PDA

View Full Version : A Dhe'nar and his Shira'qa (semi long log)

Merjinia
03-29-2005, 11:29 PM
The following is a up close and personal look into Evarin and Merjinia's lives. Such odd twists and turns their road has taken. I want to take a moment to applaud Evarin's player and his ability to always stay right on with Evarin, he challenges me to do the same with Merjinia. Merjinia counts herself damned lucky to have caught his eye,and win his collar. I trust everyone who reads this will gain insight as to what actually occured on the Wavedancer, was NOT a wedding in any sense of the word. Though it was incredibly romantic and held a deep meaning for both characters involved. The evening was simply perfect, and I almost fell out of my chair when the moonlight hit the waves, at just the right time.

[Chapel of Cheery Connubiality]
A riot of colorful flowers and decorations help emphasize the festive atmosphere within this place of worship. Large urns of scarlet monkeyflowers, roses, and tulips stand to either side of a white marble altar. Sunlight streams though a large stained glass window depicting a crimson lute upon a golden background. You also see a brightly painted sign, a sparkling fountain of champagne and a colorfully clad cleric.
Obvious exits: southeast, out

You nod to the colorfully clad cleric.

Speaking to a colorfully clad cleric, you say, "I may bring my shira'qa about in the hours to come."

Speaking to a colorfully clad cleric, you say, "Though the service you are to perform is no wedding, though rather a recognition of her devotion to me."

You ponder the meaning of a colorfully clad cleric's existence.

Speaking to a colorfully clad cleric, you ask, "Are you familiar with the ritual of the Collaring?"
Speaking to a colorfully clad cleric, you say, "A rather simple affair."

Speaking to a colorfully clad cleric, you say, "I believe she wishes to affirm her oath to me in the eyes of the Arkati..for whatever reason."

You sigh.
You lean back.

You hear the faint thoughts of Davosian echo in your mind:
"I'm always up for a debate."

You hear your own faint thoughts echoing in your head:
"At the moment, I am rather busy explaining the concept of a Collaring to this rather outrageously dressed cleric."

>You hear the faint thoughts of Myu echo in your mind:
"tastey"

You turn to face a colorfully clad cleric.

Speaking thoughtfully to a colorfully clad cleric, you ask, "Where was I?"
Speaking to a colorfully clad cleric, you say, "Ah, yes. Collaring."

Speaking to a colorfully clad cleric, you say, "The ceremony will in effect only be a formality."
Speaking to a colorfully clad cleric, you say, "My shira'qa is entirely devoted to me, and has already accepted my collar."

You ponder the meaning of a colorfully clad cleric's existence.

Speaking to a colorfully clad cleric, you say, "Do expect both myself and my shira'qa to come about in the near future."
Speaking to a colorfully clad cleric, you say, "Though if you could dispense with the rhetoric of marriage, it would be most appreciated."

---------------

[Wavedancer, Ocean's Melody]
An enormous crystal chandelier hangs from the ceiling by a silver chain. A thousand candles sparkle within it, their light magnified by the many strands of faceted glass. A full band of musicians fills the raised stage at the far end, and the parquet floor is gleaming with polish. Through a pair of tall windows the dark ocean swells under the starry sky. You also see a mustachioed bandleader.
Also here: Lady Merjinia
Obvious exits: west

>Merjinia sways, causing the ecru spidersilk of her ballgown's long skirts to swish back and forth.

Speaking to Merjinia, you say, "I had spoken with the cleric aboard the vessel today."

>Merjinia raises an eyebrow in your direction.

You say, "Though not the one that tends to the dead."

>Merjinia looks at you, puzzled.

Speaking to Merjinia, you say, "We discussed the matter of religious ceremonies."

>Merjinia slowly asks, "Ceremonies?"

Speaking to Merjinia, you say, "I mentioned briefly your thoughts on Aeia."

You nod to Merjinia.

>Merjinia warmly says, "I see."

(Evarin's gaze lingers on Merjinia's vaalin leaf collar a moment.)

You say, "He spoke of the Arkati's observance of such rituals."

>Merjinia warmly asks, "Did you find anything he had to say enlightening?"

You say, "Unions such as ours ..benefit from the recognition of the Lesser spirits and such."
You frown.

>Merjinia warmly says, "Hmm."

>Merjinia warmly says, "It surely couldn't hurt things."
>Merjinia smiles at you.

You say, "I have never placed much stock as to what the Arkati think of my actions."

>Merjinia warmly says, "I know, milari."

You say, "Though I would have it be known that you are mine, shira'qa."
You turn to face Merjinia.

>Merjinia gazes at you.

Speaking to Merjinia, you say, "And if such a ceremony is required before the Arkati sees us for what we are, then I will gladly take such steps."

Evarin smiles briefly.

Speaking to Merjinia, you say, "As you said."

>Merjinia cocks her head at you.

Speaking to Merjinia, you say, "Sometimes it is best to educate others, rather than leaving them to their ignorance."

>Merjinia grins.
>Merjinia warmly says, "Indeed, milari."

Speaking to Merjinia, you say, "Even the Arkati are not knowing of all things."

>Merjinia warmly says, "If they have not experienced something, they cannot hope to know it."

You say, "Neh, they cannot."
You gaze at Merjinia.

>Merjinia leans softly against you.
>Merjinia gives you a lingering kiss on the lips.

Speaking to Merjinia, you say, "You have confessed yourself to me, and to others who have thought to question your actions."

Speaking quietly to Merjinia, you ask, "I ask you know, are you willing to do so before the Arkati themselves?"

You lean forward.
You quietly whisper to Merjinia, "Will you be mine always, shira'qa?"

>Merjinia gazes fondly at you.
>Merjinia reaches over and gently rests her hand on your arm.
>Merjinia tenderly says, "Always."

>Moonlight sparkles on the waves.

A riot of colorful flowers and decorations help emphasize the festive atmosphere within this place of worship. Large urns of scarlet monkeyflowers, roses, and tulips stand to either side of a white marble altar. Moonlight streams though a large stained glass window depicting a crimson lute upon a golden background. You also see a flute of silver champagne, a brightly painted sign, a sparkling fountain of champagne and a colorfully clad cleric.

You breathe in slightly.

You stride away, moving northwest.
A riot of colorful flowers and decorations help emphasize the festive atmosphere within this place of worship. Large urns of scarlet monkeyflowers, roses, and tulips stand to either side of a white marble altar. Moonlight streams though a large stained glass window depicting a crimson lute upon a golden background. You also see a flute of silver champagne, a brightly painted sign, a sparkling fountain of champagne and a colorfully clad cleric.
Merjinia followed.

You nod to the cleric in greeting.

Speaking quietly to a colorfully clad cleric, you say, "This is the one I spoke of earlier."

>Merjinia curtsies to a colorfully clad cleric.

Speaking to a colorfully clad cleric, you say, "She has sworn to be forever mine..and I shall have her."

You gaze in wonder at Merjinia.

>The cleric leans a bit unsteadily toward Merjinia and has a word with her.

After a moment of conferring with her, he leans in close to you and whispers conspiratorially, "Merjinia wants to marry you, and from the looks of her, I'd say yes, if I were you, and call myself lucky! Now what do you say? Just ASK me to ACCEPT for you and I will. Of course.. you can also ASK me to REJECT, but, this is a wedding chapel after all, and that would just be too sad."

He adds, "Even my brother, who is a cleric of Jastev, would find that depressing. So, go ahead. Tell me. What's it going to be?"

Speaking to a colorfully clad cleric, you say, "I will have it known throughout this realm and into the next..Merjinia is my shira'qa, and none other."

Merjinia gazes fondly at you.

The cleric smiles broadly and his face lights up. "My dear boy," he says, "I'm delighted that you've accepted."

Speaking softly to Merjinia, you say, "Mine...forever."

>Speaking tenderly to you, Merjinia says, "Always."
>Merjinia nods.

You lean forward.
You give Merjinia a gentle kiss on the lips.

>Merjinia closes her eyes for a moment.

You quietly whisper to Merjinia, "Always."

>Merjinia draws you close to her and gazes deeply into your eyes, making it clear that she wishes you to linger near.

>Merjinia whispers, "With the Arkati acknowledgement, they do seem to bestow lovely gifts yes?"

Speaking softly to Merjinia, you say, "They knew what I have seen of us for some time, my shira'qa."

Xcalibur
03-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Whenever I read a log and there's no death in it, I immediatly put it in the "failed" one.:spaz:

SpunGirl
03-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Thanks for sharing that, Merji! I like the continuing story of Evarin and Merjinia.

-K

Jolena
03-30-2005, 01:38 AM
:clap: Awww, so lovely. Congratulations Merjinia and Evarin! I always love hearing about your story.

Sylvan Dreams
03-31-2005, 01:38 AM
Hm.
Merjinia, I might be recalling incorrectly, but wasn't I (as Debia) under the impression that Merjinia was Evarin's shira'qae at their first meeting? Rather prophetic!

Although our interactions are brief, and sporadic at best, they're always enjoyable. Great RP in your log.

- Debia's player.

The Cat In The Hat
03-31-2005, 02:51 AM
Ohhhh!

Congrats you two, collaring is so romantic!!

DarknessWithin
04-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Aww congrats Merji! ::hugs:: That was sweet :)

Divinity
04-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Congrats to the both of you.