PDA

View Full Version : cman options

Remnar
03-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Is Dirtkick worth learning for sniping rangers, even if just a few ranks of it? I like the idea of its AS and perception penalty to foes and its cheap stamina and cman point costs.

FinisWolf
03-25-2005, 12:17 AM
Maybe for you its perfect, its really a personal choice.

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
03-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Sorry, thats not immensly helpful I realized.

I have found that while one cman is great in one hunting area, it may be totally useless in another, which is a reason why I really love that we can learn and unlearn.

I would say if you like the different effects it will provide, try it out, worse case scenario, you end up unlearning.

Finiswolf

Stunseed
03-25-2005, 12:53 AM
Casting 609 will make a creature lose perception. One of my only regrets now being older is not having a knockdown manuever. At 56, I've got disarm and sidebyside.

Drew
03-25-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Stunseed
Casting 609 will make a creature lose perception. One of my only regrets now being older is not having a knockdown manuever. At 56, I've got disarm and sidebyside.

You have 610 and 616 (hell, let's count 110 too). Why spend the points on a CMan?

Originally posted by Remnar
Is Dirtkick worth learning for sniping rangers, even if just a few ranks of it? I like the idea of its AS and perception penalty to foes and its cheap stamina and cman point costs.

I liked it against creatures that had high perception (like zombies) but weren't impossible to hide on (like tree spirits). I used it before focused 609 was an option, but since it takes no mana it might be valuable to you if you have extra CMan points and don't have to go out of your way to train for it. It also lets you know when the creature comes out of RT, something feint doesn't do, which is a nice feature.

Stunseed
03-25-2005, 01:25 AM
< You have 610 and 616 (hell, let's count 110 too). Why spend the points on a CMan? >

Powerhunting negates those effects. Being inside doesn't help, either. I once considered Dirtkick as a potential cman, but it wouldn't fit Stun's roleplay. All in all, it's a decent choice. If you're using a lighter OHE, hamstring is a nice one to consider, too.

FinisWolf
03-25-2005, 01:26 AM
So many choices... !!! ???

What to do..., what to do?

Finiswolf

Drew
03-25-2005, 01:27 AM
< You have 610 and 616 (hell, let's count 110 too). Why spend the points on a CMan? >

Powerhunting negates those effects.

How so?

Stunseed
03-25-2005, 01:32 AM
At 55 was the first time 610 ever worked in TK's for me. I still can't spike them, and Harbs/Steeds I only get a minimal effect. I can 110 a steed, though. I'll give you that.

Betsy still works, though. :yes:

Drew
03-25-2005, 01:36 AM
Oh oh, overhunting. Yeah, as you know I have the same problem with Chiv, but it's not like a CMan would work any better. Probably worse.

Like you said, an axe to the leg knocks 'em over real well!

Stunseed
03-25-2005, 01:43 AM
Actually, with 3 ranks of Disarm, I'm making those Harbs my bitch. Unencumbered, I prolly disarm 65-75% of the time.

Drew
03-25-2005, 02:31 AM
Actually, with 3 ranks of Disarm, I'm making those Harbs my bitch. Unencumbered, I prolly disarm 65-75% of the time.

Harbs are wizards though, how do you do against TKs?

Stunseed
03-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Harbs are MBP wearing Clerics. And TK's don't use a weapon, just claw and pound.

AnticorRifling
03-25-2005, 04:51 PM
It's all personal choice. As a wizard I've got 5 feint and 1 disarm currently. By the time it's all done I'll have 5 feint and 4 disarm. Feint is working good for me while uphunting currently. Basically you just need to find one that suits you. They all have decent abilities none being far more powerful than the other in regards to what they do.