PDA

View Full Version : Rangers, Skill Costs, Beta Testing, etc.

CrystalTears
09-30-2003, 08:27 PM
Rangers, Skill Costs, Beta Testing, etc. · on 9/29/2003 7:33:45 PM 366

Hey there!

They've unchained me and let me out of the dungeon (heehee) to give a pep talk and give some encouraging news.

Firstly, I know there is concern over skill costs for not only rangers, but other professions as well. I've spoken with SGM Warden regarding this issue and he has assured me that as Beta progresses, he will be monitoring the situation and make any necessary changes. If no changes are made, you can be sure there will be the proper information and reasoning given as to why. I want you all to understand why something would either be changed or need to stay the same.

This brings up my second topic - testing and change. We've heard a lot about Beta and the new systems that have been rolled into that instance. One thing I'd really like to reiterate is that Beta is still a place where we test. I encourage all comments and suggestions regarding the new systems in the proper folders. That being said, I'd also like to let you know that its ok to vent (goodness knows I do!), but please realize that a system that might have been great in theory, might very well change in practice. Bottom line - don't worry too much. I know its easier said than done, but really, we're here to make a great game! If something is stupid - we'll fix it.

Saving the best for last, I wanted to let you all know that documents are coming! Now that a lot of the systems are coded and being ironed out, expect many documents to an announcement folder near you! These documents, like Beta will be a work in progress and change as needed. If you see something that's incorrect, missing, or you question, please email me at GS3-kitrina@play.net and I'll get going on figuring it out.

That's all I've got to say, so I'll get the shackles back on and cross my eyes over this Lore document. Keep positive, GS4 is going to rule.

Thanks!

~ Kitrina

This message was originally posted in Rangers, Regarding Rangers. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=30&category=36&topic=4&message= 6273

Back
09-30-2003, 10:16 PM
As a TWC ranger, I am veeeeeery happy. thx

Gsgeek
10-02-2003, 03:50 PM
I am NOT happy about the ambush changes so far in test. More specifically the downgrade to weapons critical ability. However, I also know critters have not been for the most part changed over yet so I will reserve judgement on such for the time being.

I am happy about the overall increases for defense my ranger has experienced. Between a higher DS number and the additions of the EBP system and our 640 thorn spell, my changes of getting hit physically are much much lower. That doesnt carry over quite so well to spell defesnse though, at least so far.

Justme