PDA

View Full Version : The downside to owning a black ora weapon.

Stunseed
04-01-2005, 03:39 AM
Mekthros says, "Hold still, ranger."
>
Mekthros rummages through an ebon black scroll satchel and removes a faded scroll from in it.
>
Mekthros raises his faded scroll and gestures.
Sparks begin to fly between the faded scroll and Mekthros's fingers.
With a sudden burst of enthusiasm, the sparks jump into Mekthros's hand and he seems to glow with power.
>
Mekthros gestures at you.
The bastard sword pulses rhythmically as it absorbs the magic.

The shadow begins to twist violently, and a tendril of shadow wraps around your throat.
... 30 points of damage!
Vertebrae ripped from body! Your head falls into shoulders.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

pwn3d.

OreoElf
04-01-2005, 03:59 AM
pwn3d.

Yeoch. Definite drawbacks... any idea wtf he cast at you?

Sean
04-01-2005, 04:03 AM
Bless I believe.

Drew
04-01-2005, 04:28 AM
Stunseed and Mekthros secretly LOVE each other. I know it.

All the blustering is just to hide that fact from Jolena.

Kitsun
04-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Heh!

So any cleric that wants to gank you can now just keep casting bless at you?

Thats hilarious!

YancyDC
04-01-2005, 10:40 AM
That's a great feature on that. I saw a post about them on the official boards, very cool. Have you gotten death crits from the flares?

Parkbandit
04-01-2005, 10:40 AM
That will SO be fixed.

The Korean
04-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Better abuse the hell out of it before it does get fixed.

Stunseed
04-01-2005, 10:56 AM
< Have you gotten death crits from the flares? >

I've only got to hunt with it once. Exploring the Wastes, it decided it was going to flare....On Stun. I will post snippets of it in action in a day or two.

Stunseed
04-02-2005, 11:30 PM
So far so good....

You swing a black ora bastard sword at a mountain ogre!
AS: +158 vs DS: +109 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +29 = +108
... and hit for 3 points of damage!
Quick feint to the mountain ogre's right foot.
Little extra damage.
V9 is 63, V8 is 18

** As you land your blow, the shadows surrounding the bastard sword begin to swirl like a miniature vortex. The greenish-black essence batters the mountain ogre! **

It is wrenched to the ground in a sickening thud!
... 30 points of damage!
The mountain ogre's stomach muscles explode violently.
The mountain ogre is stunned!

You swing a black ora bastard sword at a mountain ogre!
AS: +158 vs DS: +118 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +56 = +126
... and hit for 13 points of damage!
Blow leaves an imprint on the mountain ogre's chest!
V9 is 94, V8 is 17

** As you strike the mountain ogre, the shadows surrounding his bastard sword swirl off and strike! **
... 10 points of damage!
The mountain ogre's stomach muscles jerk uncontrollably.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

More coming in a bit.

Artha
04-02-2005, 11:34 PM
V9 is 63, V8 is 18

V9 is 94, V8 is 17
:?: :?: :?:

Suppa Hobbit Mage
what the heck is the v9, v8?

Stunseed
Hell if I know.

Jolena
04-03-2005, 12:07 AM
From our hunt in Darkstone.

Stunseed swings a black ora bastard sword at a massive troll king!
AS: +433 vs DS: +229 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +85 = +314
... and hits for 76 points of damage!
Right kneecap smashed into pulp.
The troll king is knocked to the ground!
The guiding force leaves Stunseed.
V9 is 52, V8 is 16

** A low moaning emenates from Stunseed's bastard sword as the shadows swirl off and surround the troll king, assaulting it with flashes of greenish-black essence! **
... 25 points of damage!
The troll king's spinal cord swells, causing momentary paralysis.

Back
04-03-2005, 12:15 AM
That weapon has well written effects.

Stunseed
04-03-2005, 12:16 AM
You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
With instinctive motions, you weave to and fro striking with deliberate and unrelenting fury!
You swing a black ora bastard sword at a Sheruvian harbinger!
AS: +352 vs DS: +218 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +95 = +260
... and hit for 37 points of damage!
Slash to the Sheruvian harbinger's shield arm!
Shears off a thin layer of skin!
AS: +352 vs DS: +253 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +89 = +219
... and hit for 23 points of damage!
Slash to the Sheruvian harbinger's shield arm.
Strike trims off a few fingernails.
V9 is 95, V8 is 19

** As you strike the Sheruvian harbinger, the shadows surrounding his bastard sword swirl off and strike! **
... 25 points of damage!
Blood in the Sheruvian harbinger's right eye boils. Red steam rises from socket.

AS: +358 vs DS: +233 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +44 = +200
... and hit for 26 points of damage!
Torn muscle in the Sheruvian harbinger's right leg!
V9 is 59, V8 is 19

** As you strike the Sheruvian harbinger, the shadows surrounding his bastard sword swirl off and strike! **
... 30 points of damage!
The Sheruvian harbinger's ears swell, bursting its eardrums.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

FinisWolf
04-03-2005, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Kitsun
Heh!

So any cleric that wants to gank you can now just keep casting bless at you?

Thats hilarious!

That was my exact comment. Kill all the black ora owners with a NON-warding bless spell ...

CCccc-Ya!

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
04-03-2005, 03:35 AM
Seriously though, it seems to be a really cool weapon, with really cool scripts..., to bad the owners are selling, cause I would never sell an item like that...

Hell! If I didn't already have a char for that weapon, I would create one..., or three... ::chuckle::

Finiswolf

Latrinsorm
04-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Stunseed
It is wrenched to the ground in a sickening thud! Might wanna typo that one.

Now then, does it show V9 and V8 whether it flares or not? (Yes, I know I'm a total mechanics nerd.)

It really rox0rz. I wonder what it could do in the hands of a follower of a Dark God with haste. :)

drigore
04-03-2005, 01:08 PM
As you strike the Sheruvian harbinger, the shadows surrounding HIS bastard sword swirl off and strike!

Might want to typo that as well, shouldn't be HIS from your eyes.

Fallen
04-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Of course that weapon has well written flares...IT FLARES WITH THE SPELL OF MANA DISRUPT...

Cool sword, but all the credit goes to MD on that one.

Pallon
04-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Nice flares, 1030 also has that messaging.

Did they only raffle edged weapons or what?

Sylph
04-03-2005, 07:21 PM
I heard about a Maul, Bastard Sword, Flamberge, Katar...

Stunseed
04-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Longsword and Katar have already sold out.

IF I sell, I imagine my price will be about what Ardwen sells the maul for. Right now, I'm having too much fun. I'd prolly need a weapon of equal nice-ness or something truly interesting to pry it out of my hands.

Ardwen
04-03-2005, 08:06 PM
winners chose the weapon type they wanted. My wife won amusingly and picked maul with a bit of a nudge, rather see it used then sit in my locker thiugh.

Ardwen

CB is at 10m anyway

AnticorRifling
04-03-2005, 08:23 PM
She shoulda picked lance.

Jolena
04-03-2005, 09:30 PM
The shadows darken and lengthen from Stunseed's bastard sword and wrap around his hand.

The shadows surrounding Stunseed's hand begins darken and contricts savagely!
P0 hand swells and turns purple, then explodes in a shower of blood!
... 20 points of damage!
Bones from several fingers driven through Stunseed's skin.
He is stunned!
As Stunseed waves the bastard sword around, shadows swirl from it, momentarily obscuring Stunseed from view. A sibilant hiss is heard from within the gloom.

Hehehehe.

Stunseed
04-03-2005, 09:58 PM
The bastard sword in your hand pulses as waves of evil emenate from it.
Roundtime 30 sec.

No clue what this one is.

Jolena
04-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Stunseed swings a black ora bastard sword at a stone giant!
AS: +396 vs DS: +125 with AvD: +13 + d100 roll: +8 = +292
... and hits for 39 points of damage!
Quick slash to the stone giant's upper left arm!
Just a nick.
V9 is 26, V8 is 18

** As Stunseed strikes the stone giant, the shadows surrounding his bastard sword swirl off and strike! **
... 15 points of damage!
The stone giant's right leg jerks momentarily.

Apparently we can see the V9 and V8 things as well

Jolena
04-03-2005, 10:24 PM
d focused.
In a breathtaking display of agility and combat mastery, Stunseed whirls in a fury of unrelenting strikes and ripostes!
Stunseed swings a black ora bastard sword at a stone giant! A hit!
Slashing strike near forehead nicks an eyelid!
That must sting!
V9 is 22, V8 is 19

** As Stunseed strikes the stone giant, the shadows surrounding his bastard sword swirl off and strike! **
... 20 points of damage!
Blood vessels in the stone giant's forehead burst, spraying blood everywhere.
The stone giant is stunned!

I just kinda like that one hah.

Lockrebezz
04-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Sent Khaladon and email asking him about some more information on the black ora weapons and this is what he has replied with:

i doubt everyone has seen every curse option yet...

Is like 21 of them, and they all random, and they only happen on a random roll if they dont get the normal default.

Doubt all the lazy actions been seen.

Is a bunch of flare messages...

No one has posted they figured out the perm enchancement/perm disability yet.

Is a lot of them...

~K

Stunseed
04-04-2005, 08:14 PM
I've just been posting snippets of it in action.

I have no clue of its perm effects/curse. I know drinking potions is gonna get expensive, though.

Lockrebezz
04-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Ahh, I just keep it in my right hand and throw all my boxes in the locker until I get quite a few(more than to pay for a potion) and pull em all out and pick em.

Gizmo
04-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Any of you guys know about the zests on it, activation ones of course..Only know wave and poke thus far :)

04-06-2005, 03:58 PM
They should really reverse that "bless" effect on the black ora weapons. If anyone should get hit, shouldn't it be the cleric attempting to bless the blade?

I think that would make more sense, and is far less subject to abuse.

Snapp
04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
That actually does make more sense, T&S. The caster should be hurt definitely, with maybe a chance of hurting the weapon holder.

Stunseed
04-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Khaladon made some fixes. At my current bond level, 2 more scripts are into effect.

The bastard sword pulses in your hand, as if seeking something.
As you raise your bastard sword, the shadows swirl upward and race off of it and ascend high above, darkening the room. After a moment, they recede and return to the sword which flickers with pulses of greenish-black essence.

>touch my sword
You touch the bastard sword cautiously. The shadows swirl around your hand, caressing it.

poke my sword
You run a finger down the shadows enveloping your sword. The shadows writhe and surround your hand momentarily in a fiercely cold embrace, then recede to surround the sword.

>wave my sword
As you wave the bastard sword in the air, the shadows swirl off the bastard sword obscuring you from view momentarily. A sibilant hiss is heard from within the gloom.

Gizmo
04-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Khaladon pretty much told me the entire weapons are reeking of randomness. There is no bonding levels and so on. If you want Stun, I'll send you my log from our conversation in IM

hectomaner
04-08-2005, 03:58 PM
and he said the the feature that it hurts you badly when someone blesses you was intentional. thats awesome

Stunseed
04-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Loresong from a decent level Bard, mine was not old enough to control it.

Galenok sings:

"Ora black on sword so sharp
Sing to me now yer lore as I do harp"

Galenok says, "You can see the dwarf laboring over a hot iron forge. He mops his brow continually as he pumps the bellows then returns to the anvil, coaxing a weapon from the white-hot black Soon, the ora takes the form of the business part of the bastard sword. He plunges it into a barrel of softly smoking oil, then another of a strange glowing substance, and then finally into a barrel of congealed blood. He cackles madly as a shadow slowly takes form around it which soon twines around his hand."

Galenok sings:

"Ora sword so black to hide at night
Sing to me more of yourself beneath my sight"

Galenok says, "Your inner vision once again focuses on the scarred dwarf, carefully polishing the black ora sword before handing it to an emaciated mage with hollowed white eye sockets. He incants over the bastard sword and looks pleased. He raises it to the sky and shadows swirl around and a bolt of greenish-black lightning cracks over it causing the mist to scatter and then reform. The dwarf and the mage both laugh manically."

The shadows surrounding Galenok's bastard sword swirl around and a low murmuring can be faintly heard.

Galenok sings:

"Twisted sword of pain and curse so strong
Speak to me now all about ye as I sing yer song"

Galenok says, "The scene shifts as the emaciated mage incants powerful charms over the the bastard sword. He cackles incessently as he waves the sword, but suddenly shadows detach themselves from the wall and surround the mage, as the mist assaults him, shadowy fangs plunge repeatedly into his body, his mouth open in silent scream. The mists slowly fade away and with them, the bastard sword vanishes."

Galenok sings:

"Sword of blackest metal fine
Sing to me where ye went and what's inside thine"

Galenok says, "That is all..."

You say, "Wow.."

The end.

Gizmo
04-10-2005, 12:53 AM
I coulda pasted you that Loresong earlier ;)

hectomaner
04-11-2005, 03:34 PM
heh, not the full loresong. i'll post what i got in a second. gonna need some tactile maneuveres since my boss is up on my ass today

hectomaner
04-11-2005, 03:38 PM
1st verse

Your vision clouds over and a scene unfolds before you. The image of a scarred dwarf in leathers laboring deep in a dark, dank mine, grunting as he extracts precious black ora ore. Orcs goblins, and other slaves load the precious ore and push the cart towards a towering smelter. An oversized troll cracks a weighted scourge as the miners pass, tearing skin, leather and fur with equal ease. Most of the miners are criss-crossed with scars and most have fresh, bloody weals.

2nd verse

You can see the dwarf laboring over a hot iron forge. He mops his brow continually as he pumps the bellows then returns to the anvil, coaxing a weapon from the white-hot black Soon, the ora takes the form of the business part of the black ora maul. He plunges it into a barrel of softly smoking oil, then another of a strange glowing substance, and then finally into a barrel of congealed blood. He cackles madly as a shadow slowly takes form around it which soon twines around his hand.

3rd verse

Your inner vision once again focuses on the scarred dwarf, carefully polishing the black ora maul before handing it to an emaciated mage with hollowed white eye sockets. He incants over the black ora maul and looks pleased. He raises it to the sky and shadows swirl around and a bolt of greenish-black lightning cracks over it causing the mist to scatter and then reform. The dwarf and the mage both laugh manically.

4th verse

The scene shifts as the emaciated mage incants powerful charms over the the black ora maul. He cackles incessently as he waves the maul, but suddenly shadows detach themselves from the wall and surround the mage, as the mist assaults him, shadowy fangs plunge repeatedly into his body, his mouth open in silent scream. The mists slowly fade away and with them, the black ora maul vanishes.

looks like he just missed out on the 1st verse