PDA

View Full Version : My WoW moment

Jahira
05-25-2005, 02:18 AM
This happened to me a little while ago but I loved it.

I am a horde rogue. I am killing some earth elementals in Arathi one day and a alliance warrior attacks me and kills me when I am at half health( I was 40 then). That coward. He tries to camp my corpse. I don't allow this at all. I rezz and quickly stealth. I sneak away, bandage myself, sneak back, and domiante his ass as he is looking for me.

Over the next 45 minutes or so I proceded to corpse camp him. Of course I am stealthed so he thinks i am gone.

He tries to play the I am smart game and not rez for like 10 minutes. I waited him out and killed him again! But i let him think was gone so he sat down to get HPs back before I let the slaughter begin.

It finally ended when he didn't rez and a group of about 3 ?? so 50+ came and killed me. They tried to corspe camp me so I did the what the bigger person would do.........signed off and played my alt!

Omens
05-25-2005, 04:36 AM
So you did the exact same thing you were complaining about, then slammed when you were geting owned. Ok thanks.

[Edited on 5-25-2005 by Omens]

Nieninque
05-25-2005, 06:04 AM
Corpse camping is shit and after the three kills provides no more benefits (i.e. CPs)...having said that, PvP should be more than just HKs and CPs, so killing should happen. Regardless, Corpse camping sucks.

Omens you have no clue what you are talking about. Not rezzing in front of a group of people 10+ levels above you isnt slamming. It's common sense. Slamming = logging off to avoid the consequences of something...this cant happen in WoW. At least, all the times I have seen someone try, they have ended up dead before they log.

Omens
05-25-2005, 06:16 AM
Slamming = logging off to avoid the consequences of something...

They tried to corspe camp me so I did the what the bigger person would do.........signed off and played my alt!

Jennaen
05-25-2005, 06:27 AM
Except that WoW is not Gemstone. If you are not in an inn, or a major city, there is a 20 second delay as you're sitting, waiting to be logged out. Had any of those alliance come upon her then, she would have been killed. Not the same as slamming in Gemstone or other such "instant" logoff games, at all.

Nieninque
05-25-2005, 06:34 AM
Plus she was already dead...so she had already suffered the consequences...emphasising my point that Omens knows nothing about which he speaks.

Jennaen
05-25-2005, 06:40 AM
Honestly, rezzing in front of ONE person 10+ levels above you equals death. There is absolutely no reason to rez in front of three such characters.

Again, WoW is not like Gemstone. An MMORPG, yes, but very different from Gemstone in a great many ways.

Nieninque
05-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Yep...the warrior was stupid for rezzing repeatedly in front of one rogue.

The rogue rezzing in front of three high levels (who can see through stealth fairly easily) is beyond backwards.

Hence she had the sense to do something else.
I have to say that if I am being corpse camped, I would go and get a drink or do something else that I have been avoiding until the nancy campers have gone.

Back
05-25-2005, 07:07 AM
Slamming means hitting the Hot-Key for Quit, instantly dumping you from the game.

You can do that in WoW, but only where you rest. (Inside an Inn, some major city), otherwise you have a 20 second delay.

Nieninque
05-25-2005, 07:09 AM
And if you close down the game by using the X in the top right hand corner, you may think you have logged, but your body is left behind after you have gone, meaning you have probably been ganked in your absence.

Parkbandit
05-25-2005, 09:06 AM
I think she's a coward. Stabbed would have rezzed, sprinted and then vanished.

Stabbed is the fucking man though.

Jahira
05-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Actually, I was being sarcastic and I guess you people didn't pick up on it.

The way it works (or at least on skullcrusher) is the alliance are stupid dumb bitches to you, so you in turn have to do the same to them.

I was trying to throw in the irony of me complaining about him corpse camping and then doing it to him 10x over. Eh whatever. It was fun, and I have no problem logging out when there are 3 people way older than me waiting for me to rezz. What a waste of my time.

Odups
05-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey, why not just leave 'em all, since they're little b*tches to call in help anyways. If he couldn't handle you on his own, he should've run away, not go crying to friends.

05-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Odups
Hey, why not just leave 'em all, since they're little b*tches to call in help anyways. If he couldn't handle you on his own, he should've run away, not go crying to friends.

I tell this to Bayne all the time, and he's still always saying OH NO, SOMEONE 10 LEVELS UNDER ME JUST KILLED ME AGAIN, SOMEONE HELP!

Nieninque
05-26-2005, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets

I tell this to Bayne all the time, and he's still always saying OH NO, SOMEONE 10 LEVELS UNDER ME JUST KILLED ME AGAIN, SOMEONE HELP!

The only way you would know this is if you were MAing...as Dar would have logged by this point :P

Parkbandit
05-26-2005, 08:52 AM

How the fuck would you know anything about WoW? You haven't been playing in like a year or two.. I doubt you even know how to log in.

Parkbandit
05-26-2005, 08:53 AM

Come on.. if you have friends in the area.. you are going to tell me that you wouldn't have done the same? Hell, I just did the same last night with Nein. She brought her rogue over to TM.. then we both go ganked by 3 30's.

:)

Nieninque
05-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Actually, you got ganked...I watched :lol:

Parkbandit
05-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
Actually, you got ganked...I watched :lol:

You make me sad.

Nieninque
05-26-2005, 09:42 AM
I didnt watch on purpose...you were too far away from me on both times for me to do anything. By the time I even realised what was going on you were dead...the second time, I typed "look out they are back" turned to look where they were going and saw you doing little bunny hops ahead of them while your health was plummetting.
Then you pulled an Alorg: "Fucking Vanish didn't work..."

In reality, even though we caned the first one...we didnt stand a chance against two hunters 5 and 6 levels above us :sniffle:

Parkbandit
05-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
I didnt watch on purpose...you were too far away from me on both times for me to do anything. By the time I even realised what was going on you were dead...the second time, I typed "look out they are back" turned to look where they were going and saw you doing little bunny hops ahead of them while your health was plummetting.
Then you pulled an Alorg: "Fucking Vanish didn't work..."

In reality, even though we caned the first one...we didnt stand a chance against two hunters 5 and 6 levels above us :sniffle:

2 hunters and a rogue... all at least 5 levels older than us.

And now I know what Alorg is always bitching about. The hunters were retarded when they didn't put hunter's mark on me. If Vanish was working the way it was intented.. I would have gotten away or at the very least lived alot longer.

Nieninque
05-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah...I did get away using vanish, even though they poisoned me (didnt use concussive shot and didnt use hunters mark :duh:)

My vanish was on form yesterday

SnatchWrangler
05-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

And now I know what Alorg is always bitching about. The hunters were retarded when they didn't put hunter's mark on me. If Vanish was working the way it was intented.. I would have gotten away or at the very least lived alot longer.

I've got a new gripe about vanish.

The other day, I attacked a hunter in Winterspring. Didn't realize she was with a warrior. Had her down to like 20% then I got intercepted, I realized I was screwed when it was me vs. hunter+pet+tank. So I hit sprint and started running. Vanished, didn't realize the warrior had put Rend or some DoT on me. Vanish is undone, sprint runs out, I hit prep, and sprint again...so I've got a good amount of distance on me, but Rend is still damaging me, and the hunter also hit me with serpant sting.

So now I'm nearly all the way back to Everlook, Rend wears off, serpant sting wears off, I've got a good distance between me and them...so I hit vanish, happy I got away. 10 seconds later I turn around and the fucking pet is heading straight for me, attacks me and pulls me outta hiding, and that was pretty much the end of that with all my cooldowns spent.

Atleast I died right on the GY, so I just raised, stealthed, and left. Fucking pets...I can't believe I out ran all of those DoTs then the pet pulls me outta vanish/stealth. The pet wasn't even in view when I vanished (only the warrior, and he was pretty far behind me).

Parkbandit
05-26-2005, 10:15 AM
I think the deal with vanish is.. if they have a shot already in progress.. and you vanish, it will pull you back out.

It's a bug that really irritated me last night. It's happened before, but with a NPC.. and he acted as if I really did vanish.

Nieninque
05-26-2005, 10:29 AM
Yeah and Alorg it happened to you in LBRS too...when we all died and you vanished right at the end, AFTER the mob had begun prepping so you lost aggro from it but because it had started to cast, it still pulled you back out...luckily you were out of aggro range so it didnt kick off again.

I think there is that whole thing they need to look at about whether you should be able to continue prepping something that takes a few seconds to cast if the target has vanished in the mean time...it really should be like "what the fuck are you casting at?"

SnatchWrangler
05-26-2005, 10:39 AM
I think the deal with vanish is.. if they have a shot already in progress.. and you vanish, it will pull you back out.

It's a bug that really irritated me last night. It's happened before, but with a NPC.. and he acted as if I really did vanish.

Yes, this is what it is, it's what the problem has always been. Even melee attacks can make a vanish fail, although that is much more rare, because melee attacks start and end so much quicker than a spell that need to be prepped, or a bolt/arrow/bullet that has to travel a distance before hitting you.

Now you both know what I've been bitching about all this time. :P

Alledgedly this has been fixed in the Battlegrounds patch...we'll see how much it was fixed. But any improvement is better than nothing.

05-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Psssh. Vanish works fine. I don't think it's supposed to be a 100% failproof get out of combat free card.

Odups
05-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Come on.. if you have friends in the area.. you are going to tell me that you wouldn't have done the same? Hell, I just did the same last night with Nein. She brought her rogue over to TM.. then we both go ganked by 3 30's.

Actually, since I'm a big carebear, I don't have to do this. I don't ever PvP or even duel, I have no need to wimp out and call in help. :)

Parkbandit
05-26-2005, 12:09 PM

Actually, since I'm a big carebear, I don't have to do this. I don't ever PvP or even duel, I have no need to wimp out and call in help. :)

I don't think I could ever go back to a RP server.. it's like playing the game on GOD mode.

Sure getting ganked is a bitch.. but the reverse is SO fucking much fun.

SnatchWrangler
05-26-2005, 12:16 PM

I don't think I could ever go back to a RP server.. it's like playing the game on GOD mode.

Sure getting ganked is a bitch.. but the reverse is SO fucking much fun.

Getting ganked in general doesn't piss me off, only when I die to certain people, or I'm so damn close to finishing them off, and something cheap happens (ie, 2 mobs start attacking me, I miss my cold blood evis, I freeze up from lag, etc.)

Although, I do HATE long corpse runs. Why the hell isn't there a graveyard in Western Plaguelands? And why the fuck is the nearest GY to Orgrimmar south of Razor Hill? You mean to tell me the capital city of the Horde can't have a local graveyard?!?

Sean of the Thread
05-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Psssh. Vanish works fine. I don't think it's supposed to be a 100% failproof get out of combat free card.

AOE pwns Vanish.

05-26-2005, 12:19 PM
The only thing that pisses me off is when a level 19 tries to attack me and is being protected by a ??. I mean seriously, WTF?!

- Arkans

Back
06-12-2005, 01:55 AM
Tonight I hit 40, finished Into The Scarlet Monastery and got the sweet Sword of Omens for my off-hand, AND bought a raptor. Yay.

Artha
06-12-2005, 09:30 AM
I loved the SM. Did a run through once with Tinkeree and Rorschach, just to Doan though. Then got in a group with Tayre and we rolled through the place. Got some scarlet leggings or whatever (+20 str/+10 stam) and Bonebiter for the reward. And like 10g in AH fodder. In conclusion, <3 SM.