PDA

View Full Version : Led Zepplin vs. Wavedancer - You make the call

Revalos
04-02-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm sorry...but I have to say something here.

If there was a concert...say, Led Zepplin, I could understand camping out for hours, maybe even overnight to get tickets. I'd hit refresh a thousand times a second on the ticketmaster site in order to get tickets. It would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I get that. What I don't get is the people who do the same thing for freaking Wavedancer tickets.

I know, I know...its the same diff to many people...this is just the same as a big concert to some folks. But there's something I can't shake when I see people complaining that they had to take leave from work or missed airline flights waiting for these tickets.

This is NOT a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is a fairly common merchant event.

So, here's the poll:

Drop everything and put all other things in your life aside to buy which one of the poll answers?

[Edited on 4-2-2005 by Revalos]

Bobmuhthol
04-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

All other Led Zeppelin - Not so Good.

Artha
04-02-2005, 05:04 PM
I could see doing them for some things. Not for something like this, though. I don't really understand people who hire babysitters so they never have to leave the computer chair during events, either.

Revalos
04-02-2005, 05:07 PM
You forgot Kashmir, Black Dog, Whole Lotta Love, and Gallow's Pole, Bob.

Yes, Zepp has some crap, but I'd pay almost any price to see them live.

Sorry...off topic.

StrayRogue
04-02-2005, 05:10 PM
See the Zepp. Atleast the experience you'll have there won't be in text.

Kitsun
04-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Artha
I could see doing them for some things. Not for something like this, though. I don't really understand people who hire babysitters so they never have to leave the computer chair during events, either.

Its more responsible than letting them run amock the whole time too. Their attention is going to be focused elsewhere.

I'd go to the Wave, but I don't have any other major hobbies or anyone I'd like to see live.

Artha
04-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Its more responsible than letting them run amock the whole time too.
If you're a parent, you should act like one. This includes possibly taking a break to make sure your kid isn't sucking on a marble, make them lunch or dinner or whatever.

Kitsun
04-02-2005, 05:42 PM
It isn't being a parent to make sure that those needs are handled? You must do them yourself?

Bobmuhthol
04-02-2005, 05:48 PM
<<It isn't being a parent to make sure that those needs are handled? You must do them yourself?>>

It's being a parent to be part of your child's life.

Your child does not play GemStone.

Apotheosis
04-02-2005, 05:50 PM

that should be considered child abuse.

Back
Concert, without question. Hands down. End of story. Pull the tube. Thats so cliché.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
I, as a stateroom ticket holder, would not purchase another stateroom ticket to this event at all. Neither would the person that went with me.

For the amount of money involved, I think it should have been a smoother run event. For the amount of "personal" interactions I had, it was worth an elevated cost, but not 400 dollars.

Hell, I had a merchant ask me (because I found her before Sunday, my scheduled "private time" with her), that since I'd gotten lucky and found her first "Did she need to come on Sunday"? That's what I paid 400 dollars for? Standard, wait in line service so they could cancel their appointments? WTF?

PS - She wasn't the only one. I arrived at another merchant, shortly after I'd HAD my private, one on one time, and he was doing room order, and I got there 3rd. He said, well, since you just had work you don't want any more, do you? In reality, I did not, but didn't I read some red posts from the GM's that those works were separate?

Anyway, I wouldn't bother. Just pay someone to buy the things you want. I got more services on the Dhu. Matter of fact, I was so disenchanted I let 3 other people use Tayvin so maybe they could get services in my place.

Hulkein
04-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

LOL, yeah right man. Listen to some more Zep songs if that's how you feel.

I agree... and I'd buy Zep tickets over almost any type of ticket. Check the avatar ;)

Sean
04-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Yswithe

I guess parents who hire babysitters so they can go away on vacation should be consider child abusers too.

Anyway I'd wait in line for a concert I wanted to see I'd never goto the level people did for wave dancer tickets. But I also refuse to pay to goto any gemstone events.

Apotheosis
04-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Tijay

Originally posted by Yswithe

I guess parents who hire babysitters so they can go away on vacation should be consider child abusers too.

Anyway I'd wait in line for a concert I wanted to see I'd never goto the level people did for wave dancer tickets. But I also refuse to pay to goto any gemstone events.

vacation, understandable. Video game event, that just shows where a parents priorities are. Of course, I don't have children, and am not planning on that any time soon..

SpunGirl
04-02-2005, 05:56 PM
I probably would not have spent the money on WD tickets had I not known I would have that time off to spend at the event. And if something more important had come up, I'd have sold the ticket or just missed out on the event for that particular night.

I like merchant events, but.... I can name about twenty other things off the top of my head that I like more.

-K

Back
04-02-2005, 06:35 PM
So did the Wave Dancer sink like a Led Zeppelin?

My fav Zep song is “Friends” from Zeppelin III.

Farquar
04-02-2005, 07:20 PM
I was as addicted to GS as much as most of you were, but speaking with all the restraint I can muster, the lengths to which some people went to get a ticket to the fake cruise is just shameful. I still can't believe that people sat in a chair and hit refresh for hours and hours for a CHANCE to PAY an obscene amount for this event. The world would have been much better off if these people had skipped the cruise, donated the money to the United Way, and spent the time playing with their kids or hanging out with real live friends.

kheldarin
04-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

You're kinda retarded.

Hulkein
04-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
So did the Wave Dancer sink like a Led Zeppelin?

My fav Zep song is “Friends” from Zeppelin III.

Great song.

Zep III is very underrated.

Tangerine and That's The Way are two of my favorite from that CD, along with Friends.

[Edited on 4-3-2005 by Hulkein]

Shari
04-03-2005, 03:08 AM
So, I finally got around to viewing the offcial board on this matter and got to a post where someone took off time from work so they could stare slack-jawed and hit "refresh" for an hour and a half to purchase a stateroom/first class ticket.

Frankly, it gaves me warm fuzzies deep within the bowels of my soul.

Before I read that persons post, I thought *I* had no life.

allen
04-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Farquar
I still can't believe that people sat in a chair and hit refresh for hours and hours for a CHANCE to PAY an obscene amount for this event. The world would have been much better off if these people had skipped the cruise, donated the money to the United Way, and spent the time playing with their kids or hanging out with real live friends.

That's the problem they don't HAVE any real life friends.

ElanthianSiren
04-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Revalos
I'm sorry...but I have to say something here.

If there was a concert...say, Led Zepplin, I could understand camping out for hours, maybe even overnight to get tickets. I'd hit refresh a thousand times a second on the ticketmaster site in order to get tickets. It would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I get that. What I don't get is the people who do the same thing for freaking Wavedancer tickets.

I know, I know...its the same diff to many people...this is just the same as a big concert to some folks. But there's something I can't shake when I see people complaining that they had to take leave from work or missed airline flights waiting for these tickets.

This is NOT a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is a fairly common merchant event.

So, here's the poll:

Drop everything and put all other things in your life aside to buy which one of the poll answers?

[Edited on 4-2-2005 by Revalos]

Everybody I know seems to know me well,
But they're never gonna know that I move like hell.

-Melissa

Doyle Hargraves
04-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Who's the 1 loser that voted for Wavedancer?

[EDIT: Now 2 losers]

[Edited on 4-17-2005 by Doyle Hargraves]

allen
04-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Probably the losers who won't post in fear of embarrassment and lynchings.

Kitsun
04-17-2005, 07:51 PM
I voted for the Wavedancer. Heh.

But I'm not responding to loser simply because you're all posting on the unofficial message boards of the same bloody game.

Naomi Chan V1
05-27-2005, 01:01 AM
I can't go to concerts alone. My son who is four, would love to go to the local band night down the street (he likes metal, I don't) but the management is rather peevish about children being in there, I called about it, too, since he was rather excited about a demon on this band poster he saw at a local venue *Young Avenue Deli.

I love GemStone, it lets me go on vacation with my mind since I am a full time mom and cannot be irresponsible by leaving for Jamaica for a weekend. My husband suggested that, once. One must suffer the sacrifice of many hopes and dreams once you undertake the burden of parenting, it seems many do not understand that quite so well as I.

My kids are my jewels, I take care of them so well and they are very smart and we often go to the zoo, museums and library. On the nights I don't have school, When I put them to bed at 8:30 I am usually so tired but GemStone always puts me in a good mood....it lets me "get out of the house" while at the same time allowing me to stay close to my kids in case there is an emergency. They've never had "babysitters", but sometimes during these big events they scream with glee to go to their big chinese relatives house where they get spoiled rotten and have a great time.

I hereby proclaim that all of the posters in this thread who wrote thoughtlessly about the great moms and dads who take time to relax in GemStone, insteading boozing it up or gambling, be irrevocably linked to the forces of Saturn until they have learned the true meaning of Judgement.

Have fun with that.

Naomi Chan:devilsmile:

05-27-2005, 01:03 AM
I'd so hard bring my wireless laptop to the junction and beat people with it in the mosh pits.

Asha
05-27-2005, 03:32 AM
After Felicea (?) and her antics the first time I saw her, I realised I hated merchants.
Also a map at the beginning would have been clever.
I fell asleep with my eyes open hundreds of times, so I guess I was a little too dedicated to the event.

Since I've been loving you - Zep
If not just for the guitar solo. :cool2: