PDA

View Full Version : High end double (since everyone hates brig)

Malvadere
11-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Selling some 7x doubles (8x potion already used to unlock enchant), superbly crit padded (21 CER, 620 services), T5 ensorcelled, 10% perm puncture resist, with disintegrate flares. Yes, I found some brig that is a nice upgrade (I'm a 2handed ranger).

MB: 200m
Also accepting BS.

Thanks,
Stephen

Malvadere
11-27-2019, 04:00 PM
Possibly accepting silvers as well.

gs4Pawn
11-29-2019, 03:46 AM
thats likely going to be a bear to enchant

Malvadere
11-29-2019, 07:41 AM
I just had a 21m wizard check it out, they had something like ~126 rank ins 900 and had a 0% chance to enchant it. So I'm currently looking for a freak of a wizard (with over 200+ ranks in 900), or debating on buy two fixskills for one. The pour enables it to go up to a full +40.

Malvadere
11-29-2019, 09:01 PM
Also had a 176 900's rank 30m wizard cast at them and they also had a 0% chance. I have a true mutant (303 900's rank) going to cast at them and will let you know...P.S. Looking for PP chunks lol.

Chaumel
11-30-2019, 06:41 AM
With the penalties remaining sky high, even though enchanters lost something like 300 to their enchanting skill checks, I seriously doubt you'll find someone who can enchant those.

A max (as in, fully max enhanced) halfling wizard can get to 843 skill, as a 303 wizard rank. Your armor, without accounting for the resists, since I don't know the penalty for them, is a 929 (as in, at 930 skill, you have a 1% chance to succeed.) difficulty, just for what I do know how to calculate. The resist, in my best guess, is adding an additional 100 to that, bringing it to 1029. It is completely beyond the ability for any player to enchant under the current penalty system.

Your only chance would be to accept that those pours are completely wasted, and find an enchanter under the old style system, with a new 8x potion and enough pours. Under the old system, it is within the realm of possibility for a player to enchant your gear, but it would be an extremely difficult project, and require a mutant, and may not be able to reach 100% chance.

Feel free to tell Simu they are doing a great job not addressing the enchantment penalties side of the changes, the new system never got updated, even though Simu promised to within weeks of it's launch last year. This was supposed to be done by Coarse and Estild.

Or you can find a wizard with a +500 skill potion that Simu was selling before the enchant changes, and pulled it due to the "appearance" (fact) that their failure to address penalties was a ploy for selling more monetized potions.

Malvadere
12-02-2019, 06:20 PM
Bump

drauz
12-03-2019, 08:21 AM
You should remove the flares and test again, I would imagine they are the tipping point for the difficulty.

Asha
12-12-2019, 07:54 AM
superbly crit padded (21 CER, 620 services)

I havent been playing much for a long time and don't think I ever learned how this works. Does this mean someone literally was lucky enough to find a merchant that would crit pad 620 times? I know you can temporarily add them through some means. When I was playing night and day for years and years I never saw a padding merchant once and other merchants no more than like, 5 times.

If it really is 620 services to get to that much padding I really won't bother with those merchants and just buy off merchants like this gent. Thanks for any help!

audioserf
12-12-2019, 08:03 AM
https://gswiki.play.net/WPS_smithy

Read up! :)

Frebble
12-12-2019, 12:56 PM
I havent been playing much for a long time and don't think I ever learned how this works. Does this mean someone literally was lucky enough to find a merchant that would crit pad 620 times? I know you can temporarily add them through some means. When I was playing night and day for years and years I never saw a padding merchant once and other merchants no more than like, 5 times.

If it really is 620 services to get to that much padding I really won't bother with those merchants and just buy off merchants like this gent. Thanks for any help!

There was off-the-shelf crit-padded armor. FGB comes to mind. Also, items are generated by the treasure system with padding. I found some decently crit padded 4x studded leather a while back.

So they could have secured an item with existing padding, maybe had it serviced a few times, and they are just noting the equivalent number of services to achieve this CER.

Malvadere
01-15-2020, 08:32 AM
Bump, price lowered by a lot, also accepting bloodscript.