Swimming...........................| 25 5
First Aid..........................| 20 4

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 3

Spell Lists
Ranger.............................| 13
Training Points: 10 Phy 86 Mnt

--------------------------------------------------------

He's 18 and in Voln. I'm gonna make him a two hander ambusher so here's his plan

1x armour to 30
2x two handed
1x cm
1x Physical fitness
1x ambush
2x hide
1x harness power
1x spells
1xDodge

49ptp/43mtp

I'm not sure how to tweek his stats I know CON is very low but other than that all I know is how to roll a warrior. Any help is appriciated.

Ryku
03-24-2005, 10:51 PM
You need to max out your perception or get close to maxing somehow cuz you wont be able to aim for crap otherwise. I'd suggest dropping your dodge perhaps to get enough points for perception, but if your going to ambush anything from hiding you need perception, especially with a two hander. This way you will be able to make up for some of those lost dodge ranks with 618 and it looks like you might already have that spell or will soon so your good to go. You can even shave a bit off hiding or CM to get those perception ranks.

Drew
03-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Stats look fine, when either your dex or agi bonus goes up one more point his ambush RT will drop a second which is very useful for two handed ambushing. Training is your average (if there is such a thing) two handed ranger except for one flaw: no perception. Perception plays a vital role in ambushing for two handers, IMO 1x doesn't even cut it. My two-handed ranger is 1.5x in perception and I'm mulling over going 2x. When you don't have the redux of a warrior and you don't have the defense of a sorcerer you need to make sure you hit what you aim for, and 1x perception/1x ambush correlates to hitting the head about 60% when you aim for it and the legs about 85% of the time. 1.5x perception bumps the head up to almost 80% and the legs to about 95%. No numbers for 2x yet as I haven't had a chance to test it.

My advice: Drop dodge and CM down to .8x or .75x a level and go 2x perception. Dodging is too unreliable to count on when you miss and won't give you enough DS to really matter, it also doesn't help against manuever attacks. You won't use Cmans in battle, two handed ambushing being effective enough as well as having many spells superior to Cmans. The AS difference between .75x and 1x is very minimal and you can always catch up later when you have extra TPs. With 2x perception you're going to hit where you aim enough that you won't have to worry about dodging and ranger AS through the first 50 levels is high enough with 0 CM training, much less .75x.

Good luck!

PS: Remember to skip your first harness power training on level 0, it's a waste of five valuable MTPs.

Drew
03-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Oh, Ryku beat me to it. Well as they say, great minds think alike!

StrayRogue
03-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Ryku
You need to max out your perception or get close to maxing somehow cuz you wont be able to aim for crap otherwise. I'd suggest dropping your dodge perhaps to get enough points for perception, but if your going to ambush anything from hiding you need perception, especially with a two hander.

Wrong. You need 1x ambush and percpetion to aim with a Two-hander. Being 1xed in both, I miss my target with as much regularity as someone with 2x in both skills.

Ryku
03-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Well ok Strayrogue disagrees, but the point is you definatly need atleast 1x in perception. I however found a huge increase when I bumped mine up to 2x when aiming a two hander from hiding, Strayrogue i guess didn't, you make the call.

StrayRogue
03-25-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm 50. So thats 51 ranks in each.