PDA

View Full Version : Racial Outfits

petroglyph
04-01-2005, 01:38 AM
So, the guide to racial costuming has been out for a while now. Anyone put together any good outfits following the guidelines for a specific race that they'd like to show off?

Nilandia
04-01-2005, 02:22 AM
Working on it! I'm still piecing together some elements for Arasan's outfit, since I got a couple alters on the cruise. Nilandia's outfits are always changing, too, including alters on the cruise. Bug me in a couple days, and I'll see what I can dig up.

Nilandia

Hips
04-01-2005, 02:24 AM
"The noble women of Tamzyrr dress in long gowns with full skirts and a tightly boned bodice. The neck of the bodice is cut low and straight across the chest, with pieces of what is usually a sheer fabric cut to cover the shoulders while leaving the center of the neck and chest bare. A high collar likewise encircles all but the front of the neck, topped with a goffered ruff. The sleeves, cut in curved triangles long enough to brush the ground, are bordered at the top with puffs of fabric and finished at the hem with scallops or trim. Hats are not usually worn, with much attention instead being paid to the coiffure. For those who desire some form of head covering, a sheer veil tucked into the shoulders suffices. Pearls are used as jewelry and as embellishment by both sexes."

Michiko has a gown with front split-skirt, an underskirt with "a lavishly embroidered forepart", and a partlet that matches the description... I have yet to make her neck and wrist ruffs though. Once I have them I'll post the completed outfit.

[Edited on 4-1-2005 by GS3 Michiko]

Wezas
04-01-2005, 10:09 AM
On Topic:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9806/27/dragging.death.02/grand.dragon.jpg

Edaarin
04-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Soulpieced and I came up with a pretty funny outfit for titled clerics (e.g., Brothers).

Kitsun
04-01-2005, 10:30 AM
*boggles*

Someone link the racial costuming site?

Nilandia
04-01-2005, 10:56 AM
http://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/costumes/home.asp

I got to see Mitra's work at SimuCon 2004. Absolutely lovely!

Nilandia

04-01-2005, 12:14 PM
I didn't know you were at the meeting, Wezas. Good to see you've finally seen the light. Just remember to live by the values and maybe, someday, YOU'LL be the Grand Wizard!

- Arkans

Wezas
04-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
I didn't know you were at the meeting, Wezas. Good to see you've finally seen the light. Just remember to live by the values and maybe, someday, YOU'LL be the Grand Wizard!

- Arkans

Jesus, noone told me how hot it gets under this thing in the summer time.

AnticorRifling
04-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Great they made the giantmen look like American Indians.....

Such bullshit.

04-01-2005, 12:36 PM
And Half-Krolvin look like Eskimos. Dark Elf isn't too bad though.

- Arkans

Skeeter
04-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Dwarves are vikings now? :(

04-01-2005, 12:44 PM
They've always been Vikings.

- Arkans

Nilandia
04-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Just wish I could get a guy to wear leggings at least once. I think they're incredibly sexy. Kilts are easier, though. :D

Nilandia

Hips
04-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Nilandia
Just wish I could get a guy to wear leggings at least once. I think they're incredibly sexy. Kilts are easier, though. :D

Nilandia

I think if Jaysehn ever wore leggings, Michiko would die and go to heaven. :lol:

Hips
04-01-2005, 03:04 PM
You see Lady Michiko Lawyk the Woodswoman.
She appears to be a Half-Sylvan.
She appears to have come of age and short. She has long-lashed, expressive twilight blue eyes and flawless, creamy skin. She has long, silky raven black hair that flows down her back, curling at the tips to brush against her hips. She has a finely contoured aristocratic face, an upturned nose and petite, delicate ears that taper to slight points.
She has a series of intricately etched slender silver rings in the ridges of both her ears.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a silver circlet inset with black pearls, sheer white gossamer silk partlet, a split-skirt scarlet velvet gown, a black sarcanet skirt with a lavishly embroidered forepart, and some low-heeled ebon moire silk slippers.

Partlet: Both sides of this elegant partlet are adorned with slender silk ribbons, allowing the wearer to securely tie the garment under each arm. The front of the partlet is open from upper torso to the high ruffed neckband, where it is clasped with a trio of black pearl buttons. Delicate whitework embroidery in an intricate floral pattern covers the entire garment.

Gown: Sewn from heavy velvet, this elegant gown has been hand-tailored to tightly fit the upper body and has a narrow v-shaped waist cut to subtly accent the hips. Split in the center, the skirt otherwise falls to the floor in graceful pleats, a short oval-shaped train trailing behind. Fastening the front of the stiffly boned bodice, black pearl buttons lead from the low, square neckline to the slender waist.

Just need ruffs now!

African American
04-01-2005, 03:20 PM
You see African American the Dark Elf.
He appears to be an African-Elanthian.
He appears to be in the prime of life and is very tall. He has bright white but very bloodshot eyes, and flawed, dark skin. He has a large black afro which flows outward from his head, curling at the tips to make water just slide off. He has a finely contoured aristocratic face, a large flat nose and petite, delicate ears that taper to slight points.
He has a series of intricately etched gold teeth.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a Colt 45 in his right hand, and a Best Value brand cigarette in his left hand.
He is wearing a large silver clock inset with fake diamonds around his neck, a white tank top, a sideways turned cap, a split pair of pants spattered with white paint and holes in the knees, and some stolen Air Jordans.

Shari
04-01-2005, 04:43 PM
He has a large black afro which flows outward from his head, curling at the tips to make water just slide off.

DOFL

Darnell
04-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by African American
You see African American the Dark Elf.
He appears to be an African-Elanthian.
He appears to be in the prime of life and is very tall. He has bright white but very bloodshot eyes, and flawed, dark skin. He has a large black afro which flows outward from his head, curling at the tips to make water just slide off. He has a finely contoured aristocratic face, a large flat nose and petite, delicate ears that taper to slight points.
He has a series of intricately etched gold teeth.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a Colt 45 in his right hand, and a Best Value brand cigarette in his left hand.
He is wearing a large silver clock inset with fake diamonds around his neck, a white tank top, a sideways turned cap, a split pair of pants spattered with white paint and holes in the knees, and some stolen Air Jordans.

Correction, that should be a freshly bummed Newport 100 and we're stealing Lebrons now, not Jordans.

D
"And you forgot the afro pick"

African American
04-01-2005, 11:48 PM
I've been trying to get an afro pick, but none of the merchants will make one for me, and they said that Lebron shoes and Newport cigarettes were too OOC to create :(

Stanley Burrell
02-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Bump, because I live in Connecticut.