PDA

View Full Version : Ahh, death..so sweet in its silence..

Trinitis
09-19-2003, 04:36 AM
Yeh..so I've been dead in Lesser Vruul for over an hour now..I'm going to head to bed..if anyone on these boards has a char old enough to come save me (cleric needed, its a no fog zone, I only have a class two leg wound..tend and I'm set..) and your willing to help me out..u2u me your SN, and I'll IM you tomorrow. Thanks

-Adredrin

I hate scarabs..I really hate them..

SpunGirl
09-19-2003, 04:57 AM
Boo hoo.

-K

Red Devil
09-19-2003, 07:48 AM

Trinitis
09-19-2003, 12:35 PM
welp, I dono if I should be proud of this or not..but I've broken a personal record..I've been dead for almost 10 hours now

w00t

-adredrin

Xcalibur
09-19-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
welp, I dono if I should be proud of this or not..but I've broken a personal record..I've been dead for almost 10 hours now

w00t

-adredrin

Just get an other account, on www.zone or the like

Go to zone and ask until you get the help, faster dude

StrayRogue
09-19-2003, 12:41 PM
Yeah, most people have second accounts these days. They can't progress by normal means.

Tsa`ah
09-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Depart.

Depart confirm.

Suck it up.

HarmNone
09-19-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
Depart.

Depart confirm.

Suck it up.

Heh. How very simplistic of you, Tsa`ah. :D That is exactly what I would do, as well. Just get on with it and get back to playing.

HarmNone knows death in Elanthia is NOT permanent

Bobmuhthol
09-19-2003, 03:33 PM
I was dead for four days. Klaive imploded me and I was going to go demonic.

Trinitis
09-19-2003, 04:59 PM
well, being that I make maybe 1k exp per week on avarage, the 10k loss of experience puts me back 10 weeks.

-Adredrin

HarmNone
09-19-2003, 05:10 PM
well, being that I make maybe 1k exp per week on avarage, the 10k loss of experience puts me back 10 weeks.

-Adredrin

Ummm...I understand what you are saying, but I fail to understand why that is important. You are playing a game. Hopefully, you are enjoying playing the game. Whether you play it for an additional 10 weeks, or 10 years, you are still playing it. Lying there dead is not giving you much enjoyment, I would not think.

Of course, I never did understand what everyone was in such a hurry to get to.:rolleyes:

HarmNone would rather roleplay than worry about playing Mario Andretti in an on-line game

Trinitis
09-19-2003, 05:12 PM
::chuckle:: if i was in a hury to get anywhere, Then I would not be making 1k exp a week. What I don't like is loosing 10 weeks worth of work, thats all. Its a game, yes, I'm having fun most of the time, yes..I just don't like the idea that 10 weeks worth of time I spent on GS was lost (and yes, it was lost..I decayed about noon, elven time).

-Adredrin

HarmNone
09-19-2003, 05:20 PM
::chuckle:: if i was in a hury to get anywhere, Then I would not be making 1k exp a week. What I don't like is loosing 10 weeks worth of work, thats all. Its a game, yes, I'm having fun most of the time, yes..I just don't like the idea that 10 weeks worth of time I spent on GS was lost (and yes, it was lost..I decayed about noon, elven time).

-Adredrin

I am sorry you decayed, hon. That is always a bit of a drag. But, you are not "working", you are playing. If you can think of it that way, it hurts much less. :D

HarmNone has decayed...according to Sintik she is decaying as we speak :P

CrystalTears
09-19-2003, 05:30 PM
People who tend to play in the middle of the night when there is a smaller player base are more conscientious of where to hunt or pick and if people tend to travel through there often. If you are there knowing that you will hardly be found, I would suggest not going there during slow periods. If you insist on going there, then you'll have to deal with it and decay. It sucks I know, but it was your choice to be someplace unsafe and if you die in a low traffic area, you need to suffer the consequences on your own.

People have become too dependant on feeling that they should always be rescued, and that's not so. Being rescued is a priviledge not an obligation.

[Edited on 9/19/2003 by CrystalTears]

Kurili
09-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Oh, bah. He's just fulla prunes, HarmNone. Pay him no heed.

Acolyte Kurili

HarmNone
09-19-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Kurili
Oh, bah. He's just fulla prunes, HarmNone. Pay him no heed.

Acolyte Kurili

::HarmNone blinks::

Ummm, if Sintik is full of prunes, I would suggest that we all clear the area with great haste!

HarmNone yells: "Run, dammit. The shit is about to hit....Hell, just run!" :D

Trinitis
09-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
People who tend to play in the middle of the night when there is a smaller player base are more conscientious of where to hunt or pick and if people tend to travel through there often. If you are there knowing that you will hardly be found, I would suggest not going there during slow periods. If you insist on going there, then you'll have to deal with it and decay. It sucks I know, but it was your choice to be someplace unsafe and if you die in a low traffic area, you need to suffer the consequences on your own.

People have become too dependant on feeling that they should always be rescued, and that's not so. Being rescued is a priviledge not an obligation.

Yeh, that was the worst part about it. The Vruul had no chance of killing me what so ever, I died via scarab.

-Adredrin

Dighn Darkbeam
09-19-2003, 05:52 PM
Not the best RP taste in the world, but just role up a second character on the same account.

Log into this name, Ask politely and without scrolling for assistance in an area you believe there will be those capable of helping you. If possible, try to come up with an IC explination of your problem and comunicate over the amunet to lead them to your corpse.

CrystalTears
09-19-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Dighn Darkbeam
Not the best RP taste in the world, but just role up a second character on the same account.

Log into this name, Ask politely and without scrolling for assistance in an area you believe there will be those capable of helping you. If possible, try to come up with an IC explination of your problem and comunicate over the amunet to lead them to your corpse.

Perhaps some people find help that way, however I know plenty, including myself, who won't help someone who's helping "themselves".

If they ask me to help so and so and I can't locate them when they ask and they're not in the lands, I won't do it. I have to wait til they leave, log in with the dead person, locate them and fog to them? No thanks. I just don't see what possible IC reason there could be that you're trying to save someone that is not actively in the lands. What, the words "I will help" will suddenly cause the invisible corpse to appear? Or he evolves upon entry into the same vicinity? C'mon, there is no way you can roleplay that.

I for one don't play those games and if that makes me an elitist, so be it. When I play, I play through everything, good and bad, and if no one can help me I make do and wait until I decay. It happens.

HarmNone
09-19-2003, 07:28 PM
I was the same when I played, CT. I would not go to the rescue of someone unless I could locate that person in-game.

HarmNone figures it just is not realistic to come around begging someone to save your "other self"

AnticorRifling
09-19-2003, 11:06 PM
I've had a few 100k lvls. Some of it was from poor hunting and some from a day when I had a massive, and I mean massive stupid attack....

I was sitting at a table spelling up and I wracked, waited til I got 6 spirit and wracked again and I decayed... I was like what the hell?! Went back to the table spells, got to 6 spirit wracked, decayed wtf?!!!

This went on about five times then I figured it out! I needed sleep. Sign of wracking and sign of darkness are not the same thing folks :cool: I was, for whatever retarded reason, using darkness instead of wracking.

Scott
09-19-2003, 11:07 PM
You did it 5 times!? No wonder you're a swinging wizard! No brains! :P

HarmNone
09-19-2003, 11:12 PM
Yeesh, Anticor! Never go out of your house sleepy, dear. Who knows what you might do! :D

HarmNone cannot believe you did that 5 times!

Vesi
09-19-2003, 11:21 PM
I know I read somewhere (and I can't remember where) that your hp's and spirit points that show in your window are 'close to accurate'. In other words they were saying, if you do anything and use your spirit, you could decay.

I know that's not what you were doing, but does anyone recall where I might have seen that?

I always wait until 7 spirit points before wracking 'cause I'm a wuss.

Good thing you had lots of deeds!

Vesi

HarmNone
09-19-2003, 11:26 PM
That information has been posted on the official boards on more than one occasion. The Wizard is not 100% accurate.

HarmNone

Xcalibur
09-19-2003, 11:41 PM
Decayed only once, and i think it's the most BORING stuff that could happened. I prefer not hunting for 10 hours and losing 20k to decay and lose 20k...

Once, i did symbol of dream and went to take a shower, when i came in i saw the cat i had before on the keyboard, and his left paw on the "enter" of the numkeyboard (the one on the right)..
I saw:
symb of dream
symb of dream
symb of dream
symb of dream
symb of dream
symb of dream
symb of dream
symb of dream
symb of dream
symb of dream
symb of dream
symb of dream
symb of dream
symb of dream
(and so on)

Voln rocks, even if i lost all my HARD WON favors back then

:bouncy:

AnticorRifling
09-20-2003, 11:58 AM
Yeah the GUI information from the wizard isn't always 100% I always type spirit and see if I've got 6 before wracking. Actually the first two times I did it I was tired that woke me up and I did the other 3 times because I was pissed and couldn't see any reason why I was dying heh. I've never made that mistake again but I still run into battle with armor in hand from time to time.....

And I swing because it's fun not because I have too! My bolt is up to par and my minor CS is higher than almost anyone I've seen like lvl so I can use 415 to hunt very efficently, you're just jealous :cool: