PDA

View Full Version : Fixskilling a 39 empath from warpath to pure

Lucktar
12-18-2019, 09:20 AM
About to use a fix skill, and covert from Warpath to pure.

This emapth will be a hunter using a runestaff, not sitting in TSC healing. He will also be used to heal my alts, and provide decent mana bread.

Here are stats.

Strength (STR): 67 (8) ... 67 (8)
Constitution (CON): 82 (16) ... 82 (16)
Dexterity (DEX): 64 (12) ... 64 (12)
Agility (AGI): 71 (20) ... 71 (20)
Discipline (DIS): 76 (8) ... 76 (8)
Aura (AUR): 82 (16) ... 82 (16)
Logic (LOG): 78 (14) ... 78 (14)
Intuition (INT): 67 (8) ... 67 (8)
Wisdom (WIS): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
Influence (INF): 100 (30) ... 100 (30)

Current skill set up
Armor Use..........................| 90 20
Shield Use.........................| 140 40
Combat Maneuvers...................| 128 34
Edged Weapons......................| 140 40
Physical Fitness...................| 126 33
Magic Item Use.....................| 30 6
Harness Power......................| 150 50
Elemental Mana Control.............| 86 19
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 134 37
Perception.........................| 30 6
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 20 4

What I'm thinking about changing to.

Armor Use 8
Physical fitness 54
Arcane Symbol 39
Magic Item 39
Harness Power 55
Mana control:spirt 39
Blessing lore 33
Transformation lore 30
Climbing 15
Swiming 15
Perception 39
First Aid 79

Major Spirt spells 25
Minor Spirt 21
Empath spells 60

Any input would be appreciated. Lores seems pretty complex for an empath lots of good options.

How to the stats look? Do I need to use a fix stat or are they good enough.

Izzy
12-18-2019, 09:49 AM
Seems a bit chaotic for my taste. Some thoughts:
1) Technically 1x is (level + 1), so you should be at 40 ranks of anything that fits that bill. For a pure, that generally means MIU, AS, Mana control, lore, and HP. On that note, HP is a bit odd in that it has diminishing returns beyond (level) ranks, so "1x" for HP is usually just at level to get the 3 mana/rank. Anything beyond that is only 1 mana per rank.
2) PF seems high, I'd stick this to 1x. Perception at 1x is solid
3) First aid seems high to me. 1x if you think it brings value I guess. Possibly doing for skinning, in which case maybe full 2x (80 ranks)
4) Armor, swim/climb look on point.
5) Spells look solid
6) Stats are workable, no need to fixstat until cap IMO

Based on all that, I would expect something like:
Armor Use 8
Physical fitness 40
Arcane Symbol 40
Magic Item 40
Harness Power 39
Mana control:spirt 40
Blessing lore 33
Transformation lore 7
Climbing 15
Swiming 15
Perception 40
First Aid 40

Major Spirt spells 25
Minor Spirt 21
Empath spells 60

I would expect this would leave you a fair amount of free TPs, which you could put back into lore or back into HP if you're really hurting for mana. Additionally, pumping into more spells round out the circles (eg 130). Sounds like you'll generally be hunting with your other characters, which makes mana a lot less scarce in my experience. Or, just hold onto some points until you give it a go and get a feel for what you feel might be lacking.

Just my 2 cents. Hope some of it is helpful.

Lucktar
12-18-2019, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the feedback Izzy.

I had PF at 2x, becuase 2 out of 3 of the empaths types on the wiki guide have it at 2X. I wasn't really sure why that was the case. I figured it had to do with being able to heal blood loss better, one of my characters he will be healing is a giantman and has lots of HP.

I was thinking I would need the extra mana, but I think when I'll make the fix skill I'll leave it at 1x HP and if feel like I need the mana I can put in HP other wise add to lores.

I was going to 2x in FA for skinning, I thought bone shatter didn't damage skins so it seems like that would be helpful and it's cheap.

I had the lores set to specific thresholds I wanted to receive, and then figured I could decide if I should keep training them or start getting other lores.

What is the reasoning for dropping transformation lore from 30 -7?

For now I will be hunting by myself but will be spelled up by a ranger, wiz, and sorc.

Looking forward to getting a big bump to my CS from this change. Hunting empaths seem pretty bad ass.

Furryrat
12-18-2019, 11:20 AM
You'll be relying on bone shatter to hunt at this level, so it would be best to absolutely maximize your CS at the expense of anything else. That means keeping your major and minor spirit at 2/3 of level (rounded up), as well. I would pull points from lores to raise those both to 26 ranks and keep empath at level +21.

Lucktar
12-18-2019, 11:36 AM
ok excellent suggestion.

Izzy
12-18-2019, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the feedback Izzy.

I had PF at 2x, becuase 2 out of 3 of the empaths types on the wiki guide have it at 2X. I wasn't really sure why that was the case. I figured it had to do with being able to heal blood loss better, one of my characters he will be healing is a giantman and has lots of HP.

I was thinking I would need the extra mana, but I think when I'll make the fix skill I'll leave it at 1x HP and if feel like I need the mana I can put in HP other wise add to lores.

I was going to 2x in FA for skinning, I thought bone shatter didn't damage skins so it seems like that would be helpful and it's cheap.

I had the lores set to specific thresholds I wanted to receive, and then figured I could decide if I should keep training them or start getting other lores.

What is the reasoning for dropping transformation lore from 30 -7?

For now I will be hunting by myself but will be spelled up by a ranger, wiz, and sorc.

Looking forward to getting a big bump to my CS from this change. Hunting empaths seem pretty bad ass.

I dropped transformation lore because I was mistakenly thinking it was in the spirit sphere, and therefore bringing you above 1x spirit lores. But it's definitely mental. Keep your lore where you had it.

Lucktar
12-18-2019, 04:46 PM
Here is what I ended up with.

Got a boost of 26 to my CS. I bypassed around 3 hunting areas!

Thanks for the help everyone.

Olendhay (at level 40), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 143 43
Arcane Symbols.....................| 140 40
Magic Item Use.....................| 140 40
Harness Power......................| 140 40
Spirit Mana Control................| 140 40
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 138 39
Mental Lore - Transference.........| 74 16
Perception.........................| 140 40
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 74 16
First Aid..........................| 180 80

Spell Lists
Major Spiritual....................| 26

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 26

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 61

audioserf
12-18-2019, 05:07 PM
Looks good but are you sure you meant to train Transference lore? Its only use for empaths is to take scars from people (50 ranks) and maybe imprint or something IDK because I don't bother with imprint.

Transformation is the lore that lowers your healing/scar healing RT, which most empaths prioritize way before transference (if they ever train in transference)

Lucktar
12-18-2019, 05:26 PM
holy crap I did exactly that, I meant transference!

Wonder if GM would fix that for me, doesn't hurt to ask I guess.

Alashir
12-18-2019, 06:23 PM
Lol glad to know I'm not the only one who has done something like this

khorpulent
12-19-2019, 08:59 AM
Heh, better start migrating.

As you progress, you might keep the following in mind:

MMC is useful to empaths because it increases the number of targets you can link with 1117. The base is three, and you get additional targets at 10, 24, 50, etc. You probably won't need to hit seven targets for a while, but it's worth picking up some ranks to at least get to 4 or 5. Plus, MMC will give you additional uses of mana spellup, a few extra ranks for runestaff defense, and increase your mana recovery a little bit. It's cheap too.

Unless you're in Sunfist (which you should be) and need it for 1107, you don't really need much blessing lore. If you're Sunfist, you'll probably want 65 eventually.

Summoning lore will become important eventually, once you start using 1115. That additional damage cycle makes a huge difference. You probably won't need it for a while, though.

Manipulation lore is garbage. Don't get any.

You might consider going above 1x in PF if you can find the points.

Don't forget about channeling. Mana is tight on mid-level pure empaths, and channeling can save you a lot of mana if you use it in the right moments. Often you can 1-shot stuff by channeling open-handed in offensive (+40 to your endroll!) that would otherwise take you 2-3 casts. A bit risky, but quite useful in the right situation.

audioserf
12-19-2019, 09:08 AM
IMO hitting your casts is more important than lores making the casts that DO land more powerful. I personally won't accept ever missing a cast like or slightly above level so I was wild heavy spell use (2.85x spells at 100, at the expense of lores or pretty much any other skills). Khorpulent is on the money about Summon Lore being excellent and 1115 being insane with a 4th damage cycle, but pre-cap if I had to pick between more CS or a potential 4th damage cycle I'm taking the CS and thus the Empath Base ranks.

Versin
12-19-2019, 10:37 AM
I think 1106 damages skins, but I know 1101 does not. Use your pocket wizard to RF and go nuts.

khorpulent
12-19-2019, 10:53 AM
There's some truth to that, but in the end it’s probably a wash. At cap, 100 summoning ranks will give you a 66% chance of a fourth cycle. The 600 MTP you’d spend on those ranks could be spent on 18 spells ranks, yielding an extra 6-9 CS depending on where those ranks go.

The first two cycles of Wither are pretty weak, and the third (and fourth) are considerably stronger. The third usually deals more damage than the first two combined and is where crit kills usually happen. The fourth cycle is roughly equivalent to the third. So the fourth cycle (if it activates) adds something like 30-50% of the total damage done by the first three cycles (and gives another chance a crit kill if you hit somewhere vital).

So is an increase of 9 CS more useful than a 2 in 3 chance of a substantial increase of power if the spell lands? Don’t know! Would be interesting to test, but I went with lore (mostly) over spell ranks.

Of course, audioserf still hasn’t maxed his summoning (at what, 18m exp?) and he gets by just fine.

The point moot, anyhow, if you go for 65 blessing lore for Sunfist before you start working on summoning.

I think 1106 damages skins, but I know 1101 does not. Use your pocket wizard to RF and go nuts.

1106 and 1115 are just a crapshoot when it comes to skinning, since you can’t control where you hit. Sometimes you’ll get lucky and sometimes you won’t. Another effective alternative is to use 1110 (preferably in a more defensive stance) and let the warding cycles do the work. But that probably won’t do you much good without SA or telepathy.

Nothing
12-19-2019, 03:37 PM
If you're hunting trolls at all, maximize Fire Spirit and you'll mow right through them.