PDA

View Full Version : un-Official Deadmines Ironman Run Rules

Wezas
05-23-2005, 12:42 PM
(please reply so I can update this)

Summary: Deadmines is a low level instance located in Westfall.

Going "Ironman" involves removing all armor and any magical bonus items. You must also not use any weapons. At least one guild member or at least one reliable witness must be present for the entire run.

Allowed:

Weapons/Gear picked up along the way are allowed.

Skipping mobs that are not named characters.

Not Allowed:

Wearing any gear/rings/weapons/trinkets that were not picked up in deadmines.

To be determined:

Use of AoE spells

Healing Potions, Bandages, and Mana Potions not picked up in Deadmines.

[Edited on 5-24-2005 by Wezas]

Sean of the Thread
05-23-2005, 12:52 PM
I'd say not all mobs need to be killed... shortcut to VC if you want. But no outside potions etc. AOE should be allowed I spose. It would be a bitch regardless. It will all come down to agro control.

Odups
05-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Well, in order to give casters a chance at all, any spells they know would have to be allowed. For warlocks and hunters, pets would have to be allowed too, otherwise you're gimping their main hunting tactic. Paladin auras are allowed, which can give much needed help for the no-armor issue :) .

Mob clearing shouldn't be required, just helps to get the chance for a useful drop along the way. And by the time people are doing the ironman run, aggro won't be an issue other than running mobs.

SnatchWrangler
05-23-2005, 03:38 PM
If spells and pets were allowed, a rogue or warrior is supposed to go in there and go melee toe-to-toe with their fists?

Fighting with spells at near full strength (minus bonuses from gear) vs. fighting with bare hands in a most likely very underdeveloped skill hardly makes it fair.

Odups
05-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah, but thems the breaks!

/crymore

<flee>

Edited to add: Work on unarmed skill ya noobs.

[Edited on 5-23-2005 by Odups]

Parkbandit
05-23-2005, 05:02 PM
I don't get it.

You have to kill all the bosses or you just have to walk/run through it? What level is Deadmines? I think Falgrin went through it.. and he's only 31.

If that is the case.. no problem. If you are level 60 going through that low level instance, you will probably have to attack something first JUST to gain aggro.

If you have to go through and kill shit.. then yea, it sucks for any profession except spell casters. Bayne could do it, no sweat with enough mage water.

Odups
05-23-2005, 05:08 PM
You go through it and hit the bosses, not just a jog in the park. It's the low level alliance instance (18 to low 20s elites). For the most part, you can avoid aggro just by watching your distance. Other than mobs you have to kill to open doors and such.

Surprisingly enough, my paladin did it without a hitch (nerf!). Not sure I even had to heal at any point. And despite Wezas' rogue not finishing, he was doing damn well damage-wise, since rogues aren't really relying on stats to boost it.

Sean of the Thread
05-23-2005, 05:48 PM
I've gone thru it at around lvl 50 on my own using my gear mind you. But to do it ironman sounds very fun. Think of it like a commando mission or some shit.. get in.. take out VC by any means and get out.

Also for any caster to do this without water would be painstaking at best.. fun fun.

[Edited on 5-23-2005 by Xyelin]

Artha
05-23-2005, 07:50 PM
I ran my paladin through it during that Children's week. Got to VC before having any sort of trouble, and I killed him before finally being taken out by those 4 20 elites, which I wish I'd had the presence of mind to Divine Protection/Lay On Hands against.

Odups
05-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Newest Ironman Finisher

#1- Start of the run
#2- Victory Shot