PDA

View Full Version : Enchanting wizard for sale

Fengus
03-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Wizard designed to enchant and does this well, grew bored of this and am now looking to sell the character.

Capable of enchanting upto 7x. Still has working giftbox stat increaser, never removed and very little decay time in-game (ie rarely ever in the game very long). Stats are optimum for an enchanter, character has lots of unused TPs currently and has a fixskills.

Also is able to do a full spellup with own mana and wracking (which he can do in public because he has 11 spirit). So you can have a sideline buisness in addition to enchanting.

Gift of adventure can be accepted or other methods. Also note you'll have to cover any transfer costs. PM with your offers or questions.

StrayRogue
03-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Level and cost?

Fengus
04-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Bump

Character level is 25, and about 2k away from level up.

Minimum bid I'd say about $15.

Gan
04-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Level 25 and capable of enchanting up to 7x???? You're not serious are you?

StrayRogue
04-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Last I read, 32 was the minimum that anyone with any sort of valued input on the boards had tested.

FinisWolf
04-02-2005, 01:42 AM
I am with Stay, 25 isn't trained well enough for 7X. I would only enchant for others to 5X, myself to 6X at 25. I have a wizard that does just that at 25 (which is where he will stay "25"), my other wizard is mid 30's and yes, is very capable of doing 7X, though I will only do 6X publically.

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

[Edited on 4-2-2005 by FinisWolf]

Makkah
04-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Noone ever claimed Fengus was smart.

Fengus
04-03-2005, 01:23 AM
Lets stay on topic people, I don't come to your threads and act like retarded 3 yr olds, respect yourself and others.

The character has done 7x projects, multiple 6x, and untold lesser projects. That is all this character does, his stats and skills are trained for one purpose, that is to enchant.

I don't know who's advice you respect on this board, but I respect Tsoran's above anyone here. And his knowledge of enchanting is what the basis of this character was founded, a year ago.
All of your statements are conjecture, as I have a character that has proven your "info" to be inaccurate.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 09:15 AM
It's very easy to a level 25 to enchant high gear.

You remove ALL skills beside MIU, SR, HR, MC, and spells.

I'm guessing the guy has done that, and maybe more.

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 10:00 AM
You don't know about enchanting X or playing a wizard for that matter. For one most runestaff wizards train in nothing but the above, throw in PT and 4 ranks of armor, plus those skills ALONE are not what makes a decent enchanter. What is most important besides MIU is Wizard and Major ranks. Stop trying to pretend you know anything about something you clearly do not.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 10:02 AM
I played a wizard and succeeding in it for a BIG while while you were still a level 20 flirting every damn girly in the game.

HE DOESN'T NEED To train in crap BESIDE the skills/spells needed for enchanting.

Some people do that and it's working.

He DOESN'T need armor as the character is used as an enchanter.

HE DOESN'T need physical training beside a few, because the character is used as an enchanter.

And so on.

P.S. Stop being idiot for a while

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 10:03 AM
How many enchanting wizards have you played in GS4?

Oh none. Unless you're a liar about not playing in GS4.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 10:06 AM
HAhAhAHAH man, the thing is so full of crap. You win again, you are the champion, you know gs, gs is you, you are gs. CONGRATS!

p.s. A level 25 well trained can enchant easily to 6X.

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 10:07 AM
You didn't answer the question, did you?

So you either know shit, or you're a liar.

6x isn't 7x either, you fucking douche. Theres quite a big difference in skill needed between the two.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Why do you call me a shower, thing?

I answered your answer, thing.

6X isn't 7X? HOLY SHIT! The only difference needed between the 2 is more ranks.

Enchanting isn't level based anymore, thought you knew it, thing?

p.s. Leave my life alone, you envious hypocrite thing.

Asha
04-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Xcalibur

Heheh, you're reminding me so much of the french invaders in Monty Pythons' Holy Grail.
No lie. :heart:

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Trully?

And that movie kicked ass.

Therefore..:cool:

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 10:15 AM
LOL, the difference between 6x and 7x is two ranks??!

Dumbest thing I've read all day.

And no, you didn't answer my question:

Have you played an enchanting wizard in GS4, bearing in mind you've claimed not to have played it.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Ok.... Not only that thing is never wrong and DO exagerate numbers/create other accounts to prove his points, but he also reads/understands what IT WANTS TO.

I said:

He understood: The only difference needed is 2 more ranks.

Therefore, fuck off, you're so right in your mind that NOTHING can change that, thing.

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Answer my question.

Asha
04-03-2005, 10:27 AM
And ::poof:: he's gone.

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Yeah, shocking isn't it.

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Still waiting.

Dwarven Empath
04-03-2005, 11:48 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Pwned.

Gan
04-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Strayrogue:

:ultimate:

That was truly one of the most entertaining reparte's between you and X I've read yet. Way to corner him on an inconsistancy and nail him to his cross with it.

ON TOPIC:
Fengus, I think it would help if you in your sale of said enchanter if you provided some cuts of logs of your enchanting/pouring in a 7x session as well as how your stats/skills are placed. With GS4 removing the ability to realign stats, the future owner might want to review those. As an owner of an enchanting wizard myself I understand the challenges of enchanting 6x and 7x and my wizard is 57 trainings. Thus seeing some of your pour results and such would help alleviate the questions that have arisen in this thread, and perhaps would have kept it more on track.

[Edited on 4-3-2005 by Ganalon]

Fengus
04-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Gana:Post your skills and I'll tell you where you could improve.

Another tidbit the character is a member of Pauper's, and thus has access to the house workshop.
Also the character is sitting on a couple hundred TP, so further skill adjustments can be made.

Gan
04-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Gladly, although I dont need to make any improvements since my wizard is set up for max TP's and growht yet at the same time being able to enchant. I'm working on my first 7x project currently and everything is going ok. I've done multiple 6x projects for customers but never a 7x because of the time comittment.

Basically I just mentioned that you should post the stats/skills of your wizard to support your initial post that your lvl 25 wizard could ET to 7x. Having sold numerous characters here and elsewhere I know that to be a huge help in facilitating the sale.

This is just a suggestion that you could or could not follow. Although, by not posting those it tends to raise suspicions in those who might be interested and yet are naturally hesitant because of trust reasons.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Nah, he knows nothing.

A level 25 can easily enchant to 7X if made TOTALLY for enchanting.

Easily = 50-60% of success overall.

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Sorry to have stomped on your thread Fengus. I dislike it when idiots such as X who can't prove what they post, start giving out "advice".

Just to reiterate I know its possible for a level 32 mage devoted to nothing but enchanting to do a 7x. This has been proven on the officials. While I'm not discounting whether or not you can or have done it, I'm a little dubious. I'd do what Ganalon suggested and post a log or two.

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 01:37 PM
AH, back already. Why dont you answer the question then X.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 01:38 PM
It was answered. Learn to move on.

It is something that can be done.

Yeah, I would suggest hunting with that 25 and make it 40 asap so it would be a piece of cake.

But it's something that can be done still.

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 01:39 PM
No, you didn't answer the question from what I can read:

Have you played an enchanting wizard in GS4?

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 01:40 PM
I answered, check the post after yours.

That's my final answer and NO you won't know the name (s) of my character (s)

Got it NOW? :O

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Ah so you're an even bigger liar. Gotcha.

People reading, I'll tell you know, X does not know what the fuck he's on about.

Meges
04-03-2005, 02:51 PM

Actually, enchanting is still very much level based. To have the spell, you need to be level 25. To improve your chances at succeeding, you need certain skills, spell ranks, and decent stats. Since skills and spell ranks are limited in the amount you can train in them per level, a level 25 wizard will suck compared to a level 50 wizard who has trained with the same amount of frequency in spells, MIU, Arcane Symbols, other skills, has better stats and the like. How do you like that 7x armor?

Meges

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 02:54 PM
It's skill based.

Yeah, skills come with levels.

BUT a crazy fellow could put EVERYTHING of his tps to enchant.

Smart thing to do? No

Viable in playing? No

Could you enchant doing so? Yes

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 02:54 PM
It's skill based.

Smart thing to do? No

Viable in playing? No

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Yes, but not to 7x. Douche.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Stop calling me a shower, I know I'm clean person.

And yes they could enchant to 7X..

Here I am, doing some calculation.

25 levels = 26 levels spent.

Let's say the guy has put his stats to maximaze his MTPs.

So we'd say around that: (average race = human)

Level 0 25
(CON) Constitution 70 76
(STR) Strength 40 48
(DEX) Dexterity 20 45
(AGL) Agility 20 37
(DIS) Discipline 90 96
(AUR) Aura 90 98
(LOG) Logic 80 88
(INT) Intuition 70 82
(WIS) Wisdom 90 96
(INF) Influence 90 96
(TOT) Totals 660 762
(SP) Spirit 9 10
(PTP) Physical 39 42
(MTP) Mental 52 54
(MP) 0x Mana 10 10

That gives him around 1014 PTPS and around 1360 MTPS

Assuming that the following skills cost:

spell 0/8 0/16 0/32
AS 0/1 0/2
MIU 0/1 0/2
HP 0/4 0/8
Perception 0/3 0/6
Elemental lore 0/6 0/12

Now, remove those that are NOT needed.

.. (awaiting the correct answer)

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 03:06 PM
And you know the skill cut off points per enchant how....?

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 03:08 PM
What are the skills needed to enchant?

MIU + AS + 900 circle + hp + mana control?

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 03:10 PM
So, basically, you've never done a 7x enchant in GS4? Gotcha.

Xcalibur
Originally posted by StrayRogue
And you know the skill cut off points per enchant how....?

By comparaison.

Xcalibur

Since when me = coder of enchanting?

I'm not you, dude, I'm in no way a GOD in gs.

StrayRogue
What is that supposed to mean? You don't know the skill levels needed to do a specific enchant.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 03:11 PM
What is that supposed to mean? You don't know the skill levels needed to do a specific enchant.

You don't, I know.

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 03:11 PM

Since when me = coder of enchanting?

I'm not you, dude, I'm in no way a GOD in gs.

Then how do you know?

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 03:12 PM

You don't, I know.

OH really?! Then please post this knowledge because not I nor the posting wizards including some of the smartest brains in the game know the exact skill cut off points per enchant. So please, Mr. I've never done a 7x, please enlighten the Wizards of GS.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Because I know at least 3 different level 100.

And more, I can read:cool:

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Level 100 mages are not level 25 mages.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 03:14 PM
No?

SHIT!

Still, they know how to enchant, at least one of them.

:kick:

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Answer my question on the other page. I want to know the skill cut off points per enchant. I think alot of wizards would like to know as well.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Answer my question on the other page. I want to know the skill cut off points per enchant. I think alot of wizards would like to know as well.

PFFFFFF you had to pay me for that kind of knowledge, hippie thing

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 03:16 PM
You don't know do you. And you know how I know that? Because no one but the GM's know for certain the cut off points in regards to skill vs enchant.

[Edited on 3-4-05 by StrayRogue]

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 03:18 PM
You don't know do you. And you know how I know that? Because no one but the GM's know for certain the cut off points in regards to skill vs enchant.

[Edited on 3-4-05 by StrayRogue]

My point still stands.

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 03:20 PM
What point? That you're lying about knowing about enchanting?

Good one.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 03:25 PM
What point? That you're lying about knowing about enchanting?

Good one.

Post ID: 339643

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 03:26 PM
LOL, I want the mighty Xcalidoof to show us this revelation of info, defying the testing of some REAL wizards who have been playing with enchant for over two years now.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 03:29 PM
LOL, I want the mighty Xcalidoof to show us this revelation of info, defying the testing of some REAL wizards who have been playing with enchant for over two years now.

Nobody got precise numbers as they decided to put some stupid factors.

But there's many more people that knows the AROUND formula.

You just happen to have friends that are too much like you, open up your mind, bro.

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Ah, so you've lied again. You don't know.

Thanks.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Ah, so you've lied again. You don't know.

Thanks.

You said no one knew.

Since when no one means there's exceptions, idiotic being?

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 03:35 PM
No, no one but the GMs know the cut off points. No exceptions, you lying freak.

Xcalibur
04-03-2005, 03:36 PM
No, no one but the GMs know the cut off points. No exceptions, you lying freak.

Since when GMS aren't people?

And what about EX-GMS?

You presuming lying thing

StrayRogue
04-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Stop mincing words. You've been proven a liar. I didn't say people. The formula is not known or atleast not known to the player populace so neither you, or your imaginary friends know it.

HarmNone
04-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Again, that's enough. Take the pot-shots to U2U. Otherwise, this thread will be closed.

Xcalibur
Stop mincing words. You've been proven a liar. I didn't say people. The formula is not known or atleast not known to the player populace so neither you, or your imaginary friends know it.

BRB I'LL BRING MY IMAGINARY COLOCATOR/GM THAT WILL STRANGELY BACK ME UP.

Meges
It's skill based.

Smart thing to do? No

Viable in playing? No

My point stands. As with my previous example between a level 25 and 50 wizard, the level 50 wizard would still have a much better chance at succeeding in any enchant than the level 25 wizard. The simple fact of the matter is, the more levels you have, the more skills you have. Hence, enchanting is level based, still. The physical level does not play as large a role in the roll when enchanting or the ability or lack thereof in infusing mana (which doesn't matter anymore), but level means everything when it comes to the amount skill a character has. A level 50 character could just as easily be fully devoted to enchanting as a level 25 character, and as a result, the one with the greater level will enjoy a higher success rate on enchanting.

Meges

Fengus
04-04-2005, 08:11 PM
I will not divulge the skills simply because its not important, the skills affecting enchant are known. What quantity of which skill is unknown. What is known is that some skills play a larger role than others.
The pour mechanics are pretty well known and this character has a 200+ mod for pouring, but thats been suggested to have nothing to do with the actual enchating, or very little. And also since this is a skill bonus system, much higher levels really aren't much more improved, double the level is not double the value.

All enchanting runs the risk of failure, but I haven't seen much of that, none to suggest this character is at a disadvantage.

The character has not sacrificed playability, unless your idea of playability revolves solely around hunting, and in that respect the character would be back on track by level 27. While still being weak in the MnE list, this isn't that critical although the lack of spell aiming would make it more difficult (but as I said, you can regain it back by level 27).

Gan
04-04-2005, 08:16 PM
wow, they unlocked it.

Glad you have your reasons. I wish you luck in your efforts to sell said wizard with that mindset. At 15 or so bucks its not a huge risk to undertake from a buyers perspective I suppose. (30 overall counting xfer fee).

Glad they also unlocked this thread so you could also respond. Yay for not so tyrannical mods!

FinisWolf
04-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Harm unlocked at my bequest, was very kind, and way more considerate then other boards some of us may or may not frequent. Anyway..., good luck Fengus.

Finis

hectomaner
04-05-2005, 02:57 PM

taken from the enchanting documentation

* Logic, Intuition, and Aura bonuses
* Level
* Major Elemental spells known
* Wizard spells known
* Arcane Symbols skill
* Magic Item Use skill
* Choosing the appropriate potion for the project
* Using a workshop or node
* Having your familiar present
* Elemental Mana Control skill

so, enchanting IS level based. highly in fact. but i thought you knew that, thing.

or maybe simu is wrong, what would they know anyway, they only designed it

Nah, he knows nothing.

A level 25 can easily enchant to 7X if made TOTALLY for enchanting.

Easily = 50-60% of success overall.

50-60% overall success is NOT easily. i consider easily to be 95% success, which would be the best possible (given the 5% fumble failure rate)

Fengus
04-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I've started a new thread to discuss the "enchating problem" and have laid out in general the known relations with enchanting. Its by far more actual data than any so far seen in this thread so perhaps use that as a guide for further debate. Additionally, use that thread for further debate.

Parker
05-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Why on god's green earth did I bother to read all this?

FinisWolf
05-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Because you like month old threads?

Finis