PDA

View Full Version : a small ornate pocket-watch

Altheren
10-21-2019, 02:00 PM
I found this neat little item awhile back. And although I don't currently have a desire to part with it. I am curious if anyone else has one, and/or what this may be worth. I am posting the details below.

When looked at :
The small, round pocket-watch is formed of gleaming ornate, strands. On one edge of the pocket-watch, a tiny arrow sits atop a small stem. Surrounding the stem are various engravings. The arrow is currently pointing at the image of a Centaur profiled against a bright moon.

Loresong:
The pocket-watch is indeed vibrating and now you are just barely able to discern a tiny chittering sound escaping from the pocket-watch every so often. Surely, some life form has taken up residence within.

Odd images rush through your mind as the song continues. You envision a faraway land where strange and exotic creatures roam. The place vibrates to some sort of rhythmic pulsing. Each creature you see seems to move in time to the beat.

As you sing, the vibration from within the pocket-watch gets stronger with each note. Finally, the cover of a small ornate pocket-watch flies open and a tiny creature leaps up to sing,

Ooooh-da-laaaaaaaay, Oooooh-da-liiiiiiight!
Happy Daaaaaaaaaaay, Happy Niiiiiiiiiiight!

*tap* *tap* *tap* The little creature bangs on the edge of his pocket-watch.

Bless my stars, you're an ugly sight!

With that, the creature sneers mightily at one and all and slams the lid shut after himself.

When opened:
>open my pock
A tiny creature pops up from Altheren's pocket-watch and shouts, "It's eight fifty-two Centaur Standard time! Cock-a-doodle-doo!" With that, the bizarre critter disappears once more, snapping the lid shut behind itself.

It also has 4 time zone settings. And it can be a stop watch as well. You tap it once to set it, and tap it again later and it will show you the amount of seconds that has passed.

Stumplicker
10-21-2019, 02:06 PM
I like it. I want it. I don't know how much it's worth. Shut up and take my money!!

Stumplicker
10-23-2019, 10:36 AM
Someone mentioned these on lnet last night. Apparently they were prizes from the dig in EG last year or the year before, and since watches weren't invented until the 1800s, are now deemed illegal (so don't hand it to a GM). That should bump the price up pretty well. If you were gonna sell it, I'd start it at maybe a MB of 25 million and see if you get any bites. It might not (probably won't) go for that, but to the right person, it'd be worth it. There aren't likely to be any more coming out. I haven't seen any others floating around unless you weren't the guy who used it in the trove area the other night, in which case I've only ever seen one other.