PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS??

Drew2
04-04-2005, 01:35 AM
AND WHY HASN'T SHE BEEN KILLED ON SIGHT BY EVERYONE??

Moondia begins an incantation, her hands weaving a complicated spell in the air. Intent on her spellcasting, she fails to notice as her fingers tangle in her tresses until sparks and motes of light shoot away from her fingers, spinning in midair. She tugs frantically at her hair, freeing her fingers, and finally succeeds in preparing the spell.
>
Moondia gestures.
Moondia's back looks better.

Gan
04-04-2005, 01:40 AM
the antichrist did it... and he's doing more on the 2nd run of the cruise... officially first class, but the other classes can sell their souls and he'll sneak down and make them just as retarded.

Artha
04-04-2005, 01:41 AM
She had that way before the WaveDancer.

Hips
04-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Michiko's miniature has a script like that when it misses...

Does it happen every time she casts a spell from that circle? I would imagine it gets annoying.

Sean of the Thread
04-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Wow that is crap.

Stunseed
04-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Only when she casts an empath spell.

Drew2
04-04-2005, 01:52 AM
So basically every 3 seconds when she's sitting here healing in TSC.

How old is she? I'll end this real quick.

FinisWolf
04-04-2005, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Ganalon
the antichrist did it... and he's doing more on the 2nd run of the cruise... officially first class, but the other classes can sell their souls and he'll sneak down and make them just as retarded.

Thats not what is being done for empaths on the cruise.

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
04-04-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
So basically every 3 seconds when she's sitting here healing in TSC.

How old is she? I'll end this real quick.

Who cares? Either do it, or don't, but be sure to show us your log...

Finiswolf

Shari
04-04-2005, 03:03 AM
Okay, in her defense, I've found her to be a good roleplayer.

HOWEVER, I think she should have had the prep phrase be used on one of the spell circles she used less often than her empath one, which she'll be using CON-STANT-LY.

Its cute, but not something I'd want to see every 3 seconds in TSC.

StrayRogue
04-04-2005, 03:49 AM
Moondia's been doing that in acts way before most of us even started in GS.

Fallen
04-04-2005, 03:52 AM
I still don't see how that made it through QC.

Does anyone see quality when they see the above prep phrase? If so, did you still see it upon viewing it the 10th time? The 20th?

[Edited on 4-4-2005 by Fallen]

StrayRogue
04-04-2005, 03:53 AM
Its better than half the other shitty special spell preps out there, trust me.

Asha
04-04-2005, 04:04 AM
Post all your special preps?

I've seen Bumples' which is really cool and subtle.

StrayRogue
04-04-2005, 04:08 AM
No one gets to see mine for another year or two.

Asha
04-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Heh.
Will GS still be around in that time?
In your opinion?

Drew
04-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Mine is: ****** makes a small, subtle motion.

Drew
04-04-2005, 04:13 AM
PS: How did you even see this Drew?

StrayRogue
04-04-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Drayal
Heh.
In your opinion?

Yep. I bet GS is around for alot longer than its contemporaries, such as WoW or EQ2.

[Edited on 4-4-05 by StrayRogue]

Asha
04-04-2005, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue

Originally posted by Drayal
Heh.
In your opinion?

Yep. I bet GS is around for alot longer than its contemporaries, such as WoW or EQ2.

[Edited on 4-4-05 by StrayRogue]

I've been saying that since the other games started popping up.
Hmmm, I suppose they'll be taking my money for another coupla years.

StrayRogue
04-04-2005, 04:18 AM
The way I see its text won't ever need a graphics update, heh. In a few years or so, WoW will look how SWG looks now.

Azul
04-04-2005, 04:21 AM
What's bumples'?

StrayRogue
04-04-2005, 04:22 AM
A character.

Drew
04-04-2005, 04:24 AM
I think he/she wants to know what his spell prep phrase is.

Asha
04-04-2005, 04:24 AM
The way I see its text won't ever need a graphics update, heh. In a few years or so, WoW will look how SWG looks now.

Again, that's the way I viewed it.
That's kinda comforting, since I enjoy GS.
Frightening, considering the amount of money I have spent already on this game.

Asha
04-04-2005, 04:26 AM
You'd have to ask Bumples , to see his exact phrase.
I can't remember it off hand.

He started posting here lately, shoot him a U2U.

StrayRogue
04-04-2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Drew
I think he/she wants to know what his spell prep phrase is.

Doh, way too early for me. :?:

Sylph
04-04-2005, 04:29 AM
Dear god. You have gotta be kidding me.

StrayRogue
04-04-2005, 04:30 AM
Its 8 am! :coffee:

Asha
04-04-2005, 04:32 AM
9:30 for me.
:flamed:

StrayRogue
04-04-2005, 04:32 AM
...Fucking clocks.

Asha
04-04-2005, 04:35 AM
...Fucking clocks.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought mine was wrong after reading yours.
Funny. .

SpunGirl
04-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Why in the world wouldn't they put a (small) character limit on a spell prep phrase? The idea is cute, but seeing that repeatedly would be really fucking annoying. Not to mention that if skilled magic users see that, they would probably laugh their asses off at her incompetence (IC).

-K

PS I think this another good place to announce the cat's official disapproval, Tayre.

[Edited on 4-4-2005 by SpunGirl]

DeV
04-04-2005, 08:56 AM
She really should have no hair by now. I hope the description reads balding due to all the tugging.

Amaron
04-04-2005, 09:18 AM
My bardess has a unique spell prep phrase.

You can toggle them. when I am singing to a lot of gems I turn it off.

So she CAN turn it back to normal if she choses...

J

StrayRogue
04-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
Why in the world wouldn't they put a (small) character limit on a spell prep phrase? The idea is cute, but seeing that repeatedly would be really fucking annoying. Not to mention that if skilled magic users see that, they would probably laugh their asses off at her incompetence (IC).

-K

PS I think this another good place to announce the cat's official disapproval, Tayre.

[Edited on 4-4-2005 by SpunGirl]

They do have a character limit. Strangely though this is about double it. As I said though, she's been doing it forever (like 10 years) so the GM probably was light handed in the matter.

AnticorRifling
04-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Does this mean Tayre is back?

StrayRogue
04-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Yeah. He's been whining about his 23 mil fine all morning. :moon2:

CrystalTears
04-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by DeV
She really should have no hair by now. I hope the description reads balding due to all the tugging.

Quite frankly she shouldn't have any hair at all before the spells since she's been tugging her hair out daily when she bowed and it would get caught in the hilt of her sword.

Once a day or something is cute. When it's done more than 5 times in the span of an hour, it's way too much.

isebumples
04-04-2005, 11:17 AM
>prep 1101
You murmur soft words into the air, the liquid syllables summoning the spirits to aid you in preparing Heal.
Your spell is ready.

That's bumples, won on the wavedancer raffle. It's nice and subtle, most people do not notice it at all.

-Bumples player

Asha
04-04-2005, 12:53 PM
I like it.

Divinity
04-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Yes, she does that ALL the time. When she is picking up an item, she does it. Almost everything she does, she will cry and pull a chunk of hair out and yeah..

Aurawyn saw her do it more than once and always threatens her with her skinning knife. Unfortunately.. Moondia runs off. :( I'll get her one of these days.

As for actually healing next to her, you kind of get used to it. It is a lot of screen scroll though.

HarmNone
04-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Moondia has been doing that, or something similar, for what seems like forever. I'm sure she's heard all the gripes and complaints. Obviously, nobody has gotten through.

AnticorRifling
04-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Immolation gets rid of hair problems.

Latrinsorm
04-04-2005, 01:32 PM
It'd be a lot better if

a) She did go bald.
b) She didn't have it in the empath circle, whose preparation INVOLVES NO HAND MOVEMENTS. (You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant)
c) She didn't do it every 10 seconds, along with the 5 other actions she uses to rip her hair out.
d) The clumps of hair actually got stuck to her various items. I dunno if anyone else notices this, but hair doesn't just vanish once it gets torn out.

AnticorRifling
04-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Duh the janitor cleans up her mange.

Divinity
04-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
It'd be a lot better if

a) She did go bald.
b) She didn't have it in the empath circle, whose preparation INVOLVES NO HAND MOVEMENTS. (You concentrate while murmuring the simple, mystical chant)
c) She didn't do it every 10 seconds, along with the 5 other actions she uses to rip her hair out.
d) The clumps of hair actually got stuck to her various items. I dunno if anyone else notices this, but hair doesn't just vanish once it gets torn out.

Yeah, that. ^^^

I'm surprised the GMs let her do it, since it's not realistic to the point where she does have a balding or splotched head. ::shrugs:: Oh well.

Nilandia
04-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Mine from Plat:

You close your eyes and tightly clasp your hands, uttering a soft phrase. An aura of golden light begins to shine from your hands as you prepare the Organ Repair spell.

Nilandia

Latrinsorm
04-04-2005, 06:02 PM
The only reason I'm hesitant with yours, Nilandia, is because it's possible to prepare an empath spell without hands (something the GM probably should have picked on), so that would be a bit awkward.

That being said, I would take everyone in Elanthia producing that messaging whenever they walked in a room over 5 minutes with Moondia's hair-pocalypse.

Nilandia
04-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Like was said before, the phrases can be turned off. It is a good point, though. I'll probably turn it off when Nilandia's hands are in bad enough shape.

Nilandia

theotherjohn
04-04-2005, 07:16 PM

not all of us.

I fucking hated it when she did it in Silvergate inn and hate it now

Rutilcaper
04-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Wow, that's just infuriating, ain't it?

1) Who'd actually be stupid enough to do that? You're waving a hand around in front of you and all of a sudden OMG CRAP IT'S IN MY HAIR HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!?!?!?!?! ;_;

2) How do HANDS get stuck in HAIR? Hair so thick you'd lose a hand in it belongs only in dimestore Noir novels.

AnticorRifling
04-08-2005, 04:52 PM
And pr0n.

Stunseed
04-09-2005, 01:50 AM

As much as I like Moondia, doing something dumb for 10 years still makes it dumb. It's like people who have to say how long they have played Gemstone to make their argument, like you MUST be some gemstone genius to pay 12.95 for however many years to make yourself automatically right.

I've interacted with Moondia tons while we were both up in the mountain, and it fits her character very, very well. As an individual act, or everyone once in a while, it'd be perfect.

Limper
04-09-2005, 02:40 AM
Here is the one that Lucos got made from the Spitfire.

Third
>Shadows seem to gather around Lucos as his fingers dance rapidly through an intricate series of gestures.

First
>Shadows seem to gather around you as your fingers dance rapidly through an intricate series of gestures.

Jay
04-09-2005, 09:30 AM
These are mine in Plat.

XXXX's brows knit in concentration and a rippling heat miasma appears to briefly distort her features to that of a desiccated corpse with yawning empty eye sockets.

XXXXXXXXX's eyes briefly turn completely black from pupil to white as she intones an unrecognizable eldritch phrase in a harsh voice not her own.

Latrinsorm
04-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Rutilcaper
2) How do HANDS get stuck in HAIR?Uh, I've had that happen to me a number of times IRL. Naturally I don't just keep waving my hand around frantically, because that would be extremely foolish. Generally I bring the other hand up and break the knot.

Also, I'm glad I don't play plat.

Jay
04-09-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm glad too. :)

Divinity
04-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Sorry you have to see this Tayre.

Moondia smiles quietly to herself and begins to chant. A shaft of pure moonlight, oblivious to day or night, suddenly shines down from the sky, enveloping her in a glowing circle. She closes her eyes and opens her arms to let the moonbeams dance on her skin... and then... you realize gradually... that she is gone!

DCSL
04-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Oh fer cryin' out loud. I don't care if she's the first ever player of GS, report that.

Divinity
04-10-2005, 04:48 PM
I just realized how stupid I was. So I'm editing. Heh.

Anyways, yeah, it's bad.

[Edited on 4-10-2005 by Divinity]

Soulpieced
04-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Why can't peons just be peons and not try to stand out.

Divinity
04-10-2005, 04:51 PM
I don't know, you're the peon slayer. Stop being lazy and start slaying!

Rutilcaper
04-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Uh, I've had that happen to me a number of times IRL. Naturally I don't just keep waving my hand around frantically, because that would be extremely foolish. Generally I bring the other hand up and break the knot.

This has never been my experience. Admittedly I don't have enough hair to confirm this manually, but I've been around my fair share of the opposite sex without ever subjecting myself to such a snafu. It just seems preposterous to me, I assumed the whole "hair so thick blah blah blah..." was just a cute little phrase people said. Now I know!

(...and knowing is half the battle...)

[Edited on 4-12-2005 by Rutilcaper]

Latrinsorm
04-12-2005, 08:29 PM
It's not so much thickness as it is volume vs. combing. More volume and less (0) combing produces more knots, which produces more opportunities to get one's hand snagged.

Kyra
10-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Old thread, I know...but after I used my healer the other day I went back to try it again & got my first dose of this twit. How can any one person think up so many annoying things to do?

(Moondia finishes bandaging a patient with a flourish. Suddenly, she realizes she has bandaged her own hair in with the wound and quickly begins to unwrap it, looking about sheepishly.)

Moondia smiles at you lopsided as she curtsies, catching her very long hair on the side of her shoe. This pulls her head to an angle and she smiles at you sideways...

Over & over ad nauseum. :barf:

K.

[Edited on 10-30-2005 by Kyra]

[Edited on 10-30-2005 by Kyra]

Maygog
10-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey you have to give this to her.....she didn't go half way with the hair thing. :whistle:

SpunGirl
10-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Please give me a fucking break. What kind of lunatic would look around at all the available empaths and be like, "I want the retard who can't handle her hairstyle to heal me, yay!"

-K

Soulpieced
10-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Squealch is your friend.

Aaysia
10-30-2005, 07:03 PM
I've seen the smiling sideways thing IG

Its just really creepy and eerie :no:

I'm glad I didn't stick around her to see anymore repeated hair associated actions... that would annoy anyone

Sean of the Thread
10-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Xyelin
Wow that is crap.

Since it was bumped... I'll quote myself.

Sean of the Thread
10-30-2005, 09:01 PM
UGH squelch or no squelch how fucking stupid....

[Town Square Central]
This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townsfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded from the moonlight by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see a large acorn, a large acorn, a tarnished medallion, a large sack, a trident, a leather helm, a visored helm, a morning star, a large acorn, a wooden stick, a large acorn, a black skull-shaped candle, a large acorn, some manna bread, a large acorn and some stone benches with some stuff on it.
Also here: Crimsonscar, Gulltrie, Varule, Hog, Tremeign who is lying down, Jaaro who is sitting, Great Lady Moondia
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast, southwest, west, northwest
>sign of staunching
>sign of defending
> sign of warding
> sign of diss
> sign of defl
> sign of shields
Your veins throb and your blood sings.
>
Repeating the sign has no effect!
>
>
>
>
>
Moondia begins an incantation, her hands weaving a complicated spell in the air. Intent on her spellcasting, she fails to notice as her fingers tangle in her tresses until sparks and motes of light shoot away from her fingers, spinning in midair. She tugs frantically at her hair, freeing her fingers, and finally succeeds in preparing the spell.
>
Moondia's right arm looks better.
> spellup auto
Please rephrase that command.
>
Varule just went west.
>
>
Moondia's left arm looks better.
>spellup auto
PsiNet will now begin to spell you up.

Sending INCANT 103 to the game.

You gesture while calling upon the lesser spirits to aid you with the Spirit Defense spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You suddenly feel more powerful.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>
>
Moondia's abdomen looks better.
>
Ilizabetha just arrived.
>
Sending INCANT 115 to the game.

>
You gesture while calling upon the lesser spirits to aid you with the Fasthr's Reward spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
A dull golden nimbus surrounds you.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
>
Moondia's head looks better.
>
Ilizabetha just went northwest.
>
>
Moondia's neck looks better.
>
PsiNet is done spelling you up.

>
Moondia's chest looks better.
>
>
Moondia's left leg looks better.
>
>
Moondia's back looks better.
>
>
Moondia's nervous system looks better.
>
>
Moondia's left eye looks better.
>
Miziou just arrived.
>
>
Moondia's right eye looks better.
>
>
Moondia's right arm looks better.
>
>
Moondia's right hand looks better.
>
Galinroe just arrived.
>
>
Moondia's left hand looks better.
>
Galinroe just went northwest.
>
Mistdaye's group just arrived.
>
>
Moondia's left arm looks better.
>
Mistdaye's group just went over to an old well.
>
Gulltrie says, "Hmph."
>
Rastavan just arrived.
>'uhm
>
Moondia's right leg looks better.
>
You say, "Uhm."
>glance moon
You glance at Moondia.
>peer moon
You feel at full magical power again.
>
Bisco just arrived.
>
You peer quizzically at Moondia.
>
Moondia blushes a glowing shade of red.

Kembal
10-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Ow. Thankfully, I've got the same spell prep phrase as Bumples' does...some people only just picked up on it now, even though I got it on the 2nd run of the Wavedancer, heh.

Snapp
10-31-2005, 07:17 AM
Gah, she needs to turn that shit off.

Also, the title Tayre picked for this thread still cracks me up (especially since I read it a squeaky "Tayre" voice).

Jazuela
10-31-2005, 07:34 AM
Instead of giving her coins or gems or herbs for a tip, maybe someone should buy her a ponytail elastic, hairband, or set of barettes. Or offer to comb and braid her hair, or even have someone come in and ambush chop the grizzly mane off. Then she'd have no excuse.

CrystalTears
10-31-2005, 08:42 AM
You would think after YEARS of getting her hair caught she'd either 1) wind up bald, or 2) finally get the hang of how to untangle her hair so that it doesn't happen.

Frankly I wouldn't want a clutz like this healing me. It's cute the first few times. Years later, it's not cute anymore, it's annoying. It's a shame because she's a really sweet person, just that the hair thing is played out. She needs a new gimmick.

At least it's not getting caught in the hilt of her sword anymore. :rolleyes:

FYI... her cleric does the same crap too, although I haven't heard of her being around so you may be safe.

Latrinsorm
10-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
At least it's not getting caught in the hilt of her sword anymore.As of a couple of months ago, yeah, it was. That's for bowing, I think.

The absolute worst part is that she's so entrenched in her decision to dick around with her hair like this that she completely ignores any comments or offers such as Jazuela described. I'd be seriously tempted to smash her (Moondia's) keyboard into little bitty pieces if I could get my hands on it.

ElanthianSiren
10-31-2005, 12:41 PM
My guess is that she probably knows it looks retarded. Like David Carredine says in Kill Bill 2 "there are some things, once you do, that can never be undone." What are the odds of being chosen for personal scripting like that... and with those odds, what are the odds that if you get chosen again, you'll use it another character?

What I would find funny, would be if she was out hunting.

prep 1106

Moondia says, "Can you hold on please Mr. Ithzir Seer; my hands are caught in my hair again."

-M

Sean of the Thread
10-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Would be fine if it were random like flares. 1 in 20 or some shit.

Trinitis
10-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
Please give me a fucking break. What kind of lunatic would look around at all the available empaths and be like, "I want the retard who can't handle her hairstyle to heal me, yay!"

-K

Yaknow, that's what I've always loved about you Kristen. Under that soft, friendly and demure womanhood, there is a raging style nazi just screaming for the chance to stomp the shit out of someone. :heart: Spun.

SpunGirl
11-01-2005, 01:41 AM
You know it, biatch.

-K