PDA

View Full Version : New on Wendy's menu

Ravenstorm
03-24-2005, 02:14 AM
chile con cerdo largo (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=608826)

Raven

Kitsun
03-24-2005, 02:34 AM
Thats freaking scary. Especially the fact that they can't figure out whose finger it is!

Hips
03-24-2005, 04:07 AM
Hahahah, my boyfriend's brother works at a Wendy's in Michigan and he warned us never to eat the chili.

NOW WE KNOW WHY!

Nakiro
03-24-2005, 04:14 AM
I work at wendy's and eat the chili there almost every day I work there. If that finger got into the chili it wasn't from the meat, it was from the canned beans.

The chili is made fresh daily. They use well done hamburger meat, various beans, chopped vegetables, and a chili powder to mix to make it.

But the not knowing whose it is thing is kinda weird. You figure if you lost your finger you'd report it to your boss.

FinisWolf
03-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Was eating a damn bowl of chilli when I read this and gaged...

::shiver::

Finiswolf

Back
03-24-2005, 07:23 AM
Going to Wendy’s for lunch now HELL YEAH

Trinitis
03-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Nakiro
I work at wendy's and eat the chili there almost every day I work there. If that finger got into the chili it wasn't from the meat, it was from the canned beans.

The chili is made fresh daily. They use well done hamburger meat, various beans, chopped vegetables, and a chili powder to mix to make it.

But the not knowing whose it is thing is kinda weird. You figure if you lost your finger you'd report it to your boss.

ROFLMGDAO

Way to try to cover it up! I worked there when I was in High school. "Well done" meat is an understatement.

For those that don't know, Wendy's has burgers cooking at all times. They place can be dead, and they still have at least 2 burger patties on the grill. If these burgers get overcooked (burnt), the person manning the grill (which was me) removes the patties, and places them in a stainless steel container (ours happened to be a drawer above the grill). When we close, we pulled the drawer out, covered it with a towl, and placed it in the walk in cooler. The next morning, the openers would fill a large vat with hot water, add the dryed mix, and stir well. Then pull out the old burger meat from last night, chop it up, and dump it into the mix. Bam, chilli for the whole day.

Parkbandit
03-24-2005, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't stop eating chili at Wendy's due to this freak accident. I might though.. after hearing Adredrin's summary of how it's made.

CrystalTears
03-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
I wouldn't stop eating chili at Wendy's due to this freak accident. I might though.. after hearing Adredrin's summary of how it's made.

I second that. Damn Adredrin. :puke:

HarmNone
03-24-2005, 11:44 AM
I have never indulged in Wendy's chili. I now know that I shall never do so. :barf:

Gan
03-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Finger licking good I'll say.

Isnt the USDA allowable unintended protein content like .2% or something? I'll do a google and see if I can find some interesting facts about mass food preparation and what they do with pieces/parts/things that arent on the recepie and yet still make it into the process. YUM

Snapp
03-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
I have never indulged in Wendy's chili. I now know that I shall never do so.
Same here. :weird: How odd that no one claimed the finger...

Jenisi
03-24-2005, 08:59 PM
That's pretty jacked up

Back
03-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Think of the fingernail like a shrimp shell.

DeV
03-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
Think of the fingernail like a shrimp shell. Gross.

peam
03-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Adredrin

Originally posted by Nakiro

ROFLMGDAO

Way to try to cover it up! I worked there when I was in High school. "Well done" meat is an understatement.

For those that don't know, Wendy's has burgers cooking at all times. They place can be dead, and they still have at least 2 burger patties on the grill. If these burgers get overcooked (burnt), the person manning the grill (which was me) removes the patties, and places them in a stainless steel container (ours happened to be a drawer above the grill). When we close, we pulled the drawer out, covered it with a towl, and placed it in the walk in cooler. The next morning, the openers would fill a large vat with hot water, add the dryed mix, and stir well. Then pull out the old burger meat from last night, chop it up, and dump it into the mix. Bam, chilli for the whole day.

I served time at Wendy's too. I don't see why people make a big fuss about the process for chili meat.

The process goes exactly as Adredrin described. Meat that is getting dried out on the grill is put into a holding drawer above the grill that keeps it a designated temperature.

After the drawer is full, the meat is removed and frozen.

When a batch of chili is made, a bag of chili meat (containing 32 patties, if I remember right) is pulled from the freezer, mixed together with water and the other chili mix, and cooked at a high temperature for about 2-3 hours.

The cooking process remoisturizes the meat and creatues the delicious nectar of the Gods known as Wendy's Chili. The meat you're getting isn't weeks old. It's not meat that has been rubbed around on the floor, left sitting out at unsafe temperatures for hours at a time, or anything else like that. It's just well-done dried meat, that gets remoisturized through the process.

I miss it so much.

Back
03-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Oh Dave must be rolling over in his grave!

Brattt8525
03-24-2005, 10:58 PM
OMG they just showed this on the news, jesus they even had to show a picture of it for gods sake <gag>

Kyra
03-24-2005, 11:11 PM
Makes you wonder if the rest of the person didn't wind up in the mix also... :puke:

K.

Brattt8525
03-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Kyra
Makes you wonder if the rest of the person didn't wind up in the mix also... :puke:

K.

:scared:

Wezas
04-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Finger Lickin Update (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=651529)

Wendy's maintains the finger did not enter the food chain in its ingredients. All the employees at the San Jose store were found to have all their fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients have reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

The Santa Clara County coroner's office, using a partial fingerprint to attempt to find a match in an electronic database, came up empty. DNA testing is still being conducted.

04-08-2005, 04:09 PM
if it was a whole hand, the republicans would try and keep it alive

Ravenstorm
04-08-2005, 04:45 PM
They still can't find the former owner of the finger and have now searched the house of the woman who 'found' it. Bizarre.

Raven

Keller
04-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
if it was a whole hand, the republicans would try and keep it alive

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 11111111111

Brattt8525
04-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
They still can't find the former owner of the finger and have now searched the house of the woman who 'found' it. Bizarre.

Raven

You know, wouldn't you think someone would report a finger missing? Good god that just scares me.

xtc
04-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Wezas
Finger Lickin Update (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=651529)

Wendy's maintains the finger did not enter the food chain in its ingredients. All the employees at the San Jose store were found to have all their fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients have reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

The Santa Clara County coroner's office, using a partial fingerprint to attempt to find a match in an electronic database, came up empty. DNA testing is still being conducted.

I heard this on the news last night. Is this a round about way of saying that the customer put it in there?

Ravenstorm
04-09-2005, 05:20 PM
The woman has had about six lawsuits against various companies in the past. If she did it I just want to know where she got the damn finger.

Raven

Brattt8525
04-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
The woman has had about six lawsuits against various companies in the past. If she did it I just want to know where she got the damn finger.

Raven

I saw her on the news the other day yelling at reporters. As far as if she put the finger in the chili my guess is some poor homeless person woke up and screamed MY FINGERRRRRRRRR.

CrystalTears
04-14-2005, 04:05 PM
The Finger Saga Continues (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,153439,00.html)

Apathy
04-14-2005, 04:30 PM
If it was deep fried along with the nuggets do you think she would have even noticed?

Gan
04-22-2005, 09:22 AM
And continues some more....

Now the finger finder has been arrested.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/22/wendys.finger.ap/index.html

I wonder where she got the finger. :?:

Snapp
04-22-2005, 09:30 AM
That crazy bitch. Wendys should sue the pants off of her.

Parkbandit
04-22-2005, 09:43 AM
Just another shining example of what is wrong with this country. People believe that sueing a large corporation = winning the lottery... and they'll do anything they can to make it happen, even stage the entire thing.

Sad.

04-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Sueing her? Eh, I bet she has no money whatsoever so it would be kind of pointless.

- Arkans

Gan
04-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Whats sad is that there have been numerous attempts of planting rats and other foreign parts into fast food containers in the past. It was part of the 'slip and fall lawsuit era'.

I think almost all of those failed on the part of the claimant. The one case that stands out as a benchmark for suits targeting the large companies was the McDonalds coffee to go incident.

Just goes to show you who attractive the 'easy' buck is.

If she's guilty then I hope they fine her an arm and a leg to go along with the finger.

04-22-2005, 10:11 AM
How about we limit lawsuits and this wouldn't happen? We breed a society of not being responsible for one's actions and we're surprised by this? C'mon now.

- Arkans

Gan
04-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Agreed.

Parkbandit
04-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Ganalon
Whats sad is that there have been numerous attempts of planting rats and other foreign parts into fast food containers in the past. It was part of the 'slip and fall lawsuit era'.

I think almost all of those failed on the part of the claimant.

Actually, most big businesses usually just give them go away money.. which is why people like this cunt exist.

Gan
04-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Considering the cost of councel and trial preparation, I'd agree PB. Its easier just to cut a nuisance check and get signatures for nondisclosure as well as release of further litigation. Like moths to flame they are.

[Edited on 4-22-2005 by Ganalon]

Wezas
04-22-2005, 01:18 PM
I heard a day or two ago that Wendy's had upped the "Proof of where the finger came from" reward to $100,000. Because they're losing money over it (Especially in the CA area where this took place)

Jorddyn
04-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Originally posted by Ganalon

I think almost all of those failed on the part of the claimant.

Actually, most big businesses usually just give them go away money.. which is why people like this cunt exist.

The company I work for offered $250 to someone who found something "gross looking" in his meat.

It turned out to be a part of the animal, and was approximately the size of a large grain of rice.

He turned it down and is suing us. He wants over $100,000. Because there was something gross looking in his sandwich. That he did not eat.

Jorddyn, disgusted

Edited to add "looking." The part that was in the meat was perfectly acceptable, it just had not been fully ground.

[Edited on 4-22-2005 by Jorddyn]

Czeska
05-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Wendy's Hoping To Put Finger Episode Behind It

POSTED: 9:48 pm EDT May 10, 2005

DUBLIN, Ohio -- Wendy's is expanding a junior Frosty giveaway that boosted sales at the California restaurant where a woman claimed to have found a finger in her chili, the burger chain said Tuesday.

The claim, which authorities now believe was a hoax, has contributed to slumping sales at Wendy's International Inc.'s burger restaurants.

Under the new promotion, customers can claim their free dessert on Friday, Saturday or Sunday at restaurants around the country. No purchase is necessary.

"We're thanking our loyal customers for their support following the incident in San Jose," said Tom Mueller, Wendy's president and chief operating officer.

Wendy's has said that a junior Frosty giveaway last month helped boost sales by 15 percent at the San Jose store where the finger accusation was made.

The company said it gave away 100,000 free desserts in northern California during the previous promotion. It estimates it will give away 14 million this weekend.

Anna Ayala, 39, said she bit down on a finger fragment in March at the Wendy's restaurant. She was arrested last month after police said they believed it was a hoax.

Ayala, who has maintained her innocence, is charged with attempted grand larceny in the Wendy's case and grand larceny in an unrelated case.

Authorities said the digit did not appear to have simmered in chili, and Ayala may have planted it to extort money from the restaurant chain based in this Columbus suburb.

Snapp
05-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Mmmm free Frosties. :drool: At least some good came of her finger episode.

Ravenstorm
05-13-2005, 05:57 PM
The jig is up. (http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2005/05/13/ap2027268.html)

Now it's Wendy's turn to sue her for the millions lost. They'd win too.

Raven

Farquar
05-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Poor wendy's. They'd totally and utterly win a civil suit. Too bad most of these kinda deadbeat defendants are judgment proof. The best they can hope for is a nice slam drunk in the criminal case.

Skirmisher
05-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Wow...that was shocking. :rolleyes:
Wendy's is going to own her and her children.

Gan
05-13-2005, 07:28 PM
They need to make sure she eats plenty of chilli while in prison. Wonder if her 'cellies' will nickname her Wendy...