PDA

View Full Version : Den of Rot (level 66 to 72) *maybe contain spoilers*

wetsand
08-11-2020, 07:22 PM
I started exploring the new area with my level 71 hybrid UCS pure bard. Some of the information here may contain area/creature spoilers.

Feel free to post and/or correct my information and I will update the main post.

Entrance:

;go2 2936 Abbey Approach, Ledge
go slash, s, s, s, s, s, go wall, d, d, s, go portal

General area info:

Traveller's song(1020), Spirit guide(130), and Voln Return are blocked. Unknown if Transference (225) or Aid the Fallen(1620) work. Unknown if locate(116) is blocked. Gold rings are blocked from exit but open for entry.

Creature info(TD is bard unless otherwise noted):

Ivasian inciters: 66, living.
-stunable
-carrys a leather whip
-Casts spike thorn

A supple Ivasian inciter flicks her fingers into a crude gesture at you!

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath your feet! You manage to jump out of the way!

[Roll result: 138 (open d100: 46)]
A supple Ivasian inciter spins quickly behind you and delivers a well placed kick!
You feel humiliated and enraged!

[Roll result: 177 (open d100: 86)]
A supple Ivasian inciter drops into a fluid crouch, delivering a swick kick at your legs!
You tumble to the ground as the inciter leaps back to his feet, grinning smugly. The inciter offers a lewd prayer as he recovers his balance, settling back into a martial stance.
Roundtime: 10 sec

A supple Ivasian inciter flicks his fingers into a crude gesture at you!
CS: +288 - TD: +xxx + CvA: -8 + d100: +46 == +xxx
Warded off!

You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a supple Ivasian inciter.
CS: +xxx - TD: +237 + CvA: +9 + d100: +13 == +xx
Warding failed!
A supple Ivasian inciter reels under the force of the sonic vibrations!
Sound waves disrupt for 45 damage!
... 40 points of damage!
Skull and surrounding flesh disintegrate. The Ivasian inciter falls to the ground dead.
A supple Ivasian inciter begins to mouth a desperate prayer, but death stifles him.
A supple Ivasian inciter loses its focused look.
The guiding force leaves a supple Ivasian inciter.

Dark-eyed incubi: 68, demonic.
-Earthen Fury
-Self healing (Oozing tentacles of shadow quest from the incubus's left arm and begin knitting his wounds together.
Lean muscles tensing, an athletic dark-eyed incubus surveys the surroundings with a self-satisfied smirk on his face.)
-Has high defense, especially UDF(varies have seen as high as 666)

An athletic dark-eyed incubus lunges hungrily for you, arms outstretched!
AS: +307 vs DS: xxx with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +29 = xxx
A clean miss.

You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at an athletic dark-eyed incubus.
CS: +xxx - TD: +243 + CvA: +25 + d100: +12 == +xxx
Warding failed!
An athletic dark-eyed incubus reels under the force of the sonic vibrations!
Sound waves disrupt for 51 damage!
... 40 points of damage!
The dark-eyed incubus's stomach muscles ripped apart violently.

An athletic dark-eyed incubus lets out a soft, contended moan as renewed health blossoms in his cheeks. Oozing tentacles of shadow quest from the incubus's right hand and begin knitting his wounds together.
An athletic dark-eyed incubus directs his otherworldly spellsong at you!
CS: +300 - TD: +xxx + CvA: -8 + d100: +66 - +40 == xxx
Warded off!
You are unaffected.

Pestilent visions: 70, noncorporeal undead. (most likely sorcerer based)
-focused and area web
-randomly disapear(appears to be a movement to another room)
-disapear on death(can’t be searched)
-can break free from stun/sleep(voln)
-dispel cast often(only lost spirit spells so far, most likely 119)
-can break sancts

Wave after wave of dark energy pulses from the vision, suffusing the air with the rancid feel of tainted oil.
The sense of peace and security passes away from the area.

A seething pestilent vision directs the flow of its vile energies toward you!
CS: +314 - TD: xxx + CvA: -8 + d100: +31 - +20 == xxx
Warded off!
A blood red haze eddies and swirls around you before it dissipates.

You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a seething pestilent vision.
CS: +xxx - TD: +282 + CvA: +25 + d100: +65 == +xxx
Warding failed!
A seething pestilent vision reels under the force of the sonic vibrations!
Sound waves disrupt for 59 damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the pestilent vision's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
A seething pestilent vision rapidly begins dwindling away, flickering like a dying candleflame.
A seething pestilent vision exhales the last of a virulent green mist.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves a seething pestilent vision.

Magna vereri: 72, corporeal undead.
-Can be stunned but will quickly break
-knockdown manuever

[Roll result: 142 (open d100: 29)]
A horrific magna vereri launches herself at you with a desperate cry!
The full weight of the vereri takes you by surprise, driving you viciously to the ground! A horrific magna vereri twitches to her feet like a marionette on tangled strings.

Roundtime: 10 sec.

You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a voluptuous magna vereri.
CS: +xxx - TD: +287 + CvA: +25 + d100: +12 == +xx
Warded off!
Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.

A voluptuous magna vereri places the tip of a well-manicured finger in her mouth and winks at you suggestively.
With a lustful look in her glowing white eyes, a voluptuous magna vereri stretches a delicate hand out toward you and beckons with one finger.
CS: +298 - TD: +xxx + CvA: -8 + d100: +75 == +xx
Warded off!
A voluptuous magna vereri sets her lips in a petulant pout.

Merzbow
08-11-2020, 07:45 PM
Nicely plugs the undead gap.

Blazar
08-11-2020, 07:58 PM
Did you edit out your CS? But why?

bunnymustdie
08-11-2020, 08:43 PM
I assume the incubus being demonic means melee types will not be able to hit them without an 8x+ enchanted weapon?

rolfard
08-11-2020, 08:52 PM
Did you edit out your CS? But why?https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LateSoftHoneyeater-small.gif

wetsand
08-11-2020, 09:24 PM
I assume the incubus being demonic means melee types will not be able to hit them without an 8x+ enchanted weapon?

I don’t think they are demons but just a different term for undead, as the wiki describes demonic “lost forever to real life”. I had no trouble hitting them with enchanted and blessed UCS gear.

FlayedAngel
08-12-2020, 12:15 AM
I don’t think they are demons but just a different term for undead, as the wiki describes demonic “lost forever to real life”. I had no trouble hitting them with enchanted and blessed UCS gear.
They could just be some kind of minor demon (as opposed to bigger Lesser Demons (https://gswiki.play.net/Demon#Lesser_demons_.28exclusive.29) like oculoths)... I dunno if the 8x thing blessing thing applies to them, sounds like it's not needed.

Regardless, this seems like a neat hunting area -- thanks for the info!

Orthin
08-12-2020, 09:04 AM
only like 3-4 more levels until I can hit this up. Super excited!

Also of course something has earthern fury

Orthin
08-12-2020, 09:06 AM
Saw this too in the OP

A clean miss.

Is that just their description or do these have mini bosses?

wetsand
08-12-2020, 01:32 PM
Saw this too in the OP

A clean miss.

Is that just their description or do these have mini bosses?

The incubi have a wide range of descriptions. I still haven't seen any Magna Vereri.

wetsand
08-21-2020, 12:06 PM
Updated, the Magna Vereri have come out to play. So far it looks like everything spawns anywhere in the area.

Also big Thank you to the person that mapped the area. Love the text you picked for the wording.

Orthin
08-21-2020, 05:13 PM
played around in there for a couple minutes and noticed this - guessing that is the spike thorn effect you were talking about?

[SMR result: 254 (Open d100: 183, Penalty: 1)]
The muscles in a supple Ivasian inciter's arm jump as he cracks his leather whip at you, fetid smoke rising from its length. In mid-flight, the whip sprouts dozens of tiny thorns, each suffused with unsavory green-yellow light. The whip bites into the flesh of your left hand and flares blindingly with sickening radiance!
... 28 points of damage!
Rapped the knuckles hard!
Left hand sounds broken.
You are stunned for 3 rounds!
CS: +276 - TD: +319 + CvA: +12 + d100: +22 == -9
Warded off!

Also the Vereri like to tackle or whatever this is sorry its long but they seem keen on using it. I started avoiding them because it was pretty consistent that they would toss it out

[Roll result: 120 (open d100: 19)]
The full weight of the vereri takes you by surprise, driving you viciously to the ground! A horrific magna vereri twitches to her feet like a marionette on tangled strings.

Roundtime: 6 sec.
PR>
[Help] Eldanari: "Dah slash?"
PR>
A horrific magna vereri claws at her ruined lips, moaning in agony.

A horrific magna vereri gnashes at you with a mouth full of rotting teeth!
AS: +368 vs DS: +380 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +83 = +103
... and hits for 1 point of damage!
Poked in the tummy.
Hehehe.
PR>stand
>incant 309
You stand back up.
>
In preparation of Condemn, you deliver a series of succinct gnomish phrases with masterful precision, a forward thrust of your palm completing the cycle...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a horrific magna vereri.
[SMR result: 85 (Open d100: 23, Bonus: 10)]
A distant, lonely howl gives a horrific magna vereri pause, but nothing comes of it.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
[Roll result: 114 (open d100: 13)]

Roundtime: 5 sec.
PR>

Screeching with mindless rage, a horrific magna vereri slashes at you with maggot-gnawed talons!
AS: +358 vs DS: +380 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +9 = +22
A clean miss.
PR>
A supple Ivasian inciter strides in with a smooth, rolling gait.
PR>
You sense Imaera's condemnation of a horrific magna vereri wane.
P>stand
>incant 309
You stand back up.
>
In preparation of Condemn, you deliver a series of succinct gnomish phrases with masterful precision, a forward thrust of your palm completing the cycle...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a horrific magna vereri.
[SMR result: 82 (Open d100: 21, Bonus: 10)]
A distant, lonely howl gives a horrific magna vereri pause, but nothing comes of it.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>w
[Roll result: 142 (open d100: 29)]

Roundtime: 10 sec.

wetsand
08-21-2020, 05:37 PM
That first attack looks different than what I experienced, was the warding roll at the end a mistake or was that in the same action?

I did notice the Vereri like to use that knock down often. I will update the post with it.

Orthin
08-21-2020, 05:41 PM
That first attack looks different than what I experienced, was the warding roll at the end a mistake or was that in the same action?

I did notice the Vereri like to use that knock down often. I will update the post with it.

Drat I wasn't fully paying attention to that aspect I want to say I saw the warding aspect after it was successful (the SMR) two times. I may sneak back in there and try again later. It got dicey for me and I couldn't get the map to work on my end. I didn't see any of the incubi where I was.

Kyulen
02-12-2021, 02:06 AM
Is there a map of this area yet? So far I have been unable to find one, and I'm considering making one myself and posting it online when I'm done making it.

Orthin
02-12-2021, 06:49 AM
It has been mapped on Narost.

Elanthil
02-12-2021, 09:07 AM
QUOTE:

RP Nominate
You ask, "Anyone healing by chance?"
>bark pain
>
You let out a sharp yelp of pain!
>
Starmizt says, "Yes."
>
Ankhilim just arrived.
>
Lady Meliyara just arrived.
>
Moonbeamz says, "Werong one."
>
Moonbeamz focuses on you with intense concentration, and you feel the feathery brush of her mental presence.
Your left arm wound gradually fades, forming on Moonbeamz's left arm instead.

Tired of seeing this. shit happens. move on
Moon is good people

Orthin
02-12-2021, 09:32 AM
QUOTE:

RP Nominate
>bark pain
>
>
Starmizt says, "Yes."
>
Ankhilim just arrived.
>
>
>
Moonbeamz focuses on you with intense concentration, and you feel the feathery brush of her mental presence.

Moon is good people

I never said she wasn't good people, it just made me chuckle so I decided to add it as a signature. If it bugged you so much why not just send me a PM?

Orthin
02-12-2021, 09:34 AM
QUOTE:

RP Nominate
>bark pain
>
>
Starmizt says, "Yes."
>
Ankhilim just arrived.
>
>
>

Moon is good people

I have also respected your wishes and removed it from my signature line, so it will bug you no longer!

Taernath
02-12-2021, 10:05 AM
I demand it be reinstated at once!

Kyulen
02-16-2021, 08:17 PM
I made my own map of this hunting area since I don't use Lich. It's a rough draft I drew on pencil and paper right now, but I plan to make a better version and scan it to my computer later on.

I've died every time I've hunted in this area so far, but it's still fun anyway.

Kyulen
02-18-2021, 12:49 AM
I finished a new version of my crappy hand-drawn map of the Den of Rot, and also most of the Abbey area since the layout of the rooms there is different than what it used to be before they added the Den of Rot.
https://imgur.com/bUKW0UT