PDA

View Full Version : My mesille heavy crossbow from WD raffle

Satira
04-02-2005, 02:22 AM
I won a mesille heavy crossbow on the Wavedancer, supposedly one of the chaos bows. I'm looking for an archer who is willing to spent some time with me experimenting with it. If you feel you're up to the job IM me at GimmeDatPony ASAP.

Loresong cliffnotes:

You sense a faint aura of magic around the mesille heavy crossbow. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the crossbow is as some type of weapon.

It has a bonus of +25 from a normal crossbow, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in ranged weapons to use effectively. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.

The harmonics generated tell you that the crossbow inflicts more fearsome wounds when it strikes.

ElanthianSiren
04-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Wow that is a sweet bow; you may have a hard time finding any archer old enough to use it though.

Using crossbows at higher levels is dangerous as they require you to kneel, often prompting those planning for the future to go to the regular bow.

Edited to add: not that the archery skill is any different really. At first glance, I thought you were thinking of selling the bow.

-Melissa

[Edited on Sat, April nd, 2005 by ElanthianSiren]

AnticorRifling
04-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
Wow that is a sweet bow; you may have a hard time finding any archer old enough to use it though.

Using crossbows at higher levels is dangerous as they require you to kneel, often prompting those planning for the future to go to the regular bow.

Edited to add: not that the archery skill is any different really. At first glance, I thought you were thinking of selling the bow.

-Melissa

[Edited on Sat, April nd, 2005 by ElanthianSiren]

Tehy don't require you to kneel, but if you want the added bonus you have to kneel. If you're AS is high enough you can put out an eye while standing or if you know rgam silent kneel you can destroy shit from the shadows.

w00t!

Back
04-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Satira
The harmonics generated tell you that the crossbow inflicts more fearsome wounds when it strikes.

Everyone probably knows this but that means crit weighting. Its not the heaviest, but like second from heaviest?

Ardwen
04-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Thats the generic loresong for crti weighting, or in a bows case sighting. Has nothing to do with the level.

Ardwen

StrayRogue
04-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Bards can't determine the level of weighting/padding either.

Divinity
04-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Eesh woman, I'm surprised you didn't ask me. I'll help ya!

Sylph
04-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Way to go Satira!

Kitsun
04-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Just because I'm nosey, did you ever find out anything new about the crossbow? Haven't seen you online!