PDA

View Full Version : Raffle from Goblyn totally unique Ritual Althame

Char
08-12-2020, 08:07 PM
I won a raffle a few years ago, and got this completely unlocked and personalized althame. In her own words, this unlock level should be considered "Pie in the Sky". I know that i intend to sell it now, but i am unsure how to value it. I also have a scripted shrine that is altered to match. The information is lengthy, so bear with me:

Ruby-Hilted Shadowglass Althame Show description: Incised along the opaque, pale grey shadowglass are demons and Arkati, their shapes cut at angles that lend to the appearance of their pushing out from within the blade, eternally trapped within. Enhancing that illusion, even the subtlest movement causes the figures to appear to shift when any available light reflects off of the surface. The blade's base is seated in a flat eight-pointed star shape, where thin tendrils splay out from each point to arc down into the simply constructed dark red ruby hilt.

You grip your althame midway up the hilt, and it sends thoughts of the Arkati skittering through your head. If you were to POINT the althame at someone: with a low grip you would trace, without leaving a mark, "a six-tentacled star" over (target's) neck; with a mid-grip you would create a scarring pattern along the lines of "a mottled scar patterned after a six-tentacled star" over (target's) neck.

analyze as follows:
--------- RITUAL DAGGER ITEM - ANALYZE INFO ---------
This is a Ritual Dagger item. Really, this just means that it has verb traps geared toward performing rituals.

The item is dual-tiered: there are verb tiers, and then there are additional special ability add-ons. Nearly all verb traps allow for targets (use VERB my althame WITH/AT (target)), and there are other factors that will introduce some variety. Currently there are 2 verb tiers and 4 special ability add-ons (permanent scarring, commune, intercession, and sacrificing). Generally, unlocking from Tier 1 to 2 will be offered on occasion as a specialized service; however, the add-ons will be extremely rare and should be considered a pie-in-the-sky type of service.

The Tier 2 verbs on this althame are:
POUR - allows you to coat the dagger in certain specific substances from the food system and some of the old "ritual potion" items; or clean it.
[Cleaning nouns = water, bourbon, whiskey, liquor.]
[Coating nouns = blood, oil, grease, ether, liquid, venom, essence, bile, effluvium, ichor.]
PULL - to draw ritual circles. You can also convert "circular stain" items to these circles.
POINT - traces a pattern over the skin at the low grip; temporary scarring at middle grip. You can POINT without a target at mid-grip to toggle the scar/trace patterns - there is hand differentiation.
WAVE - to draw patterns that "hang" in the air.
CLENCH - lets you toggle your grip level on the althame.
ATTEND - lets you toggle the "flavor" of the dagger and will let you access -- if you have it set up -- any custom wording.
TURN - purely fluff
NUDGE - allows you to cut your palm or someone else's palm, among other things.
CLEAN - lets you clean any coating on the althame in a fancier way than pouring.

The daggers come in 3 different flavors: default, Arkati, and custom. This althame is set up as Arkati, and it can be toggled to the other flavors. Note that only items set with custom settings can be toggled to the custom setting.

Some options allow for slightly customized wording or patterns -- to see what, if any, are set up, you can ANALYZE the item again within 15 seconds.

Aesthetic alterations are perfectly acceptable -- the althame must remain a dagger-appropriate item. You are able to have both a long and a show. It is highly recommended that you keep any long descriptions brief.

Analyzed the second time for customization:

You analyze your shadowglass althame and sense that the creator has provided the following information:
--------- RITUAL DAGGER ITEM - CUSTOMIZATIONS ---------

HANGING RUNES PATTERN (WAVE):
Requires an article, adjective, and noun for the 15/15/15. If desired, you can use a show as well that includes the liquid material. Must make sense for hanging in the air, and bear in mind that it will be made out of a liquid like blood.
a demon-faced,full,moon
Show:* Practically glowing with the magic infused in it, $S8 $S9 is suspended in the spherical shape of a full moon. Simple symbols of each member of the Lornon pantheon encircle the lunar body, the sigils slowly rotating to circumnavigate it, their spacing relative to one another shifting on occasion.

RITUAL CIRCLE/FLOOR PATTERN (PULL):
Requires an article, adjective, and noun for the 15/15/15. If desired, can include a show. Must make sense for being drawn in the ground from liquid like blood or as a "dry" pattern in some terrains.
a,crudely slashed,pentagram
a crudely slashed pentagram wrought from (liquid adj) (liquid noun)
Show:* $+$S8 $S9 forms a rough pentagram, the shape drawn in such crude form as to appear almost unrecognizable, its malformed lines jagged and crooked along each length. Yet despite their haphazard nature, the pentagram's lines are all connected, the form as a whole closed and complete, belying a deliberateness to the angry slash marks. [should match with the overall design]

SCAR AND TRACE PATTERN (POINT):
Requires an article, adjective, and noun for the 15/15/15 of the scar/trace pattern. Longs are okay to use. You can also specify an above-the-neck location and a preposition. Note that these will strictly follow guidelines and current alter/feature alteration rules.
a,moon-shaped,scar
Scar wording in full (for messaging):* a moon-shaped scar pierced by a jagged bolt of puckered flesh
The above is also the long description!
Trace-only (low grip) wording (for messaging):* a full moon pierced by a jagged bolt
Custom Preposition:* on
Custom Location:* temple

CUSTOM NAME: This is simply for designating who any rituals/prayers are being made to. It is currently:
not set

Matching Shrine: a small shadowglass shrine etched with a blackened star of six blackened tentacles. This item may be altered by a talented merchant, so long as the item remains "shrine" or "altar" and is in-line that type of item's purpose and size.

You can PUSH, PULL, KISS, and TOUCH the shadowglass shrine. If you drop the altar, only you (and the janitor) can pick it up until 8 hours has passed. After that, it is up for grabs by anyone.

>drop shrine
You reverently set your shadowglass shrine on the floor.
>pull shrine
You pull your shadowglass shrine closer to you, eyeing the area for any would-be thieves or enemies.
>push shrine
You slam your fist on the top of your shadowglass shrine and glare up towards the heavens with anger.
>kiss shrine
You bow your head down while tracing a finger along the edge of your shadowglass shrine.
>touch shrine
You place one hand over your shadowglass shrine and move your lips in a silent prayer, then look upward, awaiting an answer.
-----------------------------------------------------

Any help appreciated. I'm thinking 50's, but maybe i'm way off? Thanks in advance for your help!

Viekn
08-12-2020, 08:33 PM
Well one thing to note is that the spelling for such an item seems to typically be "athame" and almost never "althame". Not sure how that might affect value.

FlayedAngel
08-13-2020, 12:25 AM
If nothing else, that level of unlock is super rare.... I don't think 50's BO in the current market would be too far off base, as long as you're willing to allow room for negotiation based on interest.

They may be pure fluff, but as someone who owns one, I can also confirm that they're super fun for arpee depending on what your poison is.

Luntz
08-13-2020, 07:12 PM
I have received this ritual dagger/shrine in trade and would take 40mil or $200 paypal if anyone is interested.