PDA

View Full Version : archer armor

Alias
03-26-2005, 04:20 PM
what would be the best armor to train up to as an archer ranger in the current game environment?

Stunseed
03-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Brigandine.

Xcalibur
03-26-2005, 04:39 PM
asg 13, chain shirt

zhelas
08-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
asg 13, chain shirt

Question?

Do the non leather armors hinder ones ability to hide? If not why stop at chain shirt why not continue to train to hauberk?

Thanks,

Zhelas

Kitsun
08-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Currently, there is no hinderance to hiding based on armor.

There were discussions about heavier armors hindering the ability to hide but it was confirmed on the official boards that it hadn't even moved beyond that point yet. Meaning that kind of change won't take place until sometime next year, at best(or worst depending who you ask).

Torso chainmail served me well from Blighted to Maaghara. When I hit OTF, I fixskill'd over to full plate for a variety of reasons.

zhelas
08-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Kitsun
Currently, there is no hinderance to hiding based on armor.

There were discussions about heavier armors hindering the ability to hide but it was confirmed on the official boards that it hadn't even moved beyond that point yet. Meaning that kind of change won't take place until sometime next year, at best(or worst depending who you ask).

Torso chainmail served me well from Blighted to Maaghara. When I hit OTF, I fixskill'd over to full plate for a variety of reasons.

Cool! Thanks for the update. I keep forgeting about the fixskills option. That is due to the old school of thinking.

Zhelas

zhelas
11-03-2005, 07:03 AM
Is there a good chart somewhere where one can see how many ranks one needs for double chain or hauberk?

Thanks.

mgoddess
11-03-2005, 10:05 AM
60 ranks for double chain, 80 for chain hauberk. (Official Armor Page on Play.net (http://www.play.net/gs4/info/armory/armor.asp))

Take the Roundtime Adder and multiply it by 20. The result is the bonus (not ranks) you need in Armor Usage to wear the armor.

(ETA: Also wanted to point out that any armor past doubles will give a ranger spell/magic hinderance. More information about that on the above link.)

[Edited on 11-3-2005 by mgoddess]