PDA

View Full Version : Selling stat enhancing harp

Czeska
04-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Won this at a raffle at Ebon's 03. It has been played ONLY once, to verify the stat enhancement.

You tap a silver-strung burled sephwir harp.

>look harp
Elegantly simple in its lines, this harp is crafted from perfectly matched pieces of burled sephwir. By some trick of light, the richly-grained wood seems imbued with an inner glow. The harp is strung with wires of purest spun silver that glisten without trace of tarnish or wear.

LORESONG RESULTS:

The first thing that strikes you about the harp is the weight, which is about 3 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 2,000,000 silvers.

You sense a faint aura of magic around the burled sephwir harp. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the harp is a stringed instrument. Also, it seems to have some sort of enhancive properties.

The item seems well constructed and resonates in response to your song indicating that it is in tune.
The harp resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus to Influence.
It provides a bonus to Aura.
You think that you could probably find out something more about the harp's enhancive properties if you tried.

The harmonics of your song probe deep into the harp to determine that it is an average quality musical instrument.

The harp resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 10 to Influence.
It provides a bonus of 10 to Aura.
The harp looks to have almost innumerable charges remaining.

Min bid 2 mil.
BO is 10 mil.

Email, post or IM bids.

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 10:37 AM
I presume the bonus is removed if you stop playing or put it away?

Czeska
04-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Yes

Czeska
04-03-2005, 12:25 PM
CB 4 mil

[Edited on 4-3-2005 by Czeska]

Czeska
04-06-2005, 01:03 PM
cb 5 mil, gonna finish this up on the official boards

Atlanteax
04-06-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm trying to imagine how a character can hunt while playing a harp in one hand.

Probably easy enough for a "pure" assuming that it does not interfere with the DS generated from a runestave...

... or if "pure" that specialized in shield-use downhunts with it.

Otherwise, I cannot really see it being effective against critters you can learn off of.... nevermind that it'd probably look silly IMO.

Czeska
04-06-2005, 01:46 PM
There are some older bards that hunt and play because of the bonus playing gives to certain spellsongs. Add the 10 to aura and influence and honestly, some of them are purring.

I dont have Czeska trained to make this viable for a long time, though, and since I far outplay my empath, I would rather have this harp go to someone who will use and appreciate it.

Plus.. some people just really love sephwir.

Edited to add: 2 handed instrument. No staff. Which means
>play harp
>1030
.. most likely. And that can be devastating.

[Edited on 4-6-2005 by Czeska]