PDA

View Full Version : Scott Peterson is getting the axe.

Jenisi
03-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Death penalty by leathal injection...

Parkbandit
03-16-2005, 03:14 PM
In California.. he has a better chance of dying of old age than for it to actually be carried out.

Sylph
03-16-2005, 03:21 PM
It'll go through appeals for years.

Jenisi
03-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Well in my eyes, a lot of the time... the death penalty has "psychological" harm as a punishment as well then just actually being killed... to sit there and "know" the exact time and date you will die ... messes with you i'm sure.

Bobmuhthol
03-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Except that's cruel punishment and a form of torture.

Making it illegal.

Vixen
03-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Admittedly I am pregnant and therefore biased. But I don't hope for the lethal injection so much as I hope someone beats the holy hell out of him in prison for killing a woman and her child, repeatedly even.

Warriorbird
03-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Death row inmates are too protected.

Czeska
03-16-2005, 03:56 PM
I believe the estimate I read is that he'll be executed in around 2029.

Vixen
03-16-2005, 04:02 PM
They sit there too long, in my not so humble opinion. If you're going to use the death penalty.. which I have never been too sure on how I feel about in all honesty...but if you are going to, why wait?
That said, I think his punishment should be stick him in a room with 100 pregnant women and let them kick the shit out of him. I'm signing up.

She who needs mood lifting ice cream today it seems.

KymberlynX
03-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Vixen
That said, I think his punishment should be stick him in a room with 100 pregnant women and let them kick the shit out of him. I'm signing up.

Hey, I would get pregnant again just to get a piece of that action.

I think death is too lenient for him. They should let him rot in prison for the rest of his miserable life and let him become some big sweaty guys butt-bitch. :yes:

AkMan
03-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Give him one appeal, max 1 month. Then just kill em. I'm sick of my tax dollars paying $100/day per inmate for people on death row.

Bobmuhthol
03-16-2005, 05:07 PM
<<but if you are going to, why wait?>>

I think the answer involves the severity of death. Just a guess.

Showal
03-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Most states are trying to abolish the death penalty ... mine's putting in an express lane.

Killer Kitten
03-16-2005, 05:55 PM
On death row or not, you just know he's going to wind up being a sex poodle for some big tattooed sweaty guy named 'Bubba'.

Good.

Ilvane
03-16-2005, 06:23 PM
The death penalty and injections/punishments etc..actually cost more money than keeping them in jail.

I think the best punishment for Scott Peterson would be to live a long long life remember that he killed his wife and baby..that would be more suffering than putting him out of his misery.

-A

Bobmuhthol
03-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Again, suffering = sadistic = illegal.

Ardwen
03-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Prisoners on death row, are in single person cells in a special housing unit for just them, at an average annual cost of well over 100 thousand dollars each, the average inmate waits 18 years before execution. At todays prices it'd be cheaper and more efficient to just cut em a check for a cool mill and send em home.

Ardwen

Hulkein
03-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Drop him off in the badlands of any major city nude and drugged up.

That'll cost a C-Note, tops.

He'll never make it out.

[Edited on 3-16-2005 by Hulkein]

The Korean
03-16-2005, 07:23 PM
We need "The Running Man", or whateverthefuck that show was in that Schwarzenagger movie....

SpunGirl
03-16-2005, 09:39 PM
I agree with AkMan. If the appeal is denied, shoot them in the head THAT DAY. No waiting. No kidney dialysis paid for by ME for some 80 year old death row inmate.

-K

03-16-2005, 09:41 PM
I love the psychotic pregnant women that are so eager to have him killed. He didn't do it and fuck you all. For all the bitching you people do about the media, you really ate it up.

- Arkans

Warriorbird
03-16-2005, 09:46 PM
I thought it was the Republican guys bitching about the media.

03-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Hate to break it to you, but it's both sides here.

- Arkans

Xorai
03-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Then there is always the possibilty of them getting rid of the death sentence in the years it will take them to actually execute him.

Hulkein
03-16-2005, 10:05 PM
I hate people who are pro-abortion saying 'Oh my God he killed her and her baby.'

Well, if you believe that, and you support abortion, you support murder.

[Edited on 3-17-2005 by Hulkein]

03-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Um, I can kick the shit out of myself and it is legal.

I can't kick the shit out of you.

There is a difference.

- Arkans

PS: Free Scott

Bobmuhthol
03-16-2005, 10:11 PM
<<Um, I can kick the shit out of myself and it is legal.>>

No it isn't. I'm pro-abortion and couldn't care less that an unborn baby was killed. Go me.

Edaarin
03-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Holy crap, I agree with Hulkein about something concerning abortion...

Galleazzo
03-17-2005, 02:05 AM
They should set that mofo on fire, one limb at a time. Make it pay-per-view too.

Caiylania
03-17-2005, 02:14 AM
I think they should get one year for an appeal. then that's it. I have no issues with the death penalty. I think if it was actually applied, it would be more of a deterrant.

But hey, even if you commit murder you know at the most you just have 20 years of appeals ahead. and you still have your life.

I agree with those who say, I hate my tax dollars paying for those people to breathe.

xtc
03-17-2005, 02:42 PM
I am not convinced he is guilty. I think Amber Fry was a woman scorned. Her tapes never should been entered into evidence as they were overly prejudicial and from what I heard had little/no relevance to Laci's death.

There was no forensic evidence was found in the families cars to lend credence to the theory they had been used to transport her body.

No forensic evidence was found in the house despite a thorough search by experts.

No weapon was ever produced.

No witness was produced to say that Scott had fought with Laci near the time of her death.

No witness to her death.

They only found one strand of hair in the boat. A witness had indicated they had seen Lacy in the boat house before so it wouldn't be unusual for a hair to be in her boat.

There was no evidence of Scott planning a murder. No evidence of him being observed buying or even shopping for a weapon. Police Detectives found no records of computer logs showing he spent time researching ways of killing.

No evidence was offered that he had hired someone or considered hiring someone to kill Laci.

No evidence as to motive. No financial gain, or to protect assets he may lose as an adulterer in a divorce as California is a no fault community property state.

With adultery rates being estimated as high as 60% it doesn't seem a reasonable motive for murder or 60% of marriages would end in murder.

The death penalty seems a severe punishment here, especially in light of the fact that was a distinct lack of evidence.

African American
03-17-2005, 02:55 PM
I think death is too lenient for him. They should let him rot in prison for the rest of his miserable life and let him become some big sweaty guys butt-bitch. :yes:

While us taxpayers pay for it all. No thanks.

Just kill him and be done with it.

DeV
03-17-2005, 03:35 PM
I think someone else has already stated this but we pay less in tax dollars for a criminal to get life in prison than we do for them to be put to death.

Good points xtc expect I would have to say the infidelity coupled with having a baby on the way can make for a pretty good motive. Though I am still surprised he was convicted with the minimal amount of evidence that was procured for the trail. I think his actions following her death shed a heavy light onto the type of person Scott Peterson was shown to be in the press.

Oh and the press surely did their share of making an example out of Peterson with all the coverage. In the end I think he got what he deserved. Who else might have wanted to murder his wife and child and why no emotion considering there is a slight possibility that he might not have committed the crimes? Even so with the wife and child dead you'd think he'd show some sort of emotion---even a frown.

xtc
03-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Um, I can kick the shit out of myself and it is legal.

I can't kick the shit out of you.

There is a difference.

- Arkans

PS: Free Scott

If that is the case why was he charged with two counts of murder?

p.s. Free Scott

[Edited on 3-17-2005 by xtc]