PDA

View Full Version : General info for using this folder

AnticorRifling
05-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Here are just a few helpful tips for using this folder to sell chars, gear, services, etc.

1) It is probably in the best interests of all persons involved not to list the character name when selling a character. Tends to slow down the process.....alot.

2) List everything you know, skills, stats, gear, guild, etc. The more information the better.

3) If you're selling an item and this phrase comes to mind "It has some kind of (flares, weighting, ability) but I can't remember go find out and then post when you're sure. I'm sorry but if you "think" it has weighting I "think" you're FOS and tryin to scam.

4) Always make sure your contact information is good to go. Nothing worse than tryin to find out more about a sale and not being able to reach the seller.

5) It's also a good idea to express what town this service, item, character is in that way the buyer doesn't have any guess work. If the "weapon" is in EN and you don't want to travel say so.

6) This isn't the time to use your degree in english to trump up something, this isn't the amulet. You can safely assume that most posters/readers here have a good understanding of what an item can and can't do based upon it's attributes. I'm not saying you shouldn't try to sell your item, I'm just saying don't over do it alla-Warclaidhm. I.E.

Selling a weapon with heavy crit weighting (that's good)

Selling a weapon with heavy crit weighting, you will be knocking limbs off left and right, watch as your prey falls victim to the awe inspiring power that is a heavy crit weighted weapon. This is what you NEED to hunt faster and more efficently, etc. etc. etc. ( We get the point we aren't stupid)

~Anticor

Celephais
07-12-2007, 01:30 PM
This post deserves a bump and a sticky and an update and whatever... what with the new head hauncho and all.

Satira
07-12-2007, 02:44 PM
That seems a little messy to me, and I don't care about things like names in sales or how much elaboration there is.

But I put up a few suggestions for sellers, just in case.

allen
07-12-2007, 04:35 PM
i think all these new folders suck, now it's like shitty gemstone.net forum

Stunseed
07-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Good thing you're the end all of the PC.

Sean of the Thread
07-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Listen to stunseed he's obviously higher on the end all of teh PC.

Stunseed
07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
I've been trumped by someone else. OH NOEZ!

allen
07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
yea, stunseed is god, it's just annoying, now I have to look through 10 folders to see everything that's been listed and that's the reason I don't use play.net

Kitsun
07-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Was there enough traffic to warrant the division into folders?

Satira
07-12-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed.

And yes there was a lot of people asking for these folders, and that's why we put them in. If you don't like them, I'm sorry, but that isn't changing anything at the moment. I hope you can adjust accordingly. :D

Morrff
07-12-2007, 05:41 PM
I happen to love the new setup for the folders, there was entirely too much traffic for only one! I have one request though, that the new folder for appraisals not be kept to ONE thread! I think everyone should open their own question threads, one is just going to get too cluttered to quickly.
Or perhaps that is already in the motions as I now see you are deleting that sticky in a few days, so SWEET!

Either way looks great(9X better), keep up the good work to all involved!

Player of Morrff's many!

Skirmisher
07-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Wow, using the quick link for todays posts is so stressful.

How will you survive?

AestheticDeath
07-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Honestly I was less than pleased with the division of folders myself.

And quick links doesn't always work.

Not to mention sometimes I come looking specifically for sales type things.. and don't feel like drudging through a lot of other political crap or whatever. Now I have to go through a lot of folders as allen already mentioned.

I will try it for a while before I complain though. I might get used to it.

Bobmuhthol
07-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Wow, using the quick link for todays posts is so stressful.

How will you survive?

This is an example of what not to do as a moderator.

AestheticDeath
07-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Right so its going to be a pain looking at new things - but I think it will be easier finding old threads without using the search feature.

Satira - would you mind moving my self ammo bow thread to the high end items rather than the flat priced items?

Thanks

Sean of the Thread
07-12-2007, 07:54 PM
I'd like to see the list of people requesting said folders just out of curiosity so I know who is entirely stupid.

I'd bet drews left nut that the people against this far outweigh those who you claim requested it.

You've achieved borderline HN status in less than two weeks. :)

Morrff
07-12-2007, 08:06 PM
I request them now!

No more searching forever for old posts though it will fill up pretty dern quick considering how much everyone whines on here!

Folder for each thing I'm looking for(but not too many folders it's annoying!).

Satira
07-13-2007, 12:22 AM
I think we've established some people like them and some people don't. It would be incredibly dumb to put out a list of people who asked for it, but if anyone wants to chime in and say so they can.

If all else fails, I'm okay with people chalking it up to the new meanie moderator who is screwing up their whole message board world. There was a lot of whining about bumping, insults and other things that don't relate to actual selling. So, we're trying something new.

If you're someone who really doesn't like this new format, go ahead and PM me and we'll take that into consideration if this set up doesn't work for everyone.

I think I've said all I'm going to say on the new changes for now. I hope they work out okay for everyone, and if not then things can always be rearranged.

allen
07-13-2007, 06:09 AM
There was a lot of whining about bumping, insults and other things that don't relate to actual selling.

that's because it was ok'd to bump twice per day

Back
07-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey, how do you know if you have fixskills or not?

I hijacked this topic because I did not want to create and entirely new topic for one question that will be answered quickly.

Gan
07-13-2007, 02:37 PM
type fixskills.

If you have one available, it will ask you to confirm. If not, it tells you when the next fixskills will be available.