Parkbandit
05-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Per another topic

05-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Both

- Arkans

Iqxero
05-25-2005, 05:34 PM
If playing = paying for than I play both.
If playing = remembering my login, password, and first name of my main avatar, than I just play wow.

Caiylania
05-25-2005, 05:49 PM
I'll make it any MMORPG for me (well in my case EQII)

went crazy just playing eqII but now play both almost evenly. I don't really level in GS much, mostly RP and being with friends :) I have to much shit to safely hunt have the time ;)

Lobster
05-25-2005, 05:57 PM
I have only been on GS twice since getting WOW.

4a6c1
05-25-2005, 05:58 PM
It was about 1 month (i think).

DeV
05-25-2005, 06:03 PM
I recently reactivated my GS account so that would make it about 2 months or so.

Edited to add that I still play WoW once in a while. My girlfriend plays way more than I though.

[Edited on 5-25-2005 by DeV]

Showal
05-25-2005, 06:03 PM
2 weeks

Jorddyn
05-25-2005, 06:05 PM
I took a hiatus from GS about the time people started heading to WoW. I haven't reactivated my account, but I've been considering it.

Jorddyn

Artha
05-25-2005, 06:12 PM
Still playing WoW rather than GS.

Hunt/Rest/Repeat is fucking boring and I wish it hadn't taken WoW to see that.

Sean of the Thread
05-25-2005, 06:14 PM
I capped a character and had others in mid 20's when I got bored.. so about 2-3months...then I reactivated GS.

Mistomeer
05-25-2005, 06:27 PM
I played WoW a few weeks. I like GS because I can do 10 things at once while playing GS while with an MMORPG it takes more concentration.

CrystalTears
05-25-2005, 07:48 PM
What 10 things at once can you do in GS?

I'm still playing WoW. I quit GS over a year ago and I don't regret it. Although even if I quit WoW I don't think I'll go back to GS.

Drinin
05-25-2005, 10:49 PM
I played both evenly until about two months after launch. I stopped playing WoW often about that time. I never actually owned the game, I just played on a friend's account (as my laptop has a non-functioning cd-rom). Graphic based games rarely hold my attention for more than a couple of months. I ooccasionally log in to talk to some friends from another text game that made the move. All told, I probably play WoW about 2 hours a week and GS4 about 16-20 depending on classwork and how many hours I work that week.

Jahira
05-26-2005, 12:07 AM
gemstone is the suck

Jahira
05-26-2005, 12:07 AM
I really didn't mean that. but I am still playing WoW and not GS

Hulkein
05-26-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Xyelin
I capped a character and had others in mid 20's when I got bored.. so about 2-3months...then I reactivated GS.

That's a lot of WoW in a two-three month period.

Burnt yourself out, heh.

Shari
05-26-2005, 12:47 AM
I went a month.

I like the imagination you create in your own head within GS of what people, creatures, areas, etc look like. I can enrich the "graphics" of GS within my own wittle head.

Toxicvixen
05-26-2005, 12:54 AM
I never left GS for WoW. I play both. :D

Numbers
05-26-2005, 03:08 AM
I have to admit, the polish of WoW is kind of wearing thin for me.

There's only so many times I can run Baron or LBRS to try to get my damn pants and gloves. After five runs of the same instance, I get insanely bored of them, and the mere thought of going to them makes me feel sick. Now that I'm nearing my 30th run of each... blech.

But what else is there to do? I could level an alt, but I tend to get bored of alts once they hit level 20 or so. More of the same, but with different (but still similar) skills. I could PvP, but those just turn into zerg-counterzerg.

I'm hoping that when the Battlegrounds open up, they'll keep me occupied for a while. I tried them out on the test server. The epic one was really boring, but I haven't tried the improved one they opened the other day. The capture the flag one was fun, but can be exploited so easily by certain class skills (involving shaman and druids.) And then there's the fact that if I really want to be effective in Battlegrounds, I'd need my full set armor, which brings me full circle to the instances I've learned to despise.

I haven't really played GemStone since WoW. I've logged in once or twice, just to say hello to people, but it was like I was never gone. Everything was exactly the same. In any case, I've got some ALAE stuff I need to do there, so I'll probably be spending some more time there.

[Edited on 5-26-2005 by 3704558]

Showal
05-26-2005, 12:44 PM
<<I like the imagination you create in your own head within GS of what people, creatures, areas, etc look like. I can enrich the "graphics" of GS within my own wittle head. >>

There's more flexibility in text than in graphics. That's the main reason I went back. Someone compared GS to a novel that's constantly being written ... I see it more like that. I also like the fact that you have to read and imagine in GS more than you do in WoW. I also think the RP is better.

Parker
05-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Played WoW for 5 months, capped out, started MC runs, and got banned for speedhacking.

This upsets me.

Speedhacking is only a way for a player to fully enjoy the concept of the game. Who wants to fly a griffon from to Desolace to help a friend? it's a 10 minute ride. Nobody likes that, it's a waste of my hard-earned money, and badly-spent time.

Sigh.

You should all try speedhacking, there's nothing more comical than a rogue on foot hiding, chasing down a guy on a mount, and ambushing him at a crit of 1500.

SOOO much fun,

Parkbandit
05-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Parker
Played WoW for 5 months and got banned for speedhacking.

You should all try speedhacking

Uh huh.

Parker
05-26-2005, 02:00 PM
hmmm....I should add that I was being Sarcastic. ;)

05-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Why wern't you shot at birth?

- Arkans

Parker
05-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Too fiesty, Ran out o' the delivery room, down the hall, and hid in the fat lady's bedpan.

Showal
05-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Is that why you smell of piss?

Mistomeer
05-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

I didn't mean exactly 10 things at one time, but my point is that GS doesn't take all that much concentration. If I want to move from the Landing to EN, I run a script and do something else. Half the time I walk away, and when I come back, I'm moved. In a MMORPG, you have to pay attention to move. The hunt/rest GS environment encourages you to do other things while playing like work, talk on AIM, read web pages, watch TV, read a book, talk on the phone, etc...

Omens
05-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Xyelin

Does it realy only take a month or two to cap out in WoW ?

Showal
05-26-2005, 03:37 PM
I imagine, when I joined, it was about a week after the release of WoW ... people were already in their 20's and I think it's a 60th level cap.

Hulkein
Not a month, I would say no. And I really doubt two months nless you play like a good average of 6-8 hours a day over the two months, while really doing nothing but gaining exp.

More like 4 months if you play casually, I'd guess. I'm only level 29 so I really have no idea though.

Hulkein
Originally posted by Showal
I imagine, when I joined, it was about a week after the release of WoW ... people were already in their 20's and I think it's a 60th level cap.

It's real easy to get to 20, much like gemstone.

You slow down though as you get higher.

Apotheosis
05-26-2005, 03:39 PM
I went back to gs before I went to WoW due to jihna threatening to wring my testicles of all fluid.

Showal
05-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Don't threaten me with a good time.

Alfster
05-26-2005, 03:49 PM
I made it two weeks, but I forgot to cancel my WoW account so I ended up paying for it for a few months...and not using it.

I just didn't find it all that entertaining.

Shari
05-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Why, because you realized you could only steal from creatures, and not people?

Jolena
05-26-2005, 05:45 PM
:popcorn:

CrystalTears
05-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Mistomeer

I didn't mean exactly 10 things at one time, but my point is that GS doesn't take all that much concentration. If I want to move from the Landing to EN, I run a script and do something else. Half the time I walk away, and when I come back, I'm moved. In a MMORPG, you have to pay attention to move. The hunt/rest GS environment encourages you to do other things while playing like work, talk on AIM, read web pages, watch TV, read a book, talk on the phone, etc...

Heh, God forbid you play a game. Not sure what Blizzard was thinking there. :rolleyes:

I would consider that a flaw of GS is that there ISN'T anything to do that you have to do something else to get through it. At least when you're playing WoW you know the players are there, and if they're not they are switched to AFK mode. For $40 a month, I'd EXPECT people to stay with their characters and/or do more in a game that keeps me entertained.

[Edited on 5/26/2005 by CrystalTears]

Fallen
05-26-2005, 09:05 PM
It is nice to see GS still has a lasting appeal even amongst the latest and greatest of Graphic driven RPGs.

Artha
05-26-2005, 09:25 PM
It is nice to see GS still has a lasting appeal even amongst the latest and greatest of Graphic driven RPGs.
Oddly enough, that appeal is that you can do things besides play the game.

Mistomeer
05-26-2005, 09:25 PM

Heh, God forbid you play a game. Not sure what Blizzard was thinking there. :rolleyes:

I would consider that a flaw of GS is that there ISN'T anything to do that you have to do something else to get through it. At least when you're playing WoW you know the players are there, and if they're not they are switched to AFK mode. For $40 a month, I'd EXPECT people to stay with their characters and/or do more in a game that keeps me entertained.

[Edited on 5/26/2005 by CrystalTears]

Yeah, but that's why I enjoy GS. I can play for 10 minutes and rest for 20 and really progress about the same as someone who plays for 30 straight minutes.

Artha
05-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Personally, that's what I like about WoW. I'm not penalized for wanting to be active all the time.