PDA

View Full Version : Most Efficient

Artha
09-17-2003, 08:38 PM
I've heard two ways of hunting are the most efficent:

Starting at muddled and frying
or
Starting at clear (the one before muddled) and frying.

Which is the most efficient?

Bobmuhthol
09-17-2003, 08:40 PM
Muddled, but only if you can fry quickly. You get the most experience when you're numbed.

Scott
09-17-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Artha
I've heard two ways of hunting are the most efficent:

Starting at muddled and frying
or
Starting at clear (the one before muddled) and frying.

Which is the most efficient?

Well muddled would be simply because you learn more per pulse at muddled then you do at clear. So letting yourself learn less for a period of time isn't really efficient.

Artha
09-17-2003, 08:54 PM
Alright, thanks.

Currently, I'm taking advantage of reallocation, so intelligence and logic both have 26 bonuses :)

Xcalibur
09-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Pulse takes around 1 minute, to get the HIGHEST exp per minute is to fry your maximum, rest one minute, right after the pulse, go hunt a monster, kill it before the pulse and rest until you get it, repeat

if your max you get is 35, you get 35*60=2100, which i think is the highest per hour (beside if you meditate or dream)

To maximaze time, i usually get 2 pulses though

Good fame too

[Edited on 18-9-03 by Xcalibur]

AnticorRifling
09-17-2003, 10:54 PM
Fastest I ever gained lvl's was hunting in Anwyn Castle. I would hunt until out of mana, rest at the bower til full of mana and repeat. I wouldn't worry about how low my mind got if I was full on mana I went back out. If this meant that I was leaving pink so be it.

Only time I ever hunted by only casting too. Wights get destroyed by minor acid, and my guess is now major fire rocks them too with the ball affect.

Adhara
09-17-2003, 11:01 PM
I found the most efficient for me, albeit tedious, is to go back out at becoming numb. Tedious because I like to do other stuff on the computer while I'm resting and from fried to becoming numb is really not a long time. I usually go to muddled unless I'm in a hurry to level or on a RPA. Then again I absorb the same off node as I do on the node.

Test it and find which you like best is my advice. Do it for an hour with draining til muddled, noting exp before and after, then do another hour at clear or becoming numb. Eventually you'll find what's right for you.