PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Bow

bubbauno
03-12-2005, 02:04 AM
Possibly selling my elemental bow if someone offers an insane amount..

a weathered long bow inlaid with tiny bloodstones.
Acid elemental bow. Unlimited arrows. Permablessed. Newstyle.

Anyone interested can contact me at bubbauno@aol.com or at bubbauno on AIM.
Serious inquiries only please.

Thanks,
Tsin

StrayRogue
03-12-2005, 02:28 AM
Thats a hot item.

Divinity
03-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Oh. My. GOD. I want it!

bubbauno
03-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Current offer is 250 million.

Mini-Spir
03-12-2005, 02:18 PM
And it will probably go for 300-400

Vesi
03-12-2005, 04:45 PM
I have a smooth stone, some tree bark and a slate wand to offer.

I'm SO going to win.

Vesi daydreaming

P. S. How do these people get so much $$? I would love that bow. Doesn't love count more than money?

Fallen
03-12-2005, 05:24 PM
P. S. How do these people get so much $$? I would love that bow. Doesn't love count more than money? >>

Mostly, through Merchanting.

Old money often came from script skinning certain creatures, or strip mining areas for days on end. Even in GS4, if I work hard I can make a decent amount of silver in a few hours. If I was MAing, I could clean up even more.

However, when you hear about people having 400+ Million... 90%(RANDOM STASTIC, NOT BASED ON FACT!!1one) of those people made their money the same way the stocks work, Buy low, Sell high.

-----

You certainly have sold off a great many of your treasures, Tsin. You aren't thinking of leaving the game, are you?

[Edited on 3-12-2005 by Fallen]

bubbauno
03-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Nope just trying to spread the wealth and share some of the nice items with the public.

Danical
03-12-2005, 05:41 PM
yeah . . . how's the plasma btw?

--gnimble

Sylph
03-12-2005, 06:33 PM
I think Tsin should loan me a few of his treasures... :D

Mini-Spir
03-12-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm HELLA curious as to how much silver you have on hand to access at any given time.

Keller
03-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Mini-Spir
I'm HELLA curious as to how much silver you have on hand to access at any given time.

Enough that he will be :no: when Simu turns it's power off and he's still got it sitting in a server in St. Louis.

IntegraC
03-13-2005, 05:50 PM
I'd wait until after the Wavedancer bows are released to see how much elemental bows get lowered in price with the 12 new bows being released.

bubbauno
03-13-2005, 05:51 PM
I wish there were more bows coming out.. but I recently spoke with Khaladon there will be some "special" bows, but definetely nothing close to elemental quality.

Chadj
03-13-2005, 07:37 PM
I have all of 1.5 mil, and can't even afford to keep my account running.. but I really want that effing bow.

[Edited on 3-14-2005 by Chadj]

hectomaner
03-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by IntegraC
I'd wait until after the Wavedancer bows are released to see how much elemental bows get lowered in price with the 12 new bows being released.

yeah i dont know where you got that:

a. more elemental bows would be released
b. that they would be released on the wavedancer
c. the number 12

especially sinces b and c are false, and most likely a is as well

FinisWolf
03-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by bubbauno
I wish there were more bows coming out.. but I recently spoke with Khaladon there will be some "special" bows, but definetely nothing close to elemental quality.

Face it folks, there will never be anything that made again, that made folks like Tsin, Ardwen, Sergy etc, super fuckin gods in GS.

It's SIMU's idea of game balance.

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

Kitsun
03-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by IntegraC

It was said nifty holy/unholy bows would be released. Never did anyone go out and say there'd be elemental bows let loose.

Unfortunately, it seems people are reading what they want to instead of what is written.

As for the prices dropping: The release of the Anfelt elemental bows actually kicked up demand and value of the older ones. I think it has to due with the exposure kicking up excitement because most people didn't even know they existed. So demand rose more than supply.

Warriorbird
03-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Eh. They released elemental bows pretty recently.

The only downside is if they ever actually get the balls to release breakage. They could've and should've done it... they just couldn't pull it off with all the other changes.

Apart from that, they're just about the best weapon out there. Especially that damn 2 second crossbow.

Ardwen
03-14-2005, 12:14 AM
its amusing how many of the wealthy you dont mention, or even know exist Finiswolf. Theres rather a few people quite a bit wealthier then I am, let alone Tsin or Sergey. As wealth goes I'm fairly new to it in the grand scheme, Tsin even newer.

On the elemental bow lines, The prices for them increased wafter Anflet released the new ones, I wouldnt be shocked if the same thing happened again, as there are far more archers now then there were then.

Ardwen

Stunseed
03-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Archery sucks, but using one of those bows would be nice. I've got a dual crossbow right now, and it's nifty, if only I had a character who used ranged.

Or hadn't already sold it to someone.

hectomaner
03-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Ardwen

ardwens verbage

Ardwen

what he said

StrayRogue
03-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Fallen
P. S. How do these people get so much $$? I would love that bow. Doesn't love count more than money? >>

Mostly, through Merchanting.

Old money often came from script skinning certain creatures, or strip mining areas for days on end. Even in GS4, if I work hard I can make a decent amount of silver in a few hours. If I was MAing, I could clean up even more.

Yep. It just a hell of a lot slower these days. For example in GS3 you could make a mil in about an hour hunting steeds. These days hunting stuff that gives the best quality pelts, it still takes me 3 hoursish to make a mil.

Hulkein
03-14-2005, 01:28 AM
If by 'share the items with public' he means sell them before the game gets unplugged, :thumbsup:

Drew
03-14-2005, 01:29 AM
its amusing how many of the wealthy you dont mention, or even know exist Finiswolf. Theres rather a few people quite a bit wealthier then I am, let alone Tsin or Sergey. As wealth goes I'm fairly new to it in the grand scheme, Tsin even newer.

I don't know Ardwen's wealth, I'm sure it's quite large, but there a few people who I can think of off the top of my head that would most likely outclass him (which is what he just said). You have to think, imagine if Jesh had sold his stash instead of losing most of it. There were several people who had similar lockers that just weren't as famous. Hell, Starsnuffer sold off well over a billion silvers worth of stuff last year.

I'm not taking a swipe at Ardwen or anyone else here, but these people aren't ruining Gemstone's economy, it was "ruined" (I disagree that it's ruined at all) a long time before anyone Finiswolf named became a major player.

bubbauno
03-14-2005, 01:40 AM
I've sold at least 2 billion worth of stuff since New Years but I don't claim I run the economy.. I just contribute to spreading out the majority of higher end items, which would otherwise be stashed away or hidden.

Drew
03-14-2005, 01:51 AM
I wasn't saying Starsnuffer was 'ahead' of you, I was just pointing out that there's a lot more to the gemstone economy than a couple of people.

StrayRogue
03-14-2005, 01:52 AM
Considering Snuffer didn't sell many of the uberly nice stuff last year either...

IntegraC
03-14-2005, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by hectomaner
yeah i dont know where you got that:

a. more elemental bows would be released
b. that they would be released on the wavedancer
c. the number 12

especially sinces b and c are false, and most likely a is as well

First of all, I didn't say elemental bows were being released. I said whatever bows were being released would lower the value of existing e-bows since there's other shit on the market.

Second of all, if you'd read the BBS you'd have read that Khaladon posted he'd release special bows on the Wavedancer.

Third of all, the number 12 I got from again, Khaladon's post. He said there would be 6 released per run.

StrayRogue
03-14-2005, 02:12 AM
Then you'd be wrong. As theres 3 runs. And as Ardwen has said, the release of other bows of similar class has only increased the price of those items.

FinisWolf
03-14-2005, 03:29 AM

On the elemental bow lines, The prices for them increased wafter Anflet released the new ones, I wouldnt be shocked if the same thing happened again, as there are far more archers now then there were then.

Ardwen

I didn't wish to offend anyone Ardwen, I was simply saying names that popped into my head, and names that folks would ACTUALLY recognize.

My Apologies,

Finiswolf

Stealth
03-14-2005, 03:30 AM
As Ardwen said there are quite a few folks who are way up there in terms of items and cash, both current players and ones who no longer play yet kept their gear.

Stealth

StrayRogue
03-14-2005, 03:32 AM
Heh, Stealth is speaking for experience. BTW you need to sell that strongass brig :D

FinisWolf
03-14-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Drew

I don't know Ardwen's wealth, I'm sure it's quite large, but there a few people who I can think of off the top of my head that would most likely outclass him (which is what he just said). You have to think, imagine if Jesh had sold his stash instead of losing most of it. There were several people who had similar lockers that just weren't as famous. Hell, Starsnuffer sold off well over a billion silvers worth of stuff last year.

I'm not taking a swipe at Ardwen or anyone else here, but these people aren't ruining Gemstone's economy, it was "ruined" (I disagree that it's ruined at all) a long time before anyone Finiswolf named became a major player.

It seems I was unable to convey my message. My message is simply this, GS (Simu) should release more of these UBER items, instead of this half assed crap they are releasing.

I never claimed that any of the folks with the uber items ruined anything. Nor did I mean to imply that.

It simply sickens me, that SIMU will not release more cool shit! Hell! I admitedly lust after many items I end up seeing on different forums/auctions places but the damn price makes it impossible to attain as a new player to GS. (Unless of course you CHEAT, which is what I call buying silver/items).

Anyway,
Again, my apologies,

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
03-14-2005, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Then you'd be wrong. As theres 3 runs. And as Ardwen has said, the release of other bows of similar class has only increased the price of those items.

Where do you get three runs? I may have to attend all three.

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

StrayRogue
03-14-2005, 03:41 AM
I'm sure I've read they were doing a third run. I might be wrong tho.

FinisWolf
03-14-2005, 04:47 AM
hmmm...

I know folks are/were asking...

Respectfully,

Finiswolf

Stealth
03-14-2005, 07:09 AM
Heh, Stealth is speaking for experience. BTW you need to sell that strongass brig :D

I rarely part with items now and even more rarely actually sell them. Sometimes I do trade for new things which would be more useful or more often I simply loan items to or borrow items from friends. That really does make it easier though to be able to borrow items, less hassle for me.

Stealth

allen
03-14-2005, 07:23 AM
I hate to go off topic, but I been hearing lately about the game going down, getting unplugged, etc. Anyone tell me exactly what that means, why they are doing it, and what makes you all think they will. Maybe a stupid question, but I dont talk to many people, don't really know much.

allen
03-14-2005, 07:26 AM
And isn't Ciston still up there in the 0's?

Askip
03-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Nice bow !!

<< but I been hearing lately about the game going down >>

The subject comes up fairly regularly. Text games are a very small niche and their demise is predicted almost daily.

With the $$ being spent by players for the virtual cruise, I do not think it will be anytime soon.

:D

allen
03-14-2005, 07:43 AM
I don't see why they would crash gemstone, they make so much money off it, why would they. I would just feel bad for the people with real money tied into the game, if it crashes.

Parkbandit
03-14-2005, 08:15 AM
I wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard that Gemstone is going to be turned off.

As far as no 'uber' items being released today.. I imagine if half of the items being released now were back 'in the day', they would be considered uber items. Think of all the items released today that have elaborate scripts or loresongs. Those were very rare back then and would command high retail prices.

StrayRogue
03-14-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Stealth

I rarely part with items now and even more rarely actually sell them. Sometimes I do trade for new things which would be more useful or more often I simply loan items to or borrow items from friends. That really does make it easier though to be able to borrow items, less hassle for me.

Stealth

Ah well, atleast Tsin actually sells his stuff.

Ardwen
03-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Wasnt upset Finis, amused would fit better, I've heard the same comment so many times from so many people it gets comical. People complain about the people they now have the great items, would yaou prefer if those of us that had them hid them from you all?

Ardwen

For every Uber item you see, theres 5 you have no clue of, remember that.

Sylph
03-14-2005, 02:26 PM
For every coin that Ardwen sees, there is one somewhere that hes never held....

err wait... :?:

bubbauno
03-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Bow sold.

Mini-Spir
03-17-2005, 08:17 PM
So....

What are some of these "Uber" items and what do they do?