PDA

View Full Version : Wavedancer Script

Nilandia
03-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Greetings, all.

I'm trying to gauge interest in a script for the Wavedancer. It will be much like my dhumerch script (later incorporated into gs4.org's dhu script), which would tell people the names of the merchants on the ship, what they did and where they are. You could look up the types of work merchants would do as well as get a list of which merchant does each type.

The script I have is (obviously) not complete, but here's a small preview.

>.wave
Nilandia's Wavedancer Merchant Records, Year 5105

Usage: .wave <"list," "work," "state," "first," "second," "general," (merchant name), (work type)>

"list" will list merchant names
"work" will list types of services
"state," "first," "second" and "general" will list merchants found in that shop area

(merchant name) will bring up the location and type of work for that merchant
(work type) will list merchants performing that type of service

>.wave shop
Merchants working on a specific shop's inventory on the Wavedancer:

Calioloa (perfume for Stateroom, possibly for others)
Cedrique (lockets)
Elynnia
Idle? (keepsakes)
Jemia (bejeweling headwear from her shop; Stateroom, possibly for others)
Lowynn
Maskasnia (adding shop-themed accents to items)
Mavikia (lacing clothing)
Mykhael? (gloves)
Pandiqa (Stateroom, possibly for others)
Rohil? (spectacles)

End of list.

So, any interest?

Nilandia

Anailea
03-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Yep, interested.

Thanks.

FinisWolf
03-23-2005, 05:18 AM
I would say I am interested in your generosity Nilandia, but then you are pissed off at me.

In any event, I am interested.

Finis

YancyDC
03-23-2005, 09:06 AM
I'd be very interested in this, as I could stop looking everwhere to get info. I highlighted all the names at the last Ebon's, my first pay event, and only got an alter because I had the name in yellow.

Actually, is there any way you could add a string to highlight all those names? That'd be sweet.

Fallen
03-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Very much interested, Nilandia.

Warriorbird
03-23-2005, 10:35 AM
I imagine it'll help people out with merchants a lot... but it'll also lead to people who have not a damn clue about their surroundings in a festival, which is always ridiculous.

Nilandia
03-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Alright, guys, I'll work on the script. I will be relying on you, though, to supply me with information. If you see a merchant I don't have listed, if you see one in a location I don't note, or they perform a service that I don't have, please let me know. You have my AIM, so you know how to get in touch with me.

The vast majority of my work is to put stuff together so people can use it better, and this one's no exception. I rely on everyone else to provide me with information.

Regarding highlighting. I do provide the list of merchant names so people know which names to highlight. Given that people use difference colors for merchants and Wizard and SF have difference codes for highlighting stuff (Converting a Wizard highlighting script to SF was fun), adding highlighting code would be impossible to work for everyone.

Finiswolf, my problem is not with you per se. I am more upset that you seem not to be grateful for a ticket you got through luck. And now that I've had time away, I've been able to calm down a good bit. There is little I can do to change the situation as it stands. If you wish the script, I will provide it.

Nilandia

Nilandia
03-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
I imagine it'll help people out with merchants a lot... but it'll also lead to people who have not a damn clue about their surroundings in a festival, which is always ridiculous.
I'm afraid of that, myself. But I think people would be more upset that they couldn't get to the merchants because they have no idea what's going on.

Nilandia

Nilandia
03-23-2005, 05:33 PM
For your perusal and enjoyment, version 1.0 of the Wavedancer script.

http://www.nilandia.com/merchants/wave.txt

It works for both Wizard and SF just fine, no conversions needed. All you do is create a new script called wave (or whatever you want to call it), and copy and paste the text from the page into the script editing window.

Enjoy!

Nilandia

4a6c1
03-23-2005, 06:31 PM
deeply unconditionally overwhelmingly h8 u all because u are going and i have to work. h8. forever.

that is all

the end

<3
me

AnticorRifling
03-23-2005, 06:34 PM
h8 nothin I'm still at work.

Good news is I've got the cha cha slide playing.

1 hop this time

1 hop this time

Right foot 2 stomps

Left foot 2 stomps

Slide to the left

Slide to the right

Crisscross

Crisscross

Cha Cha real good

FinisWolf
03-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Nilandia
Finiswolf, my problem is not with you per se. I am more upset that you seem not to be grateful for a ticket you got through luck. And now that I've had time away, I've been able to calm down a good bit. There is little I can do to change the situation as it stands. If you wish the script, I will provide it.

Nilandia

Nilandia~

I really wish you would read the rest of my posts, and believe me when I say I simply raised concerns voiced to me, and ones of my own.

Others turned it into some bitch-fest, which is 360 degrees in the wrong direction.

I am extremely excited about my ticket, I KNOW I got extremely lucky, and I thank my lucky stars I got so lucky.

Anyway, hopefully, you will believe this post. Of course my odds are thin, as you have not believed the rest.

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
03-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Site is down or something...

Finis

Nilandia
03-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by FinisWolf
Nilandia~

I really wish you would read the rest of my posts, and believe me when I say I simply raised concerns voiced to me, and ones of my own.

Others turned it into some bitch-fest, which is 360 degrees in the wrong direction.

I am extremely excited about my ticket, I KNOW I got extremely lucky, and I thank my lucky stars I got so lucky.

Anyway, hopefully, you will believe this post. Of course my odds are thin, as you have not believed the rest.

Finiswolf
We shall see, perhaps. I am not so stubborn as to admit I am wrong, as it has happened. I will, of course, need a reason to change my mind.

For reference, reiterating the point many times over doesn't help change the mind. I tend to tune out after the first few times. :D

Actions speak louder than words in this, Finiswolf. Don't go out of your way to prove yourself, but just go as you would. How you really are would convince anyone more readily than protestations.

Anywho, enough babbling.

Good luck to you.

Nilandia

Nilandia
03-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by FinisWolf
Site is down or something...

Finis
Site's been odd tonight for some reason. After a couple refreshes, I've been able to bring it up, but a few pages just don't want to load.

Nilandia

Nilandia
03-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Had a poke around the site, and it seems to be steady again. If you guys had problems, go ahead and try again.

Nilandia

FinisWolf
03-24-2005, 07:23 AM
I have been trying since whenever my first post was, still not going. Seems those on the officials are still having problems as well.

Funny part is, my Fiance'e managed to get ... LOL

O well...,

Hope that hiccup gets fixed for you Nilandia.

Finiswolf

Asha
03-24-2005, 07:33 AM
Is there a map for this event yet?
I'd rather not use the script , and I only really care about 2 merchants.

The rest I can do at my lesiure.

Asha
03-24-2005, 02:59 PM
So , is there a map for this festival?

Nilandia
03-24-2005, 02:59 PM
It appears to have been a problem with the company that hosted the site. I just checked the forums for the company, and I found this posted today.

"Several of IP addresses were blocked by our upstream provider to stop the DOS attack from hitting our network. This has also made some of our customer's websites to become inaccessible. All IP addresses have been unblocked and all services have been restored. Thank you for your patience."

In other words, there was a problem that the company tried to fix, and some sites were down for a bit. Things should be fine now.

As far as I know, there is no map made for the ship. I'm in contact with someone who said they might be interested in making one, though getting one out does take time.

Nilandia

Miss X
03-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Your script rocks Nilandia! Thanks so much! :heart:

FinisWolf
03-25-2005, 12:05 AM
I appreciate the effort you not only put into the script, but all the investigation to see why people were not getting access, thats above and beyond!

Finiswolf

Nilandia
03-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Getting IMs forwarded to your phone at midnight will do that to a person. :D

Nilandia

FinisWolf
03-25-2005, 12:38 AM
O good gads! I am feelin for you...

HUGS

Finiswolf

Nilandia
04-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Most recent update for the merchant info script.

I've updated merchant info as I have it, though I bet I've missed a bunch. Also added room numbers for the shop where a merchant can be found, according to the gs4.org map.

Latest updates have just about doubled the script size, so there's a ton more info.

If anyone finds any misspelling, incorrect info or missing info, please let me know.

Current ponderings: shop portals to know which door to go in, merchant descriptions if I can get them from Vyrshkana, moving to Paelo's map since it may be more accurate once Vyrshkana finishes working with her.

Script is found at: http://www.nilandia.com/merchants/wave.txt
It runs on both SF and Wizard. Just create a script to hold it (I call it .wave), then copy and paste the text into the script editing window.

Enjoy!

FinisWolf
04-07-2005, 08:40 PM
:yes: Thanks Nilandia :yes: