PDA

View Full Version : Scroll infusion success

Janarth
03-29-2005, 12:48 AM
I have the process down, steps are easy enough. Thing is, I'm failing a lot of infusing, and a lot of unlocking. As in, I've yet to unlock a scroll completely, and charge it up completely.
I was sorta hoping I would be able to unlock a spell outside my normal circles, and get away with charging it completely a coupla times, maybe get 50 casts outta it.
Arcane Symbols.....................| 140 40
Magic Item Use.....................| 99 23
Spell Aiming.......................| 159 59
Harness Power......................| 140 40
Elemental Mana Control.............| 140 40
Spirit Mana Control................| 140 40
I've been using smooth stones I poured on. Will I have a higher chance of success if I use premade/bought runestones?

Syberus
03-29-2005, 01:22 AM
I don't have any stats or figures with me, so this is going to be a rather vague answer for now I'm afraid. I'm sure Adredrin can help you out later if he doesn't beat me to the post, he seems to know everything. Basically your biggest problem is your age. Like a number of Sorcerer spells, when you first get them (relatively speaking, I know you didn't just get it) they don't work so well. I had the fortune of already being old when the spell was released so I can't give you any kind of time frame for when it will get better for you I'm afraid. The more I read this post the more I realize it's pretty useless altogether.

Sean
03-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Theres also some information here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=12017

Letum
03-29-2005, 06:25 PM
MIU is the primary stat that factors into unlocking. I wouldn't expect to unlock too much higher than the eighth or ninth spell of any circle (defensive spell wise) with 23 ranks in MIU. Some spells are also harder to unlock than others. Defensive spells are as a rule of thumb are not only more difficult to manage but often unlock after other spells even if the other spells are of a higher level.
Tips for success:

1) Do not use the quiss'fyn rune (except on extremely low level spells). It automatically attempts to add 'very many' charges (20) and unlocks up to level 20, thus making it the most difficult to use.

2) Find a scroll (that has the spell you wish to unlock on it) with the least number of other spells. Chances of failure increase greatly as you unlock more spells on a scroll and chances are the one you want (even using multiple runes to select for the spell) will not unlock first.

3) If you carry your infusing supplies around with you, your best bet is to only infuse a few charges at a time. This prevents the scroll from locking up to easily. Once scrolls are unlocked, they can be used and infused again.

Most of this you can find on the gs4sorcerer site. Preprepared runestones (minus the ink) and ones made using the aiv'shrak potion are always the same for all things sorcery.

Sean of the Thread
03-30-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Letum
MIU is the primary stat that factors into unlocking. I wouldn't expect to unlock too much higher than the eighth or ninth spell of any circle (defensive spell wise) with 23 ranks in MIU. Some spells are also harder to unlock than others. Defensive spells are as a rule of thumb are not only more difficult to manage but often unlock after other spells even if the other spells are of a higher level.
Tips for success:

1) Do not use the quiss'fyn rune (except on extremely low level spells). It automatically attempts to add 'very many' charges (20) and unlocks up to level 20, thus making it the most difficult to use.

2) Find a scroll (that has the spell you wish to unlock on it) with the least number of other spells. Chances of failure increase greatly as you unlock more spells on a scroll and chances are the one you want (even using multiple runes to select for the spell) will not unlock first.

3) If you carry your infusing supplies around with you, your best bet is to only infuse a few charges at a time. This prevents the scroll from locking up to easily. Once scrolls are unlocked, they can be used and infused again.

Most of this you can find on the gs4sorcerer site. Preprepared runestones (minus the ink) and ones made using the aiv'shrak potion are always the same for all things sorcery.

I don't follow all of that. I'm guessing this all must be level related. I've only locked 2 scrolls out of hundreds.

The defensive spells being trickier I agree with as the two I have locked were 215 and 219 (personal favorites) but then again I infuse those alot to begin with.

1) ?? I only use quiss'fyn.

2) Never happened or has made a difference to me.

3) I have always infused my scrolls up to the tippy top in one session and repeat when needed. Besides carrying a ton of infusing crap is cumbersome.

Arcane Symbols.....................| 262 162
Magic Item Use.....................| 262 162
Spell Aiming.......................| 262 162

Strength (STR): 97 (23) ... 97 (23)
Constitution (CON): 97 (18) ... 97 (18)
Dexterity (DEX): 94 (32) ... 94 (32)
Agility (AGI): 94 (27) ... 94 (27)
Discipline (DIS): 95 (12) ... 95 (12)
Aura (AUR): 95 (32) ... 95 (32)
Logic (LOG): 93 (21) ... 93 (21)
Intuition (INT): 94 (27) ... 94 (27)
Wisdom (WIS): 97 (28) ... 97 (28)
Influence (INF): 66 (3) ... 66 (3)

Any other examples of succes/failure as I'm curious what lvl and skill training infusing "caps" off at. Where I'm at it is near flawless. Come fixskills time I want to lose some magic ranks.

Janarth
03-30-2005, 10:31 PM
You have 162 ranks in MIU and Arcane, did you think you would have trouble? How many other capped sorcerers 1.5x those skills? Yeah, you're great and you'll never fail with 714, I wonder why.
Janarth, jealous, and feeling like someone rubbed it in

Sean of the Thread
03-31-2005, 11:30 AM
Nah you misunderstood. I don't know your level. I was adding to the thread as I'm curious where the success peaks at training wise so I can adjust with up coming fixskills. Maybe I want to make some changes.

Letum
04-03-2005, 12:37 AM
For infusing, Arcane symbols peaks somewhere around 150 and MIU is significantly lower, although I could possibly be wrong.

Yes my initial post was geared towards anyone similar to his training and level. If your character is capped I do not believe those tips apply.