PDA

View Full Version : Wave Dancer Question

Tromp
04-01-2005, 02:07 PM
What was the best thing you bought?

What is the best alter you were able to purchase/beg? :D

Asha
04-01-2005, 02:09 PM
My leathers being altered and made (temporarily) more crit padded.

Tromp
04-01-2005, 02:26 PM
ok if you do answer please describe what was done etc...

Hips
04-01-2005, 02:32 PM
The best thing Michi bought? A ton of pinworn gowns to have altered.

The best thing she had made? An ivory silk faenor-clasped cravat for a guy she's rather fond of. I would post the show but as it's no longer in her possession... I can't.

The best thing she received? A bonded armband from her sister.

Asha
04-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Oh , sorry :

a suit of elegant dark leather armor beautifully scaled with scorched grey plates

Was fairly crit to begin with, now it's like heavy?
There were 2 ranks added temporarily.

Divinity
04-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Aura got the best thing ever from her daughter. It was altered on the WD.

You tap a heart-shaped ruby locket.
read lock
In the elven language, it reads:
Ma, I shall always defend you. Affectionately, Sitiara.

Asha
04-01-2005, 02:41 PM
:heart: Sickening :heart:

Divinity
04-01-2005, 02:42 PM
At least she knows where she stands with people. :bleh:

Asha
04-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Touche

isebumples
04-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Best thing i got is my 6x greatsword dual critted with acid and cold flares and then got it altered.

a blackened mithril greatsword

>turn great
As you turn the greatsword, it draws all the heat from the surrounding air as ice forms on it.
>turn great
As you turn the greatsword, a trail of smoking black liquid runs down its length.

-Bumples player

Amaron
04-01-2005, 03:34 PM
I will post again when I get home...

Had spike flares (new flares) added to my 5x backsword and then it was altered.

umm also the Nalea gown I won plus the one my bardess husband bought for her.

J

YancyDC
04-01-2005, 04:15 PM
What class were y'all? I'm going second class on the second run and I'm nervous I won't get jack.

StrayRogue
04-01-2005, 04:17 PM
I'll have to count, but I reckon I got about 30+ services. No raffle wins though :(

Shari
04-01-2005, 04:33 PM
The gowns from the Clothing you Lace shop can be worn with armor, yes?

AnticorRifling
04-01-2005, 04:35 PM
My wife wouldn't let me spend that much time in front of the pc, especially during Easter weekend, so I'm making a tshirt that says I didn't go to the Wavedancer and all I got was this lousy tshirt.

Shari
04-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh, btw...someone needs to be a guinea pig and test out all the jars in Magic Dust and tell me which one makes ya sick, and which one stuns ya. My Nalfein is going to fill an entire locker full of that shit.

Kitsun
04-01-2005, 06:11 PM
I went third class and I hit 13 merchants for services. And I won a raffle.

The alter that took me the most energy to talk to the merchant into was definately this one:
an oaken arrow-shaped sign
SHOW:
Carved in intricate script onto the sign are the words, "I'm With Stupid"

Asha
04-01-2005, 06:29 PM
<----- 3rd class - 10 services.

+ I wasn't even there half the time.

Stunseed
04-01-2005, 06:58 PM
21 services, and one black ora weapon.

Best thing I got altered was ( as lame as it is ) Stunseed's first steps into actual formal wear. As nice as it is to have one outfit, Stun certainly looks different now. Oh, and I got another feature alter.

StrayRogue
04-01-2005, 07:04 PM
32 services, including three feature alterations, two lightenings, some crit padding and a load of script adding.

FinisWolf
04-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Best thing I got on the cruise...

... MARRIED! Finally!

Dartoc rings... (for my girl and I)

... One large, multifaceted diamond sits at the center of a simple rounded gold band. Descending from either side of the mounting are twin channels of iridescent opal ending at a small round brilliant lilac glimaerstone.
There appears to be something written on it.

In the Common language, it reads:
"Two Became One... Finally -- 27th Day of Charlatos in the Year 5105." ...

The special Locket... (wedding present to my girl)

... bonded to me ...

An altered profession runestaff... (wedding present to my girl)

... I don't recall its exact description ...

... my signature verb ...

... threw a pocket on a 7X shield (and maintained the desc and the show it had) ...

... Unlocked a holy falchion ...

And even more so then ALL that (ECEPT my wedding) was the quests, I enjoyed each and every one!

Finiswolf

SpunGirl
04-01-2005, 07:44 PM
I got some skirts from Mavikia, a corset I really uber-wanted, and a bunch of other crap. The best off-the-shelf item had to be either the scripted hairstuffs or the writeable books.

>tap cor
You tap a heavy ivory damask corset.
>l cor
Cut from heavy, rich ivory damask, this corset is sculpted with slender lengths of strong whale-bone for support. The neckline dips in a modest curve from the capped sleeves and is shot through with a length of cream-hued satin ribbon, which terminates in a dainty bow above the garment's bust.

-K

StrayRogue
04-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Yes, the hairstuffs were awesome.

Tromp
04-02-2005, 05:50 AM
so those of you who received tons of alters etc... what tool or strategy helped you in achieving this?

StrayRogue
04-02-2005, 06:24 AM
Highlights, and a decent map.

Jolena
04-02-2005, 03:48 PM
24 Services, including my feature alteration.

Coolest things were being married on the ship with the neat new verbs, our new wedding rings from Dartoc, the bonded armband for Michiko that Jo had done and my wizards new profession based and actioned/altered runestaff. Oh and I had dual flares of acid and cold added to my khopesh.

SpunGirl
04-02-2005, 04:32 PM
I really didn't merchant hound a lot, and I'd estimate that I got about 15 services. A lot of them I happened to walk into and they had really short lines, or there was the day that Darynth, Fiendish and Dhelgrim were all altering in one room. After I got an alteration by Fiendish, Darynth did a pair of dice for me. I returned abotu four hours later and Dhelgrim said he'd spin for two more, I was one of them. Just by chance.

The longest I waited was FOUR FREAKING HOURS for Elynnia to alter my wrap. She took forever... she did 25 people in four hours. Part of it, I'd guess, was adjusting all the scripts those wraps have (I hope, otherwise she just sucks at altering). The other part of it was that she took 20 minutes to dick around with some guy's dead penguin toy, which was just plain irritating. But that's the only complaint I had about the boat.

-K

FinisWolf
04-02-2005, 05:12 PM
I also add sound to my highlight strings for GM's, so if I am away from my computer, I will hear the log-on, and yes, I turn log-on on for events.

Finiswolf

Ren
04-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Hmm... I think the "best" thing I was able to recieve on the ship was, like others have said, dual cold and acid flares added to Ode's beloved falchion. Now it's practically perfect: an ebon-sheened vultite falchion inset with luminous moonstone

I managed to get a rockin' postcard made: A young sylvan poses on a beach, wearing a green bathing suit and a seagrass sunhat. One arm is akimbo, fist on hip, while the other holds her hat in place. One foot is propped on a chunk of rock, and, around her waist, a belt secures an obsidian axe, which is dirty from recent work. The palm trees are nearly parallel with the ground due to high winds, and a mass of forlorn companions sulk near the surf, awaiting their return to a distant ship.

"Odevalis Enjoys The Holiday, Even If It Kills Her"

Next would be some chopines altered to be a bit more reader-digestable for another character of mine: a pair of rattan thong sandals set on carved pattens

Outside those three things, I also managed to have a necklace perfumed and altered, Ode's shield made zesty and given a show description finally (had the base done YEARS ago), got a blessing sheath fully recharged along with an enhancer gift and ruby amulet.

So I guess thats.. six merchant services? 3rd class. I spent most of the weekend doing the quests, they ROCKED -- even the digging, heh.

My one and only dissapointment are the dual sheath belts. I got one for one of my other chars, but tested it on the boat with a falchion and dagger. I was ECSTATIC (sp?), I actually SQUEALED because I've found it a huge pain to not be able to use GIRD with two weapons. Upon getting it over to the other char though, her katars would not fit into it. I've posted to the forums, and written GM Naos, no reply yet... I so hope that they are globally fixed to allow katars, and sais.

Ren

HouseofElves
04-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Hrm the best thing I *got* was the elemental. I have been wanting a wind elemental basically since I created Uni.

The best things I purchased were probably the journals you can actually write in and the items from all tressed up.

My favorite things that I had altered for myself were

an eahnor-set ruic composite bow
The carefully layered ruic of this bow has been washed with a coat of nearly translucent silver that allows just a hint of the natural red of the wood to gleam through. Further accenting the hint of scarlet, brilliantly polished eahnor nocks are set at either end of the bow. Pulling the bow taut, the bowstring of double-wound crimson silk matches the eahnor flawlessly. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

It was just my 5x bow and now it suits Uni perfectly.

a delicate triple-strand neckchain suspending a lilac glimaerstone sphere caged in silver mesh

That was made by Caliolia the perfume lady. It's just my Nalfein to a "T".

I was also able to make a couple of nice gifts and got some as well.

Vixen
04-05-2005, 06:49 PM
I don't know how many things I got done total.. last time I counted it was around 15 or so, and I wasn't around a whole lot apart from the initial first 2 days.
My favorite thing that I got altered was probably the writable journal, which very few people would understand, but its one of those things that will mean a ton to Kasia:
You remove an embroidered silk-bound book from in your spidersilk cloak.
>look book
Bound from pale green silk, this slightly faded book shows clear signs of loving use. Stitched into the pristine fabric by an obviously inexperienced hand are numerous willow leaves, each slightly watermarked as if a teardrop had touched each one as it was formed. Bound into the book are pages of pale vellum.

Its not the best or fanciest alter around. But I'm fond of it. I didn't get any uber weapons or armor or anything else done, mostly clothing and fluff. I didn't even flock to Nalea, and I'm sellin the original Nalea I had anyhow, but I had a ton of fun. Highlighting merchants and having people around who knew how to get from A to B lightning fast definitely helped.

Other than that I had a blast with the company I kept for the duration, that made the cruise for me too

HouseofElves
04-05-2005, 07:17 PM
When was the book lady around? Most likely while I was digging but I'd kinda like to know.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-05-2005, 07:36 PM
My favorite, right down to the butcher paper pages...

You tap a tattered wirebound compendium.
>look comp
With a cover of black leather reinforced with veniom wire, the compendium is thick and sturdy, which is lucky considering the amount of wear and tear it appears to have survived. The back cover bears a small, heavily indented footprint, as though the book has been used for a stepstool in times of need, and the front is blotched with dark ale stains and several dried flecks of jam. The title is embossed in a child-like scrawl which reads, "Tayvin's Compendium of Spells, Recipes, and Good Places to Sleep." Bound into the compendium are pages of white butcher-paper.

Ren
04-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Vixen
You remove an embroidered silk-bound book from in your spidersilk cloak.
>look book
Bound from pale green silk, this slightly faded book shows clear signs of loving use. Stitched into the pristine fabric by an obviously inexperienced hand are numerous willow leaves, each slightly watermarked as if a teardrop had touched each one as it was formed. Bound into the book are pages of pale vellum.

I think that is a wonderful alteration, and makes me very curious about it. I mean, I take it the intended construction is not by Merchant Soandso, but that there's a story behind it somewhere.

DCSL
04-06-2005, 01:30 AM
I got thirty-seven services done, including three feature alters, Nalea gown, et cetera.

My favorite off-the-shelf items were the parasol/staff/cane thingies that turned into OHE weapons, with scripts for both forms. Just too freakin' cool.

My favorite alteration I got... I'm tied.

a pair of slick mirror-lensed spectacles (I realize these are OOG in a big way but I couldn't help myself.)
Glistening platinum forms a thin wire frame for the spectacles, giving almost as clear a reflection as the lenses themselves. Meticulous polishing has ensured the lenses remain scratch-free and mirror-like, giving nothing away of what might be behind them.

a sleek eahnor aishan head pauldron
Several tones and shades of eahnor have been used to form the pauldron, and thick spidersilk straps are meant to secure it to the shoulder. The aishan's head shape, from narrow muzzle to flared ruff, has been distorted beyond even its normal demonic countenance; the wolfish face has far too many sharp teeth and a sinuous jointed tongue serves to curl around the wearer's arm. The demon's eyes are particularly well done, rendered in a range of metals designed to distort a viewer's mirrored image.

I had a semi-hard time getting the mirror-lensed spectacles done, but the first merchant refused it because of the scripts on the specs, supposedly, so I dunno. Got 'em on the second merchant. Had no problem getting the pauldron done.

My biggest irritation as far as merchants were the newbie (I'm guessing they're new) GMs who tell me that my short long alterations have to fit 15/15/15. What a load of crap. I wanted a pair of narrow pin-striped black wool breeches. Noooooo. The merchant said, and I quote, "Long alterations don't have to fit 15/15/15 but they shouldn't stomp all over it." What?! That's why we have long alterations, because they don't fit! Argh. I'm still irritated by that.

Anyway, my techniques for merchant-hunting involve maps, having a good memory for shop details (you get that later in the week after exploring), and the chat room. Yes, that's OOC, but many of the people that've posted so far used it too. I'm surprised I'm the first to mention the chat room, or maybe I just missed it. I dunno, but it was a nice help.

[Edited on 4-6-2005 by DCSL]

Warriorbird
04-06-2005, 07:08 AM
Nice service count and kinda cute pauldron. I got love for the aishan.

StrayRogue
04-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Those anal bastards wouldn't let me use any demon parts. Typical example of how useless the altering forces are at setting a standard and sticking to it.

Amaron
04-06-2005, 08:16 AM
The book lady was about umm sometime saturday and NO ONE was there I announced it several times Just Tolwynn and I spent time talking with her.

Was nice acually. I know she was about one other time but I couldn't find her.

The books are cool as can be.

J

Stunseed
04-06-2005, 08:30 AM
< I know she was about one other time but I couldn't find her. >

Pandiqa had a death in the family Monday night ( I think ). She took a list of folks, and to my knowledge, hasn't gotten to any of them yet.

Amaron
04-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Stunseed
< I know she was about one other time but I couldn't find her. >

Pandiqa had a death in the family Monday night ( I think ). She took a list of folks, and to my knowledge, hasn't gotten to any of them yet.

OH NO!
Thats terrible.

Aww hugs to her. I love her GM.