PDA

View Full Version : Deeding Rsen (previously Xcalibur)

Skirmisher
09-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur

Originally posted by Snapp
Weren't you perma-banned for deeding Rsen, Xcalibur? Did you pull a Sean and make a come-back in a new body?

No ban, no warning, no pulling, not even a simple whisper from a gm

Guess I did the perfect crime or I didn't had any part in it

There's a topic about it, already, you can revive it. Have a nice day:bouncy:

Even better, a new thread.

Not so much about Rsen, but about you.

Why would you want to do what you did to someone like that? Was it revenge for something they did to you in or out of GS? Or did you just get off having the power to destroy someone elses work?

[Edited the thread to reflect the topic and to not pinpoint it to just one person.]

[Edited on 9/20/2003 by CrystalTears]

Xcalibur
09-18-2003, 08:33 PM
I'm about to listen to anger management

All I have to add about this subject is this:

I won't say anything without the presence of my lawyer

:roll:

End of discussion for me

Snapp
09-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Because it will basically be all lies like in the Rsen thread.

ravinlloonitik
09-19-2003, 08:05 PM
yep i saw that too

Drew2
09-19-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by ravinlloonitik
yep i saw that too
Hey Ravinlloonitik.... have you ever crashed a scooter?

Just wondering.

HarmNone
09-19-2003, 09:14 PM
Is it absolutely certain that Xcalibur was the one who deeded Rsen? If so, how is it certain?

HarmNone wonders

Skirmisher
09-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Is it absolutely certain that Xcalibur was the one who deeded Rsen? If so, how is it certain?

HarmNone wonders

Well, I don't see how it could possibly be certain.

What I have not seen is a flat denial as yet.

What I have seen, smug, smarmy non-denial replies.

I just fail to see the humor in the destruction of someone elses work. :thumbsdown:

HarmNone
09-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
Well, I don't see how it could possibly be certain.

What I have not seen is a flat denial as yet.

What I have seen, smug, smarmy non-denial replies.

I just fail to see the humor in the destruction of someone elses work. :thumbsdown:

I absolutely agree. If it was Xcalibur who deeded Rsen, that is reprehensible, to say the least. Rsen, as I remember her, was a very sweet person, not that anyone deserves that kind of treatment. I just wondered if it was known for sure that he did it.

Xcalibur, perhaps you could clear this up for me?

HarmNone

Betheny
09-20-2003, 12:32 AM
No one can say for sure what happened, but one can say for sure that Simutronics will blame Rsen's player for what happened, as it's always the fault of the victim.

HarmNone
09-20-2003, 12:41 AM
If Rsen gave her password to someone, it is her fault, I am afraid. All players are warned, and warned, and warned NOT to give out their passwords. Those who do it anyway often pay a terrible price.

Now, is it solely Rsen's fault? Not on your life. Whoever did such a dispicable thing would make pond scum look good.

HarmNone

Betheny
09-20-2003, 12:45 AM
The blame gets shifted, either way. If you live in a sealed glass box, no one's going to steal from you unless you give them a glass cutter. Giving someone the glass cutter is a risk; and if you're willing to take it, you have to accept the consequences.

HarmNone
09-20-2003, 12:52 AM
I do not see the blame as shifted so much as shared. If you give your password to another, and that other uses it in a malicious way, you pay the price for your naivete. Hopefully, the "other" will pay a price, as well. Sometimes it works out that way, and sometimes it does not. Yet, I believe that those who are needlessly cruel to others will pay a price sooner or later. What price, we may never know.

HarmNone

Betheny
09-20-2003, 12:56 AM
Simutronics says, "Don't give out your password." That means when something bad does happen, they are (in theory) blameless, and not responsible for the apprehension of the perpetrator. It's a cop out, if you ask me, and is much like saying to a robbery victim, "You should have put your money in the safe," or to a rape victim, "You shouldn't dress suggestively." Although I realize the comparison is pretty nil, it's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

HarmNone
09-20-2003, 01:05 AM
When Simutronics told me not to give out my password, I listened. It made sense to me. Yes, it protects them in cases such as that of Rsen, but it would have protected Rsen, as well.

HarmNone

DCSL
09-20-2003, 01:29 AM
I too, listened to Simutronics' warning. I don't share my password with ANYONE. Even when I wanted my boyfriend to start playing (failed, damnit!) I got him his own account with his own password and never shared mine. And you want to know the really great thing? He never asked for it.

Kurili
09-20-2003, 06:26 AM
I dont suppose this is the time to mention Simu HAS recently restored a character that was destroyed by someone else. Whether the player had recently shared his password, I dont know, and I'm sure not many do for sure. But that he had shared it in the past is known. So it does happen that Simu may restore a character. There is at least one precedent.

Acolyte Kurili

HarmNone
09-20-2003, 01:24 PM
I think the PTB check to see how many times a log-in was attempted. If it is attempted too many times, they figure it was a hack and are more amenable to restoration of the character. I do not know if that is what happened in the recent case, but it could be, I suppose.

Whoever did it is the lowest of the low. That person, as Daina says, will pay a price for what they have done.

HarmNone

Solkern
09-20-2003, 01:29 PM
Simu Says that so, if they find out acount sharing was in order..it's less work they have to do, instead of resotring a char, they can simply say sorry we can't you gave out the PW!

Caramia
09-20-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Simutronics says, "Don't give out your password." That means when something bad does happen, they are (in theory) blameless, and not responsible for the apprehension of the perpetrator.

That's not at all what that says, you put far too much of your own prejudice on it, Beth.

It's standard practice for every Internet-based company and system today to remind people that sharing your password does have consequences. It's not a statement that divorces them from responsibility.

I know a couple of folks that were blindly trusting and gave their passwords out to people they shouldn't have. They did pay a price for their stupidity. But the persons responsible did too, mostly because they were stupid enough to come back to us and boast about being locked out or stripped of the money or items they'd taken and sold.

You just assume that Simutronics will do nothing because they tell you nothing about what actions they're taking. That's due to their privacy policy.

We certainly didn't find out who did the dirty deed from a GM or Simu. We learned what happened from the perp. And not all perps are going to be proud of what they did. You'll even find some wanna-be perps taking credit, too.

Rsen
09-20-2003, 03:41 PM
i was indeed ruined and was treated unfairly
The one that did that is very sick and cruel

Kurili
09-20-2003, 05:43 PM
Keep talking/writing to Simu about it, Rsen. It took the one I was talking about close to a year to be restored.

And meanwhile, start another character if you havent already!

Acolyte Kurili

HarmNone
09-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Rsen, dear, it is good to see you posting. I, too, hope you have created another character and are again roaming the land of Elanthia. Just do not share your password with ANYBODY and you will be as safe as it is possible to be, hon.

Do you have any idea who might have done this to you?

HarmNone cares very much about Rsen and is sad to hear what happened

Snapp
09-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Xcalibur did it to her Harm, Simu knows it, and from what I hear, he was perma-banned from Gemstone. That's why I asked if he pulled a Sean, because all of a sudden, he's playing again, and gee, he's hunting rats.

Artha
09-20-2003, 06:36 PM
What exactly did happen? Did Rsen give Xcalibur her password or something?

Snapp
09-20-2003, 06:39 PM
From what I know, yes he did have her password.. and he was offering to pay 1 million silver (or some amount) to someone who would log in and deed her for him.. I don't know if someone did it for him or he ended up doing it himself..but I KNOW he was behind it in the end.

Bestatte
09-20-2003, 06:49 PM
I think Rsen's statement "I was ruined" is just a wee bit over the top.

YOU were "ruined?" How could you possibly be ruined? Even if you had.oh. 15 years invested in your character. Was loved by all. Respected and adored by the staff. The darling of Gemstone...

I mean, come on. Unless you have -no- life of your own outside the fantasy world of a bunch of 1's and 0's, no one can possibly "ruin" you by deeding your character.

Oh and for whoever it was that tried comparing a rape -victim- to giving out passwords.. the victim would be standing on a streetcorner wearing slutty clothes and ASKING people to have sex with her. That's what giving your password out is, in comparison. Not just wearing sexy clothes.

When you give your password out to someone else, you are ASKING them to take over your account. That's why you give them your password in the first place. So they can use your account.

It's common sense, and Simu shouldn't even have to tell you that. The fact that they do shows they realize that some people are just totally brain-dead and need to be reminded to breathe.

Xcalibur
09-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Snapp

Xcalibur did it to her Harm, Simu knows it, and from what I hear, he was perma-banned from Gemstone. That's why I asked if he pulled a Sean, because all of a sudden, he's playing again, and gee, he's hunting rats

From what I know, yes he did have her password.. and he was offering to pay 1 million silver (or some amount) to someone who would log in and deed her for him.. I don't know if someone did it for him or he ended up doing it himself..but I KNOW he was behind it in the end.

I could post the 10 emails i send them and the 9 response i got, i would get a "you altered them" response from you..

I was never ever banned from gs, no pulling in that subject and NO WARNING AT ALL in all the months i did played.

I start again mainly because i sold my last character prior to gs4. I decided to come back just because i think gs4 won't happen. Anyway the reasons why i'm back are not your business, you're just speculating.

I cannot be banned, because my ip is static, and i was never logged to her when she left for vacation (2 days BEFORE the incident). If i had ANYTHING related with this i wouldn't play.

Ask Caels or the other administrator if my ip changed since the begining of this forum.

The answer will be no.

Ask Red devil that got my ip with his cheap trick if it's still the same as it is now

The answer will be yes.

Ask kranar if i still have the same ip when he did his "mysterious" stuff he did

The answer will be yes.

So to prove that, I could log into the game 2 seconds after posting it and it would be a way to show that this ip isn't banned.

I don't know how to change ip, and i think it's illegal anyway. If i was doing stuff here, i would be banned from the computer.

The only possible argument left from you would be I'm an hacker and i got the password that way, i gave it to someone else with 1 million out from no where and possibly deeded her by that way.

That theory is as stupid and irrevelant as if i would say:

The deeder is Snapp, he knows more than the possibly deeder.

Scott
09-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Number 1, your IP is not static. It's very similar because you are using a network, but it's not static. Now, there is a VERY easy way to settle this. Why don't you go into Gemstone with your new character (oliver is it?) and admit you are your old character. I will have a GM watch and we'll see if they don't pull you because of it. It's a very simple way to prove your innocence.

Snapp
09-20-2003, 07:03 PM
Nice twist on accusations there Xcalibur. I did not say you personally logged in and did it, I do know FOR A FACT that you were asking around for someone to do it FOR YOU. Shortly after (like 10-20 minutes) you were asking around, Rsen's character logged in and killed herself (I was watching/reporting/assisting as it was going on).
As for you being perma-banned, you were telling people that yourself.

Xcalibur
09-20-2003, 07:14 PM
Sorry, i cannot twist accusations nicely, my english sux too much

:bouncy:

Someone's playing with you, Snapp, or you're simply spreading stuff, I NEVER said i was banned, simply because I returned last week or so and get into gs

So now you're saying i NEVER deeded her, but i OFFERED 1 million to get her killed.
Ok... I must had asked a good hacker then.. i'll try with you, what's your account name?

Gemstone101, according to someone i know he's very good in computers, my ip never changed. I don't know now if this forum changed it, but as you said anyway, it is very smiliar (66.131.168.XXX?)

So my "proof" still remains

Gemstone101, i play your game.
I used 2 times the mychar commands concerning your "way to prove your innoncence.

Scott
09-20-2003, 07:18 PM
You claimed to use MYCHAR. How about I log into Gemstone and you admit to me with a GM watching (Which I will take care of) That you were your old character. If you are, I will tell everyone here that the GM's didn't care and that obviously means your character wasn't banned. Are you willing to meet me in game and do it with a GM watching?

HarmNone
09-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Bestatte

Just to interject a bit of helpful knowledge here, Rsen does not express herself very well, Bestatte. I am not sure of all the reasons for this, but it has always been true for Rsen. For that reason, the words she uses to express her feelings are not always fitting. Those of us who know (or knew) Rsen in-game understand this.

HarmNone

Scott
09-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Oh and I'm doing this for your benefit. If you don't get pulled or anything, that obviously proves you weren't banned. That will clear up in everyones mind that you were not banned for deeding Rsen. I'm not out to get you, but this is just a simple way to prove you weren't banned.

HarmNone
09-20-2003, 07:28 PM
From what Snapp has said, I take it that Snapp personally heard Xcalibur say he wanted someone to "deed" Rsen. Unless someone else was playing your character, Xcalibur, somebody here is not telling the truth.

It is beyond me why anybody would have wished to do a thing like this to Rsen's character. I never knew Rsen to be anything but a nice person struggling to learn how to play GemStone3 and have fun with it, just like so many of us have, and do. There is no comprehensible reason for something like this to have been done, yet it was done. I would just like to know why in the bloody halls of hell it WAS done!

If it was Excalibur's player who did this, he is a dispicable coward who deserves no better than he gave to Rsen. If it was not Excalibur's character, it appears that Sintik has given Excalibur's player an excellent way to prove that, once and for all. If it were me, and if I were innocent, I would most definitely take Sintik up on his offer.

HarmNone thinks this whole thing stinks to high heaven

GS4Gurl
09-20-2003, 07:29 PM

Just to interject a bit of helpful knowledge here, Rsen does not express herself very well, Bestatte. I am not sure of all the reasons for this, but it has always been true for Rsen. For that reason, the words she uses to express her feelings are not always fitting. Those of us who know (or knew) Rsen in-game understand this.

HarmNone

When she said she was "ruined" She was referring to her character Rsen being ruined, not herself. eesh Its not that hard to figure out. lol.

GS4Gurl
09-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Anyway, he quite simply could've had a friend who doesn't play GemStone come in and do it. Just give person pw and give them 50 or so bucks for their time and using their computer. How hard is that? That way he can say, "oh no I didn't do it" and not be lying, technically. Who cares about IP addresses... he couldve done it from his friends uncles computer. Whateeever.

Xcalibur
09-20-2003, 07:50 PM
All the gm Eliryan saids even if i said i was playing sallazarre or silthar was that i am not ban and i never got a warning.
I won't post the log because i said very private part and i would alter it (meaning then it's not worth crap) (i could still post it, if anyone wants)

But she wasn't able to say if it was ip related or not

So she told me to write to feedback

I will

Meanwhile gemstone101, I invite you to do a who olivier and see i am in game.

Whenever i get the response from feedback, i'll send it to caels or post it, if someone still trust my integrity :bouncy:

GS4Gurl
09-20-2003, 07:53 PM
He knows Olivier is you in game. He wants you to verbally admit to it out loud so a GM can hear or whatever.

Skirmisher
09-20-2003, 09:41 PM

HarmNone

Is that acceptable to you Bestatte?

Yeesh, you need to relax a bit girl. Sometimes people let others take advantage of them by not thinking, but you don't have to come down on them like a ton of bricks.

Having a bad day or something? First you go nuclear on Maimara then you lay into Rsen.

Perhaps not everyone is as "gifted" as you seem to feel you are with language skills.

Lay off the caffeine of something.

Skirmisher
09-20-2003, 09:47 PM
Xcalibur, you are dodging the question here.

If you are truly innocent then all you have to do is as Sintik said IN HIS PRESENCE please and then you will have cleared up the vast majority of questions being posed to you.

Of course, if you did in fact do this pathetic cowardly thing, for reasons that are still totally unclear to me, then I guess you will find every reason in the world to not take Sintik up on his offer to prove yourself.

Kurili
09-21-2003, 06:20 AM
I met you at con, Rsen. You were a very nice lady, and I'd hate to see you leave GS over this. If you havent, please roll a new character, and keep on communicating with Simu about restorin Rsen.

A new character wont 'be' Rsen, of course, but it'll be a whole new start of enjoying the game.

Acolyte Kurili

Betheny
09-21-2003, 06:28 AM
Kurili, you were at con?!

Kurili
09-21-2003, 06:53 AM
I was. Didnt leave the bar much. Smoking ya know.

Acolyte Kurili

Betheny
09-21-2003, 07:28 AM
I wonder if I met you. I was at the bar pretty frequently for the first day I was there. They ended up dragging me out because they were afraid I was going to die of alcohol poisoning. :COUGH:

Kurili
09-21-2003, 07:46 AM
heh I was with the Plat people. Until it was so rudely kidnapped by PUSSIE terrorists, I was attached to a big pink bunny.

I think I did meet you.

Acolyte Kurili

Kurili
09-21-2003, 07:48 AM
And now...I am one of the PUSSIES, once again! :-)

AK

Fabled
09-21-2003, 08:14 AM
Oh Kurili I could have a field day....but I'll be nice. Just teasin ya ;)

Rsen - What a terrible thing to have happen. I agree with Kurili here, keep writing feedback. As stated before, this exact situation happened - but in Platinum and the character *was* restored to everyone's astonishment. But in the meantime, sulk for as long as you need to. You dont have to justify your feelings to anyone. Unfortunately lessons are learned the hard way. Good luck to you.

Skirmisher
09-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Xcalibur, What makes me feel that you did in fact do this was your lack of a denial initially.

You decided to be a smart ass as if saying nyaa nyaa so what.

Do us all a favor, get a magnifying glass, find your balls and simply prove me wrong as per Sintiks offer and I will apologize profusely.

Judging from your responses thus far, I am not anticipating having to apologize anytime soon though.

GSTamral
09-21-2003, 02:38 PM
well, for one, here's a simple solution. Oliver can come into the game, onto a node with people watching, and publicly admit that he is Xalibur. Let's see if that resolves any of this mess.

His denials seem fishy and skirting of the actual matter at hand. If he was indeed involved with the deeding, well, it tells you all you need to know about his person/character.

"The only thing the french are suited to host is an invasion" Rowan Atkinson