PDA

View Full Version : Wavedancer Appreciation

Kitsun
03-28-2005, 04:45 PM
I was a bit skeptical about going on the Wavedancer since I could only get a 3rd class ticket. I intended to skip it until about 20 minutes till it opened. It was a mad rush to gather up my coins and some flaky items to get altered.

Now I can't believe I almost didn't go.

I got my very own uber crossbow of doom and I'm still hyper about it. The thing is freaking amazing!

My character would've kissed a dwarf full on the lips he was so happy!

There were other things worthwhile on the boat. The quests were neat. The prize from the quest was hella nifty. I got my fair share of work done and its still not over. But this bow just made my month.

AnticorRifling
03-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Do tell about this crossbow of uber doom.

StrayRogue
03-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Ebow?

Asha
03-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Doesn't it double aiming for Sylvans or Halflings or something?

I haven't a clue except what I heard over the thought net.

Miss X
03-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I really enjoyed it too! Im so happy that Ezre and Chica got rings from Dartoc. Velvette had them done for us and they are so lovely, we have wanted some from him for ages!!

Im so happy you got the bow too Kitty! I wanna see it in action! :)

SpunGirl
03-28-2005, 06:24 PM
I've been really impressed with this event, for the most part. I've gotten a ton of work done without really having to try or be a merchant hound. I'd go again.

-K

Asha
03-28-2005, 06:30 PM
I have NO more items to be altered.
I'm so pleased with that. . Except the one thing I really wanted was an alteration on a cirtain feature.
I daren't hunt or leave the ship incase I miss my chance.

Don't go delux.

Stunseed
03-28-2005, 06:34 PM
The only real issue I've had so far is a certain person trying to get the same set of 5 things lightened/deepened at merchants. Then taking 5 minutes to bitch to the merchant for each item when they don't do it. Last night, between three people, it took like 43 minutes. No alterations were done, which is what was sad.

Also, Stunseed should learn to keep his smartass quirks to himself, I know. But the beaver joke was hilarious.

Edited to add actual positive things :

I've had a great time with the group of people Stun's been with. Jolena, Michiko, Jaysehn, Kasia, Evelith, Augie, Satira, Toy, and such. Work has been plentiful, and easy. The merchants for the most part have been very nice and mindful of manners.

[Edited on 3-28-2005 by Stunseed]

StrayRogue
03-28-2005, 06:38 PM
MMm, free enhancers.

[Edited on 28-3-05 by StrayRogue]

Asha
03-28-2005, 06:52 PM
After reading Kitsuns' post . .

I'm going to kiss my girlfriend very passionately.
Then jump from the window.

:bye:

[Edited on 3-29-2005 by Drayal]

Hips
03-29-2005, 03:27 AM
Jolena says, "I just knew I would wake up with Washee's sack in my face."

After dinner at the Cherimoya, just before heading to our Frist Class rooms. :lol:

Drew
03-29-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Kitsun
Right now its just the plain fireleaf crossbow but Lirion said it was alterable. He had warned me to never sell or lose it because it was a relic. I thought he was kidding until I got to use it. I think I'm in love with this thing.

Don't alter it unless you are really really set on it! I think really nice stuff like that deserves to stay how it came.

Parkbandit
03-29-2005, 08:37 AM
Very nice crossbow Kitsun. Congrats!!

Warriorbird
03-29-2005, 08:45 AM
That's absolutely awesome. Proves they did have some nice stuff on board.

YancyDC
03-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Sounds like a sweet bow, how'd you get it?

I'm going on the second run, second class, but I suck at merchanting. How easy was it to get alters?

Asha
03-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Go first class and you're the merchant master.

Kitsun
03-29-2005, 11:15 AM
There have been about six bows/crossbows raffled.

Mine is one of them.
One of them was dubbed a Chaos crossbow
Another bow had double accuracy of a normal bow
Saw a something raffled off that sounded like mine except random flares

Alters for third class are supposed to mostly occur on this week. But I didn't do bad over the weekend, got around 10 even though I've slacked since I got this crossbow. Second class should do pretty nicely.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Regarding the Wavedancer, I would not go again and would not recommend it to anyone.

AnticorRifling
03-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Had you given me the cloak I'm sure your luck and enjoyment would have increased 10 fold. AHOLE!

Asha
03-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Where did you hear that third class would see more altering merchants over this week?
Yesterday was not a good example of this.

Kitsun
03-29-2005, 11:43 AM
The official boards. GMs warned that the main weekend would be targetted for the bigbucks.

I saw some merchants with 1st class shops shuffling over around the third class area. There weren't a ton, but they were there.

Regarding the Wavedancer, I would not go again and would not recommend it to anyone.

You didn't find any aspect of it worthwhile? Or not worthwhile for what you paid? A couple hundred builds up an awful lot of expectations.

Asha
03-29-2005, 11:46 AM
What time do you reckon I should start to wait for merchants?

Living in the UK it's a bastard becouse until you move your clocks forward , we're roughly 7 hours in front of you.

Hips
03-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Personally I've had a ton of fun...

Michiko's met a whole slew of new people that she most likely wouldn't have otherwise, and has gotten a good deal of work done, both for herself and another.

If we were allowed to buy tickets for the same class for another run, I would definitely buy another first class one.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Exactly Kitsun, 350+ dollars for a stateroom. My complaints list is pretty long, but the jist of it is, for the cost, I got maybe a mix of ebons and dhu service.

Rhys when as my stateroom guest, and I think, outside the 10 things he got done, he got like 5 other services? I got probably 10 in addition to the 10 stateroom services.

I spent the entire Friday evening pissed off about the lack of a map and not being able to find my stateroom.

I spent most of saturday frustrated as a carry over from how pissed off I was on Friday. Sunday after the quest bottleneck, and then instant death by drowning I just decayed then logged out.

I've given my login and password to 3 people so that MAYBE they can get services or win a raffle, because frankly I don't have the patience for it now.

Were it not for an awesome book I got altered, the entire trip wasn't worth 10 cents to me. Hell, it's made me question why I even play Gemstone again, it's that frustrating.

Kitsun
03-29-2005, 12:03 PM
I met a few new awesome people. I got to meet up with my friends that I never get to see during normal times too.

If I had a choice I would've bumped it up to 1st class too.

As for merchants during the week, its always kinda rough. My money would be in the evening like 6-7PM and beyond. Gives GMs time to get home from work, eat dinner, goof off with the kids and stuff.

StrayRogue
03-29-2005, 12:06 PM
There's been lots of nice stuff, such as thrown weapon bandoliers that produce infinite weapons (similar to Thalior's scabbard), the shadow-death vambraces, black and white ora, the list continues.

Amaron
03-29-2005, 12:09 PM
My biggest complaint was the lack of a map.

Some of us did not have HUGE amounts of time and to waste that time being lost sucked.

A map next time please or a DIR verb for the ship.

I got more alters on the Dhu and had a more relaxed time. The whole first night was stressful trying to get about.

I wish I had more time to enjoy the room and room service and such.

J

hectomaner
03-29-2005, 12:20 PM
so who got the SD vambraces?

Kitsun
03-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Drew
Don't alter it unless you are really really set on it! I think really nice stuff like that deserves to stay how it came.

I would be inclined to feel the same way if I didn't believe its completely unadorned because he just didn't have enough time to paint it. There's no show or anything!

AnticorRifling
03-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko
Personally I've had a ton of fun...

Michiko's met a whole slew of new people that she most likely wouldn't have otherwise, and has gotten a good deal of work done, both for herself and another.

If we were allowed to buy tickets for the same class for another run, I would definitely buy another first class one.

Don't like, the reason you had so much fun was because you got to spend a day in my armor.

Kitsun
03-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Exactly Kitsun, 350+ dollars for a stateroom. My complaints list is pretty long, but the jist of it is, for the cost, I got maybe a mix of ebons and dhu service.

Rhys when as my stateroom guest, and I think, outside the 10 things he got done, he got like 5 other services? I got probably 10 in addition to the 10 stateroom services.

I spent the entire Friday evening pissed off about the lack of a map and not being able to find my stateroom.

I spent most of saturday frustrated as a carry over from how pissed off I was on Friday. Sunday after the quest bottleneck, and then instant death by drowning I just decayed then logged out.

I've given my login and password to 3 people so that MAYBE they can get services or win a raffle, because frankly I don't have the patience for it now.

Were it not for an awesome book I got altered, the entire trip wasn't worth 10 cents to me. Hell, it's made me question why I even play Gemstone again, it's that frustrating.

I'm really sad to hear you didn't get your money's worth. The map problem will definately be solved by the second run. Thats the chaos of going on the first run for you.

I boarded the boat with my laptop on and visio running so I could map on the fly. But I'm always ready to map any new event since my sense of direction is soooo farkin bad.

It sounds like if you just had a map, then it would've gone smoother for you. There just seemed like an insane amount of 1st class merchants. I remember scanning a who full and seeing 1 third class merchant and 10 other 1st class ones about.

If you're not having fun in GS then maybe its time for a break. I periodically go to try out other games. I've left for a couple months at a time for Dark Age of Camelot and EQ2. Its good for a breathe of fresh air and it can remind you of what you miss in GS.

Jolena
03-29-2005, 02:59 PM

After dinner at the Cherimoya, just before heading to our Frist Class rooms. :lol:

Die, thx.

Parkbandit
03-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

Hell, it's made me question why I even play Gemstone again, it's that frustrating.

Kitsun
03-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Jolena

Die, thx.

Hehehe. Please feel free to elaborate if its out of context! Remember your silence is damning!

Kitsun
03-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Sitiara: "anyone know how to "rub" my husband like how we used to, before we got married here?"
Bevan: "....."
Anta: "hehe"
Sacru: "Hahahah!"
Velvette: "hahahaha"
Kalishar: "Keep that kinda talk in the bedroom missy!"
Sitiara: "hey, what?"
Velvette: "they say it isn't as good after marriage you know"

On the net on the Wavedancer...

StrayRogue
03-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Nice IGness from the RP king Bevan.

Kitsun
05-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Woooo!

Wavedancer quest item is an enchancer:
+5 to Mana regen
+5 to Stamina regen
Almost innumerable charges

Tromp
05-03-2005, 02:51 PM
How many ranks in ranged does one need to be part of those raffles for the bows/crossbows?

AnticorRifling
05-03-2005, 03:15 PM
I didn't even go on the Wavedancer and I'm appreciative of it. I got a set of studded leathers converted to leather breastplate by someone that went and for that he kicks ass. Now I just need to get them altered but I can't for the life of me find the where I saved my alter idea for a leather breastplate grrrrrr.

Latrinsorm
05-03-2005, 03:39 PM
a leather breastplate adorned with pink daisies

The leather breastplate has "To my favoritest Super Kid!" embroidered on the back in frilly gold script.

Shalla
05-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Did you win the bow through a raffle kitsun?

Kitsun
05-03-2005, 04:11 PM
My crossbow? Yep! I did on the first run.

AnticorRifling
05-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
a leather breastplate adorned with pink daisies

The leather breastplate has "To my favoritest Super Kid!" embroidered on the back in frilly gold script.

Lol die. And they wouldn't be pink, that's not what his color of choice was it was purple (is it sad that that's what I thought of when I read who it's from?)