PDA

View Full Version : 120m silver prize pool

gemwiz
03-14-2005, 07:14 PM
Okay, will just post this in two categories so hopefully those interested can see. Anyone who opens an account with partypoker.com and uses bonus code "eagle" to do so will be eligible. There will be two tournaments in April, on sunday nights. The first will be for play money players with a prize pool of 20m, we will use private tables to run the tourneys, first place 10m, second 5, third 3, and fourth 2m. Tournament FREE to enter.
Second tournament will be for players who make a deposit at partypoker, any deposit- which when you use "eagle" to first sign up will give you 20% bonus PLUS 7 freerolls PLUS entry into their $5000 tournament. A good deal for anyone who likes poker anyway.
This tournament will be a 100m silver prize pool, I anticipate about 30-40 players, tournament is free to enter. First Place is 60m silver. 2nd-20m, 3rd 8m, 4th 6m, 5th 3m, 6th-8th 1m silver each. After you signup please send me a private mail letting me know but more info will be posted as we progress. I plan on having a few surprise silver tournaments once a week beforehand. The first one will be this weekend! I will invite people directly on partypoker!

Sylph
03-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Erm... The 'eagle' code is for what exactly? Im thinking that its just basically saying that you refered and you'll be getting bonuses.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-14-2005, 10:24 PM
What's to prevent 3 of the existing players from IMing one another their cards to cheat and take all the newcomers money?

gemwiz
03-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Because the actual silver tournament is for free. Their is no entry fee of any kind. So technically I guess someone could IM someone but I know nobody has ever IM'd me. Its a friendly game.

Sylph
03-15-2005, 06:20 AM
Offer prizes... someone will figure a way to cheat.

Sean of the Thread
03-15-2005, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Sylph
Erm... The 'eagle' code is for what exactly? Im thinking that its just basically saying that you refered and you'll be getting bonuses.

Affliate program.

Select from one of two payment plans: Get paid $65 - $75 per sign up guaranteed or earn 20-25% of the gross revenue generated during the lifetime of your player's Account. Not sure if your players will be big players? Choose the per sign up plan. Confident your players will be high rollers? Choose the revenue plan…the bigger your players, the bigger your checks! How big? See the potential. You can choose different payment plans for different trackers to maximize your profits!

Sean of the Thread
03-15-2005, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
What's to prevent 3 of the existing players from IMing one another their cards to cheat and take all the newcomers money?

More problematic is the use of 3rd party microphone such as TEAMSPEAK.

Sylph
03-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Its a great idea... but being a Party Poker account holder Im not going to make a new one so he can get money for me playing in his tournament.

gemwiz
03-15-2005, 05:46 PM
The tournament is free, quite simply. I do the affiliate thing for fun so I play with people I have common interests with. I will definitely lose money on the 120m but I thought it would be a nice idea. Im running it no matter what, if there are 3 people competing for 120m silver or 100. Either way its going on. No one can lose a single thing. So far we got 3 people. If we get 10 by friday I think we will run a trial 5m silver winner takes all tournament, free also:)

Sylph
03-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah... but as you stipulated... Only people who can have the company give you money will be playing.

You aren't losing a thing.

gemwiz
03-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Update: We are currently at 4 people. Doesnt cost anyone a thing, you need never deposit anything- you are still eligible for the smaller tournament. I hope to break even and no one signing up can lose anything. You actually gain, 20% deposit, 7 free rolls, $5000 freeroll and a chance at a small person 100m silver pool tournament. Can deposit as little as $50.