PDA

View Full Version : Where do you elite roleplayers hang?

Back
09-17-2003, 10:54 PM
I know RR is a bastion of RP, but in the landing, where do the good, hardcore RPers hang? Helga's is good some nights.

Kurili
09-18-2003, 12:50 AM
My girls just sort of wander about, searching for others to RP with. I am in Helga's fairly often, usually hiding somewhere while reading PC. Seems the Porch has been dead lately. Been sort of preoccupied lately, so I cant say I've been doing a lot of RP to be honest.

Acolyte Kurili

DCSL
09-18-2003, 03:03 AM
I dunno about elite, but when I want to role-play, I hang around the niche in the small park. Or if I want large-scale role-play, I go to Solhaven. River's Rest... eh... overrated. It's so very insular there that unless you know someone going in, it'll take a year and a day for them to accept you enough to even listen to your comments.

I should know, I took a character through all that, heh! In the end, it's worth it, 'cause if you get to be a regular in RR, you have great scope and a great cast for any storyline you want to do. But you have to have patience and not get too frustrated when everyone acts like they can't even hear your character.

CrystalTears
09-18-2003, 04:00 AM
I don't go anywhere specific to roleplay. I make it happen around me. :D

StrayRogue
09-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by DCSL
I dunno about elite, but when I want to role-play, I hang around the niche in the small park. Or if I want large-scale role-play, I go to Solhaven. River's Rest... eh... overrated. It's so very insular there that unless you know someone going in, it'll take a year and a day for them to accept you enough to even listen to your comments.

I should know, I took a character through all that, heh! In the end, it's worth it, 'cause if you get to be a regular in RR, you have great scope and a great cast for any storyline you want to do. But you have to have patience and not get too frustrated when everyone acts like they can't even hear your character.

So very true. Some would say its not worth the effort. Isn't GS meant to be an RP game, where the RP is atleast meant to be nurtured?

Betheny
09-18-2003, 10:36 AM
The Garden Niche in the Landing is where I do my hanging out, when I'm there. I"ve outgrown the hunting in the area though, and am on Teras.. but won't be there long. Illistim is my only other option. Which means Briarstone NW for me.

AnticorRifling
09-18-2003, 10:56 AM
The alchemist's supply is my hang out. I'm normally leaning against the building there. In the landing I was hard pressed to be anywhere but the garden niche.

Dighn Darkbeam
09-18-2003, 01:02 PM
River's Rest Common Area, HS steps.

StrayRogue
09-18-2003, 01:07 PM
Good RP moves around, I find. I also see alot of great RP at the bigger pay-per-play events and the various quests going on. But then they are generally cliquey as hell.

Kurili
09-18-2003, 03:38 PM
HS steps are generally deserted anymore, or close to it. At least when I go there.

Acolyte Kurili

Dighn Darkbeam
09-18-2003, 03:58 PM
Too bad. Used to be Lochraven and a couple of her Qhala'ae would be about. I understand many of you may dislike the Dhe'nar, though she was/is one of the more tolerant ones willing to roleplay with anyone.

Artha
09-18-2003, 04:50 PM
A truly elite roleplayer doesn't go to 1 place to roleplay. They roleplay everywhere.

[Edited on 9-18-2003 by Artha]

Jack
09-18-2003, 06:12 PM
HS can be good at times, but Devilslove, and her slut-slaves tend to ruin things there.

-Jack

Kurili
09-18-2003, 06:24 PM
I remember one of Lochraven's 'kids' was a Halfling, Quilthais. I always found humor in that. And no, I dont stay if Devilslove and crew are around generally. I usually just wander around.

Acolyte Kurili

Solkern
09-18-2003, 07:35 PM
Cul-de-sac baby!

peam
09-18-2003, 07:52 PM
I agree with traveling around. While sitting in one spot you might encounter what many consider the "role-playing elite", but if you walk around and interact with numerous people in different places, I guarantee you'll have a better experience.

The best way to deal with Devilslove's slaves is to just kill one. Hilarity ensues.

Jack
09-18-2003, 08:01 PM
Killing them makes them feel important though. The funniest thing I've seen with her was when Blushes started screwing with Selania. Devilslove got all pissy, but couldn't do shit to Blushes. She called Danelo, who came in there running his mouth, and was promptly killed by Blushes. That made me laugh.

-Jack

Kurili
09-19-2003, 01:59 AM
I read the thread about the two Halflings and them. It was also hilarious.

Acolyte Kurili

Oh...I hit the cul from time to time too.

HarmNone
09-19-2003, 02:07 AM
It is sad to think that the porch steps no longer call to those who enjoy a bit of roleplay that is not concerned with killing creatures and besting one's peers...unless one counts besting one's peers with words. :D

Roleplay was never difficult to find, if one made the effort. The problem was being able to roleplay "out amongst 'em" without having it ruined by those who did not understand, and did not care to understand. There came to be so many of those that I lost the drive to continue. However, I am sure there are still those who would roleplay if only the chance were given. The best way to find them is to wander about while roleplaying on your own, I suppose.

HarmNone

Kurili
09-19-2003, 02:20 AM
I have one character I do a lot with. She's kind of annoying, but she's easy (for me) to RP with perfect strangers with. And she goes everywhere around the Landings.

My more 'normal' character isnt quite the type to just start conversations with complete strangers, but she does too, in her own way.

Acolyte Kurili

Dighn Darkbeam
09-19-2003, 08:13 AM
I often find trying to seek out Roleplaying with others I dont already know or have seen before often leads to CvC. Dighn will rarely attack first unless he is physically touched, though his RP is very abrasive.

The people I am already familiar with know about my character and tend to react with a fun argument or debate rather then just prep spell cast Dighn.

Nice characters and do-gooders can travel and interact at will. Those unsavory characters must screen their audience before engaging.

Kris na Su'ta

More Lean
09-24-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Backlash
I know RR is a bastion of RP, but in the landing, where do the good, hardcore RPers hang? Helga's is good some nights. i am the best rollplayer in gemstone probebly and you can find me at mythrak table

Weedmage Princess
09-24-2003, 05:31 AM
Heh Danelo is still around?

I remember back in the day during the Tree Spirit parties in the Elven Village, he'd sing Vibration Chant at Galadril and she'd pretend to get off on it...

Good times.... *stare*