PDA

View Full Version : Idiotic Deflectors

StrayRogue
09-18-2003, 01:38 PM
I just checked the GS4 official boards. Posted by you Artha about my DS numbers. One would think the numbers I've posted should be pretty scary (basically a square can hit a guarded stance sorc at any lvl post 30). The GM answer?

They fucking disprove the DS calculation by 20 points then drop the subject. Is it part of their contract for them never to answer the question?

Adhara
09-18-2003, 02:35 PM
This is why I stopped reading the official board and posting genuine concerns and/or suggestions. You'd see ten good solid posts in a row, then one "silly" post of someone saying "I bet GMname would find this funny (about something off-topic)" and then GMname quotes the silly post saying "oh yes I did!" while totally ignoring all the good posts.

It's irritating enough to not get an answer, I don't need the slap in the face silly post that proves he has read the good posts and chooses to ignore them. As long as there was no answer, I could still hope that it was only because it hadn't been read.

Xcalibur
09-18-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
I just checked the GS4 official boards. Posted by you Artha about my DS numbers. One would think the numbers I've posted should be pretty scary (basically a square can hit a guarded stance sorc at any lvl post 30). The GM answer?

They fucking disprove the DS calculation by 20 points then drop the subject. Is it part of their contract for them never to answer the question?

care to copy the link to that?

Artha
09-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Link (http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=30&category=101&topic=3).

Scott
09-18-2003, 03:34 PM
I agree. I find (as scary as it sounds) there are more idiots on the official boards then here. At least here you don't get the "My name is Jim, I've been around 12 years in Gemstone, I've been roleplaying for 35 years, whatever I say goes." or the GM who will only answer questions or respond if the post is in favor of what they've done. GM's refuse to get into debates and explain more then "it is balanced, that is all that matters." I read the official boards for one thing, and that's to see the announcements.

Dighn Darkbeam
09-18-2003, 03:54 PM
Can someone name some specific folders where this see this as a problem? I understand Strayrogue has mentioned this in a mechanics folder (?).

I find atleast in the Sorcerer profession folder Nilven will try his best to answer any posted question not properly fielded by a player.

Any GM's that are particularly good or bad at this able to be mentioned by name?

CrystalTears
09-18-2003, 05:09 PM
It generally happens in the larger folders, like general game mechanics, features, the GS4 system and so forth. You don't see it happen as much in the focused folders like the towns and professions.

Ilvane
09-18-2003, 05:16 PM
I get upset by the fact that anytime you post something that might be a suggestion, it is usually taken as an insult or that you could be a GM hater.

When I post an opinion, I usually think long and hard on it, as to not offend anyone. I am not a GM hater, nor am I a brown noser. Sometimes I would just like a straight answer, or someone saying.."Yes, this is what we think" as opposed to going around in circles and finally answering in a roundabout way 45 posts later.

-A

Straight-up
09-18-2003, 11:46 PM
I honestly don't see a problem with squares hitting pures in guarded. The same happens now with pures vs squares...

I can ward a square 30-40 trains past my level now....although it's pretty cool, I hardly think it's fair.

As for people not answering your questions....I think alot of it has to do with you and your past posting behaviour.

Straight

Kurili
09-19-2003, 01:42 AM
For pure venom, read the Empath folder. I do when I'm bored, and my only empath has never got over one train. And has been around for two years.

Acolyte Kurili

Betheny
09-19-2003, 02:32 AM
I don't read the official boards hardly at all. ESPECIALLY not the GS4 boards. Even though Kevralynn got banned from posting there, she's got enough lackeys to carry out her idiocy.

Kurili
09-19-2003, 02:37 AM
Kevralynn got banned? How? Why? When?

YIPPEEE!!

Acolyte Kurili, returning to normal now

Betheny
09-19-2003, 02:46 AM
She was banned from posting on the official boards. I don't know if it's a permanent thing or if it was just for a period of time.

Kurili
09-19-2003, 02:49 AM
I got so tired of her attitude, and ME ME MEness, I wanted to slap her.

Acolyte Kurili

Betheny
09-19-2003, 02:51 AM
She was banned from posting because all she wanted to do, and all she did, was try to hurt people on the boards. She's very mean, and she refused to tone it down.

StrayRogue
09-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Still no mail from Mel and Warden. Hey, as Straight-up said, maybe they are aiming for us to be able to hit pures in guarded.

CrystalTears
09-19-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Kurili
For pure venom, read the Empath folder. I do when I'm bored, and my only empath has never got over one train. And has been around for two years.

Acolyte Kurili

Blech, no thanks. I used to read it and there was so much venom and bitterness among the empaths that it wasn't worth reading anymore. They want everything and wouldn't sacrifice any of it in return. The empaths on the boards have got to the be the whiniest, brattiest, bitchiest, snobbiest, most self-absorbed people I've ever witnessed. You'd have to pay me to read those folders again.

StrayRogue
09-19-2003, 05:43 PM
Sounds like most the profession official boards. Or atleast when I read them ;)

CrystalTears
09-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Sounds like most the profession official boards. Or atleast when I read them ;)

Nope, the rogues aren't like that. Sure they may get into arguments or whatnot, but it is nowhere near to how the empaths behave. They are in a class on their own.

StrayRogue
09-19-2003, 05:49 PM
Oh rogues was always fun. A bit cliquey, but fun.

Kurili
09-19-2003, 05:51 PM
CT summed up the Empath boards perfectly. But good when you're bored.

Acolyte Kurili