahra
04-20-2005, 03:12 PM
In fact, 5.0 for Wizard (same world-map as the SF version) is almost done. Look for it in a week or so.

Same basic functionality, colorful menus, etc. No direct web integration (but the global map interface page at http://www.sahracorp.com/sbcmap.htm takes care of that). Fewer weird features, because Wiz won't let you parameterize them with persistent variables (unless you use user variables - ugh). And pretty fast, I think.

Myitkyina
04-20-2005, 05:46 PM
that's the best news I've had all week! thanks, Sahra, for allowing me to remain behind in the times.

werd
04-21-2005, 10:53 PM
When I try to get locations for Solhaven in the landing I get locations for Sylvarraend instead

here is a copy and paste of what I saw
>solhaven
!1 CURRENT LOCATION: WLSTORE THREATS: safe
!2 Sahra's Bus Company
!2 Sylvarraend Region - Menu 1
!4 QUICKCLICK: DOCS WEBMENUS SBCBLOG VERSION
!2 Frequent Destinations
!3 SDBANK SDCOMMONS SDFURRIER SDJEWELER SDPAWNSHOP
!2 Gathering Places
!3 SDCOMMONS
!2 Inns
!3 SDFEYSTONE
!2 Shopping
!3 SDCLOTHIER SDFLETCHER SDFURRIER SDGSTORE SDHERBS
!3 SDJEWELER SDPAWNSHOP SDSWEETS SDTAVERN
!2 Hunting
!3 SDORCSWOLD SDWMIST
!2 Intercity Destinations
!3 SDNORTHDOCK
!2 Bleeding? Poisoned? Enter OUCH, HERBS
!2 ENTER NEXT FOR NEXT MENU, GLOBAL FOR GLOBAL DESTINATIONS

Anyone else have this issue?

werd
04-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Here is another:

[Solhaven, Spiral Passageway]
Several steps down from street level, this passageway winds a twisting path that tunnels underneath city buildings. Here, the cobblestones of the roads above are repeated, however they're less weathered and more cumbersome to navigate with sound footing. Oil lamps glow permanently, day and night, due to the subterranean nature of the area. You also see an onyx-flecked grey marble salon, a white quoins-faced store with a bright yellow thatch roof, a gaily painted fishnet-covered shack with a bright yellow thatch roof, a greenish grey granite emporium with a burnished brass onion dome and a plain grey stone building with a brick red curved tile roof.
Obvious paths: southeast

>nmarket
Script error[unknown script command:climb] near line 10668
[script aborted]
Please rephrase that command.

sahra
04-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Thanks, Werd! Fixed that Solhaven/Sylvarraend confusion and the bad uplink from Solhaven Spiral.

Downloadable in the first item in this thread has been updated. Current version is also available on www.sahracorp.com

sahra
04-28-2005, 12:11 AM
500+ locations across Elanthia, instant travel, menus, online adjuncts, blah, blah, blah.

http://www.sahracorp.com

Fallen
11-14-2005, 05:42 PM
I know I am bumping an old thread, but I recently had my computer crash. I had to re-install SF, and I copied over my version of the SBC. Now when I try to use it, the program just sets the Room Description ON and hangs. It never goes to the desired location.

Anyone know how to fix this?

FinisWolf
11-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Chat with Sahra, she is really cool, even gave me credit for the landing to mule ice spots in her script. I am sure she can help you out.

Finis

Fallen
11-14-2005, 11:45 PM
It seems no thread with a matchwait or whatever works for SF anymore. Whenever a script tries to grab the name of a room to run, it doesn't work.

Is there some setting you have to change for scripts to work properly with SF, besides importing them?

FinisWolf
11-15-2005, 12:43 AM
Not that I am aware. I am having no problems with her script (just tested it), so not sure whats happening to you. Sorry.

Finis