PDA

View Full Version : converting

04-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Currently using undead smite, and want to be able to hunt again...
Is it worth it to convert to Bane at the high 60's?

Alarke
04-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Uhh, yes, you're crazy not to. Look at what you're going in to.

Rift: Plane 1 - two nice living critters and one annoying and lower
level undead
Plane 2 - Vvrael cant be hit by anything and as a cleric i stay
away from here anyway.
Plane 3 - N'ecare are decent, but 317 cleans them up in a
snap, so smite wont matter. Aivren are living and
easy to kill.
Plane 4 & 5 - this is basically undead all the way around, If
you want to hunt rift forever, smite will
eventually work best for you, but i think i'd go
crazy having to hunt here forever.

Tower: Goleras and Moulis are both living and easy to take out,
and shrickhen are the more annoying and only undead
here.

OTF: Most common older hunting ground, all living.

Those are my two cents on going to bane after awhile, I changed and never looked back. But uhhh, since it's roleplay... oh screw it, bane is better!

Myitkyina
04-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Yes. I converted to bane at the start of GS4 and have never really regretted it. I do miss being a cleric of Lumnis and all the role-playing that went along with it, but using bane has permitted me to stay in the town I like (Ta'Illistim) which has its own rewards. Most of the good hunting areas in the 60s are living only (the only exception I can think of is the wind wraiths/soul golems area in Teras).

The only other downside is that I'm no longer forced to hunt exclusively undead, so I have less favor than I'd like--though I've been able to maintain about 700 spins and I'm about to start hunting the rift and tower, so that should help.

Also, I have no trouble killing undead--I just use 306, which is actually my weapon of choice for a lot of critters.

Edited to say: If Alarke and I agree on it, it must be true! Bane is better!

[Edited on 4-3-2005 by Myitkyina]

04-04-2005, 01:04 AM
thanks for the help, any suggestion on what arkati, i thought i heard something about the lesser vs the major ones...

roleplay is not a issue since its The Edine afterall...

Alarke
04-04-2005, 01:31 AM
I don't personally know of any differences in the Arkati, just pick one you like and run with it... I'm gonna take a picture though to prove that we can, in fact, agree on something Myitkyina! :smilegrin:

Sean of the Thread
04-04-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Dave
thanks for the help, any suggestion on what arkati, i thought i heard something about the lesser vs the major ones...

roleplay is not a issue since its The Edine afterall...

Wrong!
Roleplay is not an issue because it is Gemstone.

04-04-2005, 02:11 AM
I dont know about you but I always rp when I play.

Sean
04-04-2005, 03:25 AM
I find the difference between bane/smite to be neglibile now that 312 and 317 aren't based on alignment and 302 still has the potential to be useful at high levels no matter what your conversion is.

Atlanteax
04-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Dave
Currently using undead smite, and want to be able to hunt again...
Is it worth it to convert to Bane at the high 60's?

You may want to consider converting to a Paladin... it'd probably better suit your style.

04-04-2005, 09:43 AM
are they worth it at higher levels though?

Alarke
04-04-2005, 03:02 PM
It's harder for me to level, but I love it, if you're big on raising and CS, dont do it, otherwise i'll post skills to give an example of what you can do.